Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Merry Bear

Hi there.  I hope you're not buried under lots of snow
and that you're staying warm and cozy inside.  Maybe finding time in the craft room?


I've been trying to join in to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge for a couple of months.
Finally, I think I've made the deadline!
HAVE A VERY BEAR-Y CHRISTMAS

I've used this adorable MFT Bear with with a wonderful die that a dear
friend gifted me.  I have such lovely and generous friends!

I stamped the bear and colored the image with Distress Markers, using
a slightly damp waterbrush.  After he was colored and dry, I place the piece
back in the MISTI and stamped with embossing ink and clear heat embossed.

I masked the bear and used a wet on wet technique to watercolor the sky,
then masked off a section for the ice and again used the wet on wet technique
to color the ice.

Then for fun, I inked the "ice" with embossing ink and used some old
and almost forgotten Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder to make the ice sparkle.

Maybe you can see that better here...

I added some chunky white Frantage for falling snow.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Birdie Brown Polar Bear Pals (MFT), Holiday Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black, Garden Patina Archival (Ranger), Distress Markers (cracked pistachio, twisted citron, pumice stone)
Paper:   Coastal Cabana (SU), Neenah (110 lb. solar white), Watercolor (TH)
Other:  Distress Re-inker (Tumbled Glass), Iredescent Ice EP, Clear EP (SU), Chunky White EP (Frantage), Oval Burst Die (Avery Elle)


17 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Had to chuckle when I saw that we used the same set (different bear though) for this challenge Bonnie...my post is scheduled for tomorrow so you'll see what I mean then. Cute, CUTE card and I just love that starburst die cut frame around your skating bear! We are buried under snow here in West Michigan and freezing temps too...and the furnace went out last night, but luckily it was an easy fix and only a couple hundred to fix...do you know how many stamps I could have bought with that money?!! So I did stay inside my warm house today and stamp. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

I love this little guy he's so cute. i love the sprinkles of snow and his great ice rink:)

Darnell said...

The way you colored this darling bear is so delightful, Bon-Bon! I love the glittery ice you created and the addition of the white frantage for the snow was genius! It adds so much texture! Love the oval burst die, too!! Hugs, Dolly

Marlene said...

Here's a happy looking bear. Great job.

JoAnn said...

Such a cute skating bear. Love your design and that great background die. The falling snow is perfect. TFS

Loll said...

This adorable guy makes me smile. :) Wonderfuly colouring and great sky and ice, Bonnie. The irridescent glitter embossing on the ice adds so much sparkle. And the frantage falling snow looks fantastic. xx

Trina P. said...

So cute, Bonnie. The oval burst highlights this fun little scene beautifully. Love the frantage and glittery ice finishing touches. xx

Brenda said...

Dug out here Bonnie, just need it to warm up so this snow can melt. lol I love, love, love this card! It is just too cute! That bear is adorable and I just love his expression-he just makes me smile from ear to ear. I love the way you did the ice and love the sparkle it has. Loving that die too as well as the "snow". Yep, about how it feels and looks around here. lol Hugs, Brenda

Brenda in IN said...

This scene really comes to life with the snow and glittery ice. I can see him skating and I feel the cold! Oh, never mind about the cold - that's because I just let Molly back in and it is so cold here! But the card is so pretty and the snow looks so real.

Sandy said...

You must have more stamps than Carter has "little live pills"!
I love this card - makes me smile!
Sandy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE it.
Faith x

Jo said...

He's just shining with HAPPY. I adore these colours and the softness becomes him. Keep warm my friend xx

Bobby said...

Fantastic, Bonnie. I love that falling snow and the ice is spectacular. I thought of using that bear but changed my mind.

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Bonnie, so glad you've made it and joined the Bear-y challenge! Love, love, love your card. This has to be one of my most favourite BB sets yet. Great card, love the show effect. Thanks so much for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Mac Mable said...

The ice and the snow look so pretty and the image on the bears face is adorable. The frame draws your eyes right in to your fabulous and contemporary card x

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love everything about your card! The colours, the cute bear, that fab die and your falling snow too!

Susan said...

Not sure why I am so late commenting on this - I love it! Great design with the skating bear, the snow, and the perfect use of the Iridescent Ice embossing powder.