Saturday, March 2, 2024

Patterned Paper

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Like a lot of you, I have hoarded a ton of patterned paper.
So when I saw that the Double D challenge was asking for patterned paper,
I decided to take a break from the UFO box and try to pare down the paper collection.


I pulled out a package of paper a sweet friend sent me a few years ago.  It has a lot
of gold foil running through the designs.  I have taken it out so many times and oohed
and aahed over the beautiful patterns and carefully put them back in the package.

I was determined to use some.  The hardest part was choosing which pattern to use!

I just cut this piece to a bit smaller than a card front and added a thin frame and
hello die cut from gold foil.  I punched a few tiny dots to add here and there too.

The selections of paper had some printed vellum designs too and I got really brave....


Isn't it pretty?

I cut a bit from the top and bottom and wrapped the sides around a piece 
of white cardstock, wrapped some gold twine around a few times and tied a bow.

The next photo shows the gold better.


I'm so glad I finally decided to put some of this gorgeous paper on a card!

Our Craft Group is going to use patterned paper for our swaps next month so I
think I'll be using some more of this paper.

Challengs:
Double D - Use Patterned Paper.
Tic Tac Toe #242 - Metallic, Free, Floral





Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Patterned Paper (?), Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil
Other:  Yana's Wonderful Scripted Sentiments Die (Spl), A2 Thin Frames Die (SSS), Gold Twine


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

30 comments:

Viv said...

These are beautiful Bonnie. I never seem able to come up with anything decent with patterned papers! x

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous papers, fabulous cards - but OH MY GOSH that VELLUM! Bonnie, I totally understand why you resisted cutting it or covering any part of either of them! lol
But I'm happy you did or none of us would get to see them!
=]

Pat said...

These papers are gorgeous Bonnie, and your added thin rectangle with the hello in gold to match the gold on the paper looks great on the first, and the second using the beautiful vellum with the gold twine and black die cut 'hello' is equally fabulous. x

Nstiz said...

WOW! I’ve never seen designer paper that beautiful before! What a wonderful way to use it too- showing off the gorgeous design. These are just fabulous!

Darlene said...

OMG ... these are just GORGEOUS! What beautiful paper and you've showcased it perfectly! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Bobby said...

Those papers are gorgeous, Bonnie, and I can see why you hesitated cutting into them but they made fabulous cards that the recipients will ooh and aah over.

Bonnie said...

It is so exciting to see how a challenge inspired you to do what you had planed all along. Doubt you would have purchased the gorgeous pp and never intended to use it. So stunning, both of them.

BożenA said...

Such an amazing two cards, Bonnie. This patterned paper is unique and the gold plating makes it look so elegant and rich. You designed both cards beautifully, and because the paper itself is exceptionally beautiful, it is the main decoration of both cards.
I understand you perfectly, if I receive a gift from a crafting friend and I only have one copy, I am afraid to use it so as not to spoil it. And if it's in the drawer, there's always a chance I can use it. Just quantum physics in all its glory, hahaha
hugs,
BozenA

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Both of these cards are absolutely STUNNING Bonnie and I can totally see why you would take the papers out and look at them and then carefully put them back in the packaging because they were just too pretty to use! But oh my, they sure did make BEAUTIFUL cards my friend...they are both frame worthy!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Thanks so much for finally putting that paper on a card or two! Wow, these are just beautiful, Bonnie!

TK said...

Beautiful! LOVE this paper, it's easy to see why you hoard it -- but we're glad you brought it out to show off. It makes a beautiful card, and I really enjoy that gold cording too!

Susan said...

That really is gorgeous patterned paper, Bonnie! Love both the cards - the thin gold frame and gold hello really brings out the gold in the paper on the first one, and the gold cord is a great touch on the second one.

Vicky Hayes said...

I really can understand your reluctance to cut into these beautiful papers Bonnie but they make absolutely stunning cards and it's lovely to spread the joy! Vicky x

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, stop! To say it's pretty is an understatement! I'm in awe! Vellum, too... sigh... I'm so glad you shared these gorgeous creations with us at Double D. Gasping...

Loll said...

I love all your special touches you've added to these pretty papers, Bonnie. The gold framing and sentiment really highlight the gold in the pattern. And your vellum card ... WOW! Great work using patterned paper, my friend. xx

JoAnn said...

Wow, those papers are gorgeous and you made gorgeous cards with them. Glad you decided to use them. The added gold frame and die cut word on the first card is so pretty and the vellum card is beautiful. TFS

Cindy H. said...

What gorgeous cards you've created with those lovely papers! I'm not sure I would be brave enough to cut into them. Kudos to you for finally creating with them!

LesleyG said...

Just GORGEOUS! Xxx

Linda Callahan said...

Well now the paper is gorgeous and somehow you made it even more fabulous! Gold...vellum...oh my! Beautiful cards! So glad you shared onnnne at TTTC!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just goes to show, we don't have to use anything but paper, OH! And a little embellishment to create stunning cards. These are really fabulous. x

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous pattern papers resulting in gorgeous cards. The gold additions are perfect.

LeAnne said...

No wonder you were hoarding these papers...they're GORGEOUS! And what gorgeous cards you made by breaking down and cutting into them! Just beautiful!

Cat Craig said...

Bonnie, these are stunners! Simply gorgeous and your adding bits of gold to the printed paper brings it all out. Fabulous.

Christine Alexander said...

absolutely gorgeous papers and love the touch of gold xx

Brenda in IN said...

these are stunning papers and you made beautiful cards using them. It would be hard for me to cut into that paper as I tend to hoard it. The touch of gold you added made them so elegant.

Cathy said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie, Cathy x

Alexandra said...

These cards are gorgeous, I think we're all guilty of being precious with pretty paper designs, not wanting to cut into them as they're too pretty! Thanks for being brave Bonnie, for using those gorgeous designs and letting those papers be admired as they should be in your beautiful card creations.

Betty said...

I can see why you hoarded those papers, Bonnie - but you turned them into simply gorgeous cards - so pleased you shared them with us at TTT Chaleenge this week!!

Heather said...

I've been pulling out my patterned papers lately too as they've been hiding (hoarded) too long. The cards you made with this lovely paper are beautiful. Touches of gold add so much elegance.

Sue - said...

Absolutely beautiful Bonnie! That paper is gorgeous, I’m not surprised you’ve been reluctant to use it!