Saturday, July 10, 2021

Purple, Gold & White for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm excited to be Guest Designing for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown!



To get my deep purple, I die cut the ornament from Gorgeous Grape cardstock,
smooshed it on my VersaMark pad, sprinkled clear powder and heat embossed.

I also used it around the edge of another piece of cardstock and embossed to use
as a piece of matting.

The sentiment is embossed with gold.

How would you use these colors?
I hope you'll join in at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

Other Challenges:

Christmas Craft Creations - Heat Embossing
Krafty Chicks - Christmas
Merry Little Christmas -  Anything Goes

 






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks you to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
You sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sparkle & Shine (GKD)
Ink:   Encore Gold, VersaMark
Paper:   Neenah, Gold Foil, Gorgeous Grape
Other:  Clear EP, Ornaments 2 Dies (Elizabeth Craft Designs), Gracious Leaves EF (MB)


23 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful ornament - love the way you used the colours from that challenge!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful and elegant Christmas ornament using the color challenge, Bonnie. I loved your dry embossed background and heat embossed ornament too. Congratulations for being chosen The guest designer for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, my friend.

Trina P. said...

Congratulations on GD! Beautiful card. Fantastic use of the colours. Love that Gracious Leaves EF.

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - this is stunning Bonnie - the gold on the purple is so regal!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda said...

What a stunning, rich, elegant looking Christmas card Bonnie! I don't know why, but deep purple reminds me of one of the Wise Men that visited Jesus. It say's money to me. lol I love this card and these color combo's! Gold is rich and of course remind me of the Wise Men as well. Perfect colors for Christmas! That ornament is gorgeous and I am so loving the embossed background. Hugs, Brenda

JoAnn said...

Congratulations on being a guest designer. Your card is so pretty with that gorgeous ornament. Love how you embossed the purple paper for shine, and it looks great with the gold.

BożenA said...

WOW! Great card, Bonnie. Wonderful colors, a beautiful combination, very elegant. Thank you for telling me how to make a frame without using the entire panel. I have not thought of such a clever solution. Thank you :-))
xx

Brenda in IN said...

What a stunning ornament, Bonnie. It is so elegant and royal with the deep purple. The embossing gave it a bit of texture too. That is a lovely frame to showcase it.

Fabiola said...

elle est superbe et si élégante cette carte Bonnie, merci d'être notre guest designer cette semaine, biz

TK said...

Elegant card -- love the subtle background e/f and then the beautiful bauble on top!

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot. This is a real beauty, I love everything about it xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congratulations on the GD spot, Bonnie! What an elegant and beautiful ornament card! Love that shiny heat-embossed purple (even on the edges)! The subtle leaf texture in the background is a really nice touch.
Hideko xx

Bobby said...

I have that die and I think it makes an elegant looking ornament. The double borders add to the beauty of your card, Bonnie.

Cathy said...

Stunning ornament Bonnie, that purple is so luscious! Gorgeous with the gold, Cathy x

Vicky Hayes said...

Congratulations on being Guest Designer Bonnie! I love your ornament - so elegant in these regal colours. Vicky x

Loll said...

Congrats on being Guest Designer at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown! You have used the challenge colours to perfection!! LOVE the wonderful texture from your leave embossed background. The ornament is so regal being purple and gold. xx

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on guesting Bonnie and what a classy, rich and stunning card......The bauble looks fabulous x.

Heather said...

Beautiful combination of colours and mix of textures.

Lucinda said...

Gorgeously opulent, balanced by the white space. A really lovely card, thanks for showcasing our 52CCT colour challenge as guest designer this week.

Andreja said...

What a beutiful card you made! I like how you take our colours :-))
I am happy that you are our GDT at 52CCT this time.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, elegant and gorgeous. I'm loving your Christmas cards. Good progress and a good reminder that I need to get on the ball!

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for sharing your festive project with us over at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
Hugs,
Leslie, MLCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Sandy said...

Gorgeous Christmas ornament Bonnie - very ornate - perfectly framed!! Your purple ornament does look like glass!
Sandy xx