Saturday, March 9, 2024

Floral Fun

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I found this die cut piece tucked in my UFO box and a  piece of background
that I believe was a gel print using two colors of paint and a mask or stencil.


The colors were perfect for the Color Hues Challenge of 
Turquoise and Green.

I've left the sentiment off since it will be in a gift box of note cards with
unattached die cut sentiments.

And a UFO twofer....


I found this flower that was die cut from a re-inker smooshed panel.
It looks turquoise IRL, but more blue in the photo.  So I'll deliver this one to
The Flower Challenge which is looking for square cards.  It's 4 1/4 inch square.
This is such a perfect size to tuck into a gift package and I never have any done when
I need them.  Time to  build a little stash.

Challenges:
Color Hues #82 - Turquoise & Green
The Flower Challenge #89 - Make a Square Card

 



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Spring Blooms Corner Die (SSS), Spring Leaves Pierced A2 Cover Plate (Honey Bee)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Certainly Celery
Other:  Wildflower Stems 2  Die (TH), Dimensional Diamonds 3D EF (Spl), Grassland Border Die (PS), Wow Emb Pen, Gold EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love both of your cards Bonnie. You are using your UFO box to great advantage with these lovely cards.

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie, and the corner design over the pretty gelli print piece works so well with the pierced coverplate background and finished with the lovely blue twine, and then the bright flower cut from a smooshed piece, and love the added grass die cut over the 3D diamond EF background..a terrific card. x

TK said...

Two beautiful cards! I love the colors in both, and. Congrats on using more of your UFO box

Marcia Hill said...

I wouldn't mind having a UFO box like yours Bonnie, as you always find the most beautiful things to use on your cards! Your turquoise and green are so pretty in both cards and YAY for playing along with my two favorite challenges! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

You've got great stuff to start with, that box is full of gems. Love both cards today.

Bobby said...

All the things in your UFO box are wonderful, Bonnie, and I'm glad you're finally pulling them out and making cards. I knew right away the first card was for Color Hues. The colored panel behind the die cut is lovely. I love that wild looking flower on the second card. Thanks for sharing that one with us at The Flower Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What gorgeous dies and cards to show them off. Love the cards. x

HilaryJane said...

Two very pretty cards. Great use of those UFOs too xx

nancy littrell said...

Two Beautiful cards, Bonnie:-) Thank you so much for sharing. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Susan said...

Two lovely cards! Great use of that background piece - it is perfect with that die cut over it. Love the flower on the second card, especially with the bits of gold embossing on the tips.

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I LOve the first but the second one with that gorgeous, embossed background won my heart today!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

That's a beautiful die cut and gel print on you first card, Bonnie! What a nice gift it will be with a card set and loose sentiments. A clever idea! I do love me a petite square card. This is a pretty one with the gold tipped wildflower and embossed background. This size will fit in a regular envelope, but I also like them tucked into a gift basket.

Lisa Elton said...

You do find some of the prettiest things in that UFO box of yours... well it's what YOU do with them that makes them pretty! These are marvelous, Bonnie!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie I love everything about your card. That beautiful cover plate over the gel print is stunning! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Karen said...

Your UFO box is a treasure trove! Both cards are wonderful, but I just love the first one--the beautiful background and such a lovely die cut piece. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Loll said...

Two lovely cards using the challenge colours, Bonnie. Great idea to create a gift box of cards with various sentiments. xx

Nancy said...

Bonnie, Two totally different and lovely cards! Great use of that background piece an it certainly is perfect with that die cut over it. Love the added twone. As for card two, great background as well and love that gold tipped flower. Thanks for playing at Color Hues and have a great week ahead!

BożenA said...

The first card is a combination of so many techniques. I love how the stenciled background peeks out from under the die-cut card panel. And this wonderful die-embossed background. Great card.
In the second card, I love your turquoise flower with beautiful gilding on the ends of the petals. I would like to meet such a flower in a meadow someday, it would be an amazing experience!
hugs.
BozenA xx

Nstiz said...

Beautifully done in that perfect Easter color. YOU do such a fabulous job coloring die cuts, something I never could do very well. Love the layouts too.

Nstiz said...

OOps, comment on the wrong post. I am nuts about these cards, particularly the one with the wildflower stems 2. I may have to have that die. The bit of cold you added to it is just perfect and really jazzes it up. Love the background on your first card using the die cut to show it off too.

Stef Perry said...

Bonnie, both cards are fabulous, Bonnie! I thinks it's so great that you can put together random leftover pieces to come up with two beautiful designs! Thank you so much for playing along with us at both Color Hues and The Flower Challenge!

Christine Alexander said...

I'm loving seeing your UFO makes, I especially love your gel print background :)

Cindy Beach said...

Bonnie, it makes me grin from ear to ear to see the cards you're making with your UFO pile. And next, I study and am inspired by the beautiful results! I'm here to thank you for playing along at both challenges! I'm in love with the gel print background.