Saturday, July 10, 2021

Free as a Bird for Twofer

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It's time for a new challenge at Twofer.



I chose these fun birds from Jane's Doodles.

They're like potato chips....you can't do just one!

Onefer

I had this card front that I'd die cut when a friend came to visit.

It was perfect for two of the Copic colored birds with a small aperture for a sentiment.

It will either go for a thank you or just a uplifting card for someone.

I used a NBUS stencil to add a bit of interest to the background.

Twofer...

This bright and happy friend was colored with Zigs.

Threefer....


Another colored with Zigs.

I could go on and on with these fun birdies but it's time to move along
to something else.

I do love birds and can't wait to see what you come up with.
Just remember to make two different designs for two different occasions.

Challenges:
Twofer - Birds
NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff

 



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Free as a Bird (Jane's Doodles)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black, Scattered Straw (DI)
Paper:   Neenah, Black 
Other:  Sunrise Radiating Rays Stencil (MFT), Copics (R22, Y13, Y15, BG11, BG13, B24, YG07,G14, B0000), Doodle Window Slimline Die (Catherine Pooler)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Free as a Bird (Jane's Dooles), Happy Messages (Stampendous)
Ink:   Jet Black Archival
Paper:   Neenah, Gorgeous Grape, Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series)
Other:  Oxford EF (Cuttlebug), Zigs CCRBM (26 lt. pink, 25 pink, 80 violet, 303 shadow mauve, 70 orange, 37 cornflower blue), Leaf die (?)

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  Free as a Bird (JD), Thoughtful Wishes (Stampendous)
Ink:   Jet Black Archival
Paper:   Neenah, Mixed Media, Orchid Opulence
Other:  Zig CCRBM (26 lt. pink, 83 lilac, 54 pale orange, 50 yellow, 47 May green), Stitched Hexagons die (MB), Greenery EF (SU), Little Things Rainbow (Lucy's Cards)


26 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Three gorgeous bird cards Bonnie...all so different and I love the bright colours..

Anne

Brenda said...

Your threefer's are so cute and fun Bonnie! I love the sun rays on the first one, the three holes for the birds and sentiment to sit in is perfect. Love the way you colored these cuties too. The next two cards are so bright and cheery for sure! All three cards are sure to bring a smile to anyone's face! I can see why these little guys are like potato chips. lol Hugs, Brenda

nancy littrell said...

Love your Threefer adorable, cute, colorful birdies cards, Bonnie. Your circle apertures were the perfect size for your cute birdies and sentiment. Love the slimline design. What a fun time you had playing with your cute birdies. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

BożenA said...

I completely understand you, Bonnie. These cute birds will not let you go back to the drawer :-) I love all your cards presented in this post, they are so joyful and fabulously colorful.
hugs,
BożenA

Brenda in IN said...

These are the happiest looking birds I've ever seen. The slimline card is a cute way to show them in their bright colors enjoying the sun rays. Those next two are so colorful and cheerful I can hear them chirping.

Darnell said...

I almost got this set, Bon, but I mean, I had to ask myself if five hummer sets was enough, lol. You might make me change my mind, however, as I can see how these sweetie pies are like potato chips! Each one of your Threefers is as colorful, textured, and delightful as the one before! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

TK said...

Cute birds indeed! Love all 3 cards, each different and yet so pretty

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE those birds Bonnie, what gorgeous cards and designs.
Faith x

oldpunca said...

I can understand why you can't stop stamping and coloring those birds, Bonnie. They are so funny and cute. I've enjoyed admiring each of the three cards. Fabulous designs!Have a great weekend! Hugs, Sonja

Papercraft Boutique said...

All three cards are so happy and cute, Bonnie! Love the smiling birds in bright colors! The designs are all different and creative. Wonderful threefers!
Hideko xx

Pat said...

Wow Bonnie, you were so inspired by these beautiful birds and love the different coloured birds and also the pretty sunray stencilling on the first and then the two different embossed backgrounds to go with with the other two brilliantly coloured birds. x

Bobby said...

Your colorful little birds are the cutest, Bonnie. I love them peeking out from the ray stenciled apertures or on their own with a colorful border. I'm so glad I have a bird stamp with me so I can participate. Wish I'd brought the hummingbirds.

Susan said...

Love your pretty little birds!! Great slimline design on the first with the birds in the circular openings. Especially like the second one with the textured base panel and the leafy branches hanging below the image.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fun and fabulous cards Bonnie - love the cheerful colours and cute birds - I can see how they can be addictive
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwww...such sweet little birdies Bonnie...I can see why you love coloring them so much!! LOVE your slimline card with the birds (and sentiment) poking through the apertures and the beautifully stenciled sunlight in the background too! And your two white on white cards with the little birds being the pop of color are both just as sweet as can be my friend. Lovely, lovely cards!! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful collection of bird cards. I do love the bright happy nature of all three cards xx

Vicky Hayes said...

These are the happiest birds Bonnie and would cheer anyone up! I love the way you coloured them in bright colours and especially like the slimline version with the sunshine and the apertures. Vicky x

Happy Dance said...

A threefer Twofer! And each is absolutely wonderful! I love all those brightly colored birdies you've used on these cards. That sunshiny stencil, those sweet branches, and those little blings all add such nice extra interest to your cards, Bonnie. These just make me smile. What awesome birds. What awesome cards. Love 'em all! Take care. Bev

Loll said...

All three of your cards are adorable Bonnie. That is such a fun set! And it lends itself to making some very colourful birds. xx

Mac Mable said...

Those birds are super cute and utterly adorable Bonnie x. Great designs and all three are so uplifting x.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness they are so cute and proud of their beautiful plummage! Loving your designs Bonnie!

Trina P. said...

A trio of tweet and adorable cards. Love the bright cheery colours. I’ve been holding off on buying this set, but maybe it’s time to change that. 😉😂

Karen Dunbrook said...

very sweet cards....such a happy feel they give.
xx Karen

Robyn Oliver said...

Sweetest little birds for you 3 cards.. just reminded me I haven't even looked at birds yet... the arvo project I'd say... Robyn

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh my, Bonnie - fabulous threefer with those darling birdies!! Just love the slimline with the trio of windows and the sunshine stenciling! And your single birdie cards are so cute too - love the embossed backgrounds!!

Leslie Miller said...

Ack, those birds are too cute! Colorful and fun. You know I love them! You card designs are totally fabulous, too!