Friday, March 15, 2019

Stained Glass Your Love

Hi there.  So glad you stopped by.

We're still using faux stained glass techniques 
and celebrating our 3rd birthday at CAS Mix Up.



My mixed media are Faux Stained Glass using Alcohol Ink, Die Cut and Stamping.

This was a super QACAS (quick and easy clean and simple) card.

I die cut this strip that looked a little like a stained glass window
and chose a background from my alcohol ink stash.

This is much brighter than my usual colors but I thought it fit.

The sentiment stamp was a gift from a friend.
I love this scripture.  It makes my heart soar!

The Design Team and our Guest Designer, Gundi, have
come up with some awesome designs to inspire you.

I hope you'll come and join the CAS Mix Up party!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Psalm 36:5 (?)
Ink:   Pacific Point (SU)
Paper:   Neenah (110 lb. solar white), photo paper 
Other:  Alcohol Ink, Lucienne Tile (MB), Dew Drops (Starlit Studio)


18 comments:

Nstiz said...

Love the colors of your stained glass, Bonnie! That die is just gorgeous for this technique. I haven't seen that one yet but what a beauty it is! Love this!

Mac Mable said...

Love the vibrancy of the colours of the alcohol inks and what a fabulous stained glass effect with that beautiful die cut x. So very striking x

Cath Wilson said...

It makes my spirit soar, too, Bonnie! It brought a song to mind... 'Your love reaches the deepest part of me, defines who I am and who I'll be...'
Beautiful stained glass effect, with perfect colours to accompany the scripture. Cath x

Loll said...

Beautiful stained glass Bonnie. LOVE the bright colours with that gorgeous intricate design. Lovely sentiment. xx

Viv said...

Gorgeous stained glass effect Bonnie.

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie, lovely idea to use the bright shiney alcohol ink background for your stained glass

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous colours Bonnie, and I love that die :)

Brenda said...

Oh my Bonnie, this card is just stunning! I love the die as it really does look like a stain glass window! Especially with your fabulous inky background. The scripture is just perfect, just perfect! That would be one I'd have to grab if I ever ran across it as I love it too. Hugs, Brenda

Cathy said...

Wonderful card Bonnie, love the colourful AI through the pretty diecut and what a great sentiment, Cathy x

papierelle said...

A nice and modern card. I like your color choice, very nice !!
Gundi x

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the colors and the die cut. The sentiment is perfect for this lovely card.

Papercraft Boutique said...

The shine and the vibrancy of alcohol ink panel with the intricate die-cut really makes it look like stained glass, Bonnie! The great scripture and the clear dew drops are in the just right positions. Love your fantastic design, my friend!
Hideko

Jo said...

Perfect AI BG for the delicate die cut strip. Your Psalm is definitely in sync with this design!
Bright and beautiful as are you xxx

Trina P. said...

So pretty, Bonnie. The vibrant bright colours of the AIs is striking and I agree suits a stained glass look. Great design and great choice of die, too. xx

Susan said...

What wonderful colours and what a beautiful stained glass window effect! Great layout with the sentiment placement and the three embellishments.

Bobby said...

That die cut works beautifully with your alcohol ink panel, Bonnie, and the sentiment is perfect with a stained glass window. Stunning card!

Dana M said...

What a happy and uplifting card! Fantastic colors and clean design.

Susan Joyce said...

Love the bright colours Bonnie and your very dainty die cut.