Thursday, March 21, 2019

Flower Power for Memory Box

Hello and welcome.


I've really enjoyed this Verona Bouquet die from Memory Box.

I die cut from mixed media paper and used sponge daubers to add ink
to the flowers and leaves.  Then I used a damp waterbrush to move the ink,
adding more ink from a palette when needed.

I've shaped the flowers with a stylus on a soft mat
and popped them over a piece of stencil monoprint.

The stencil monoprint was done with a crackle stencil and powdered
Lindy's Magicals.  It was not the first pressing or else I blotted it with a paper towel.
It was in the background box and honestly, I don't remember 'xactly.
My rememberer isn't functioning as well as it use to!

The embossing around the aperture was done with a die.

I'm going to enter at the
Memory Box Out of the Box Challenge #47
and at



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Agapanthus (TT)
Ink:   Bashful Blue, Not Quiet Navy, Gumball Green, Crushed Curry Marker (SU)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Neenah (110 lb. Solar White
Other:  Verona Bouquet Die (Memory Box), Sponge Daubers, Waterbrush Crackle Stencil (Plaid), Screaming Banshee Black Lindy's Magicals, Double Stitched Circle Dies (LI)


17 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely card, Bonnie. The embossed circles make a lovely frame for the beautiful flowers. xx

Marcia Hill said...

What a pretty card Bonnie! I love the way the embossed circle die cut opening frames your lovely dimensional flowers! And your monoprint background is so soft and pretty too and I totally hear ya about the memory! Oh the joys of aging! Ha!! But anyways, sweet, sweet card my friend!! :0)

JosieD said...

What a sweet card to get us in a "Think Spring" mode. Love the aperture with the embossed die around it.

Christine Alexander said...

your flower is amazing Bonnie, love the effect of shaping the petals and your delicate colouring of the crackle paste behind is perfect:)

Trina P. said...

Simply beautiful, Bonnie. Gorgeous watercolouring. Love the color. Amazing dimension from shaping the petals. I need to remember that technique. xx

Brenda in IN said...

Your monoprint is so soft and makes a great background for the sweet flowers. This is such a pretty card. If we keep making these backgrounds with AI, Brushos, stencils and smooshing I will never use my pattern paper pads.

Jo said...

Spring freshness, such a beautiful pastel bouquet. I love that background subtle and perfect. Great dry embossed frame too, such a smart approach. A blue sentiment for blue flowers, love this! xxx

Nstiz said...

Your painted die cut looks beautiful against your soft stencil mono print. I love how subtle that background is as well as the pale muted colors. Fantastic card, Bonnie!

papierelle said...

You conjured spring on your card. Beautiful!!
Hugs Gundi

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous soft monoprint background for your beautifully watercolored and shaped die cut flowers, Bonnie. I always love and learn from your colored die cuts. TFS your beauty, my friend. Hugs..nancy

nancy littrell said...

P.S. LOVED your dry embossed with dies circle stitching too. Hugs..

Susan said...

Had to laugh at your comment about your rememberer not working so well - that's probably why I needed that reminder to add JoAnn's card to the CCC Admin blog!!

Love your card - beautiful blue flowers and a soft subtle background for them. Great idea to use the stitched die to emboss around the aperture.

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty flower die cut with the lovely coloring and shaped flowers. They look great over the stencil monoprint background.

Bobby said...

The dimension on those pretty flowers is wonderful, Bonnie, and I love the how did I do it?" background.

Rachel Vass said...

Such a lovely spring card, love your design and colours. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at The Flower Challenge.
Rachel DT

Mac Mable said...

So very pretty and delicate, love the background effect and those cute flowers x

Loll said...

I can see why you love these sweet flowers, Bonnie. They are adorable. Especially is the soft blue and peeking out through the circle aperture. Great design to show them off! Love the soft, subtle stencil monoprint background. Just adds something special to your design. xx