Monday, March 4, 2024

Hummingbird Nectar

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have been enjoying my Betterpress and have a stack of images waiting for
some color.  This one was treated with watercoloring.


I'm joining in with Darnell's I.D.E.A.S self challenge each Monday.
The first Monday of the month is Ink/Color Mediums.  I've used watercolors.


Challenges:
NBUS #60 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Pressplate)
Triple B - Bird and Blooms

  




Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Betterpress Black
Paper:   Betterpress Bisque
Other:  Hummingbird Nectar Pressplate (Alt), Altenew Watercolor (Puffy Heart, Emerald Forest Glades), Tumbled Glass Re-inker, Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils (Dark Carmine, Chestnut, Malachite Green), WOS


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Amazing! I love your trumpet flowers and that darling little Hummer - it won't be long now!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

You are making me more and more ready to look into the Betterpress. This is so pretty done in watercolor.

Sandy said...

How amazing! You caught this pretty hummer mid-air!
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

Beautifully colored, Bonnie. I have a few hummingbird stamps I should get out.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Very Beautiful. x

Marcia Hill said...

I can't wait for my Hummers to show up, but in the meantime, I'll just enjoy your beautifully water colored one and your gorgeous Trumpet flowers Bonnie!! Lovely, lovely card my friend and so glad you are having fun with your better press!! Hugs. :0)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and beautiful watercoloring. Glad you are enjoying the Betterpress plates. I finally got a few myself.

Darnell said...

What a great choice for having fun with - and showing your skills at - watercoloring, Bon! And you know I love hummers! It's also a great take on the Triple B colors this month. Thank you for playing with my I.D.E.A.S. schedule! Hugs, Dolly

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you watercolored this pretty Altenew Betterpressed image, Bonnie - gorgeous colors!!

Darnell said...

p.s. I'm not sure I also thanked you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! If I did, just delete this one. xoxo

Nstiz said...

Great image and fantastic coloring. I have always loved the way you do soft washes in your background. This is so well done, Bonnie!

Pat said...

This looks beautiful with the hummingbird hovering over the pretty flowers and love the softly coloured sky as the background Bonnie..a wonderful card. x

Loll said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. Great watercolouring, my friend. xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little hummer! Fabulous card, Bonnie!

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful image and you've colored it expertly! There are quite a lot of gorgeous pressed images available now. I can imagine your stack and I'll look forward to seeing each one as you go along. This is absolutely gorgeous!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful watercolouring and beautiful image, I need more betterpress plates :):)

Cat Craig said...

Super sweet card Bonnie. Love that soft background with the bold images.

Susan said...

Lovely watercolouring on the beautiful hummingbird and flower! I thought I might join Darnell's Monday self challenge but so far my Mondays have been really busy!

Vicky Hayes said...

Look at this beauty with those gorgeous colours Bonnie! So beautiful! I've had these in my head too - watch this space! Vicky x

TK said...

Beautiful!

Trina P. said...

Lovely card. Tweet hummingbird.

Diane said...

A beautifully colored card and loved seeing the hummingbird!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

BożenA said...

Your watercolors are always so stunning, Bonnie! I love the cute hummingbird and these gorgeous flowers! And the delicate watercolor of the sky in the background... I can never get it as perfect as you!
xx