Friday, March 22, 2019

Another Deer for Christmas

Hi.  I have a prancing deer to share with you today.


This card was made from all leftover pieces in my UFO box and
sitting on my work table.

The background was dry embossed and the trees watercolored.
I embossed a piece of vellum with the same embossing folder and placed it 
over the colored trees.  It made me think of a snowy background.

An already die cut frame worked great for holding the vellum in place.

This deer was cut from a snippet of Crumb Cake cardstock and
I sponged the edges with a darker ink.

I thought it needed a little something extra so I attached
a wooden snowflake to the corner.
I'll probably wish I hadn't done that when it's time to mail this!

CAS Christmas will be ending in a few couple days.
 
Challenge ends on the 24th.

They are asking for anything with hooves.
I think this deer has hooves although they are kind of hidden
under the frame.  I put him there and I can vouch for the hooves.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Festive Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Soft Suede (SU)
Paper:   Neenah (110 lb. Natural), Watercolor (Strathmore Hot Press), Cardstock Vellum, Crumb Cake, Crumb Cake Textured (SU)
Other:  Tall Pines EF (TH/Sizzix), double Pierced Rectangles Die (Avery Elle), Delightful Deer Die (MFT)


16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

your velum trees and beautiful Bonnie, and wow! I love that die cut Deer. It's such a cool shape :)

Loll said...

Adorable! First of all ... love the prancing deer! :) He made me smile. LOVE the vellum over the watercoloured trees. It does look like a misti winter's day. Perfection! The wooden snowflake is so pretty. Great choice! xx

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Bonnie, I love that prancing deer and your beautiful background. What a gorgeous colour palette too. Thanks so much for playing along at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Nstiz said...

Wow! I thought those trees were a die cut. It's embossed so beautifully. Love the soft look of the vellum. Great card Bonnie!

Trina P. said...

Sweet little scene card, Bonnie. The deer looks right at home in the frosty forest. Cool effect with the vellum. xx

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...I love your prancing deer, and he doesn't look like he seems to mind the misty day in the forest at all! And you've gotta love when a card comes together using nothing but scraps! Fabulous card Bonnie...love it!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

Now this is a fun deer. I really like the water colored trees and the vellum softened them. Such a pretty card.

Linda said...

Lovely card, Bonnie, with your wintery scene. Great to use up leftover pieces.

Susan said...

Bonnie, what a clever idea to emboss the vellum with the same embossing folder and layer it over the embossed watercoloured trees - it gives a lovely soft wintery look. The wooden snowflake and the style of the deer add to a really rustic feeling. All in all, I love this card and am so glad you made another one for the challenge I'm hosting!

Christina said...

Oh, I love the soft look of the trees, and the wood snowflake accent is just perfect. Did you stamp the inside of the card too, or is that a paper?

Cat Craig said...

Bonnie, the vellum gives your card such a cool look; like a misty winters morning. It is beautiful.

ionabunny said...

Great use of snippets for this gorgeous scene. Thanks for joining the fun at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous 'deer' card Bonnie, he's the cutest reindeer and I just love how you've made the background, with the double embossed layers - the vellum gives a great feel to the card.

Brenda said...

That sure is a prancing deer Bonnie! lol I love this card, it is so pretty and soft/dreamy looking. I love those trees, they look so good with the vellum over them with the embossing. The deer is so cute, I love that he is prancing in the snow! Yes, you probably will regret the wooden snowflake when mailing, but it does look really good on the card. lol Hugs, Brenda

Mac Mable said...

What a striking and contemporary prancing deer. Love how you over-layed the vellum onto the dry embossing...what a wonderful effect......The colour tones are so striking Bonnie and I adore this card....Good luck when it comes to posting....x

Jo said...

Your vellum trees are incredible. That aqua colour with the soft suede makes this beauty so rich and fine. He is one special reindeer with subtle touches of distressing. The wood flake is a terrific addition too. xxx