Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Tall Flowers

Hi there.  I hope you are having a good week so far.
I've been playing with some new Penny Black Dies.


This die set has the vase and flowers.

I die cut the vase from a little piece of Inka Gold Smoosh and 
the flowers from Mixed Media paper.

I've colored the flowers with Distress Markers and a damp waterbrush.

I've shaped the vase a bit and fastened the flowers behind it then 
adhered with some dimensionals.

A little dry embossing and a stamped sentiment finish this CAS Card.

ANYTHING GOES
OR
CLEAN AND SIMPLE

I've gone with the Clean and Simple.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Banner Sentiments (PB)
Ink:   Early Espresso (SU), Distress Markers
Paper:   Neenah (110 lb. Solar White), Mixed Media
Other:  Tall Flowers Die (PB), Charles EF (Cuttlebug), Inka Gold


14 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I've been on the fence about this die set because I wondered if I'd ever use the vase, but I love yours Bonnie!! Great idea to use papers from the UFO box...it looks FABULOUS and I love how you gave it dimension too!! And of course the flowers are just lovely! BEAUTIFUL card my friend! :0)

Loll said...

So pretty, Bonnie! I love your sweet flowers with all the spring colours. Great watercolouring to give them shading and depth. And what a beautiful vase. Gorgeous Inka Gold that is such a deep colour. xx

papierelle said...

Love this beautiful flowers in the vase. Great CAS-card!!!
Hugs Gundi

My Paper Epiphany said...

Very sweetBonnie! I love the colours and the classy embossing! Thanks for sharing at the PBSC:)

Brenda in IN said...

I love that beautiful vase and sweet spring flowers. I just got that die last week and haven't had time to play. This is pretty embossing.

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! I love the vase and flowers, the embossing on the white card base just adds that something something to the background. So pretty, so CAS! Hugs, Brenda

Nstiz said...

I love your use of that die set, Bonnie! The coloring is perfect and the vase looks fabulous. I also love that you added that dimension by adding the roundness to the vase by forming it. Beautiful card!

Susan said...

Great idea to use a bit of Inka Gold background for the vase - gives it a real pottery or china look. And your flowers are so pretty - lovely combination of colours in them.

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty card with a beautiful vase of flowers. Beautiful colours and love the added texture of the dry embossing x.

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie, Jo x

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a gorgeous vase with pretty flowers, Bonnie! I LOVE the deep blue/green color of your Inka Gold smooshed piece. The lovely soft watercolor-look of the flowers will bring spring to the receiver. The embossed strip in the background is a really nice subtle touch.
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

So pretty, Bonnie. Fabulous job bringing this die set to life. Beautiful watercolouring and shaping for dimension. xx

Sandy said...

One could not get a prettier vase than that Bonnie - wow!
Sandy xx

Jo said...

Love how you balanced the vertical with the dry embossed horizontal. What an amazing vase and those beautiful flowers are a breath a fresh spring air. This card is special, I love it! xxx