Monday, May 22, 2023

A Bevy of Butterflies

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have two butterfly cards made for the Color Hues Challenge.

First up....


...a slimline card with a stamp that has been sitting in my NBUS box for 
way too long!

I stamped all the butterflies with black ink and heat embossed with black powder.  Then I
used 4 shades of orange to color them.

I did some subtle background stamping with gray and orange inks before mounting
on a narrow black frame and onto a gray panel cut just a bit smaller than the base.

Next up...


Time totally got away from me a few weeks ago and by the time I had this card
finished the Color Hues Challenge #63 had been and gone.

Oh well, I have a card for my stash.

The background was done by inking and spritzing  a Penny Black floral stamp
then adding some subtle script stamp over that.

The butterfly was in my UFO box.  He was stamped, embossed and cut from vellum.
The color was added on the back of the vellum with alcohol ink then blended 
around with some alcohol and an ink blower. 

Hopefully I can get the orange butterflies posted in time.

Challenges:
Color Hues - Orange & Slate Grey
NBUS #50 - Never Before Used Schtuff (butterfly stamp)

 

 


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Butterflies (Kaisercraft), Butterfly Basics (ret SU), Scripted Background (W9)), Botanical Silhouettes (PTI)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin, Rusty Hinge (DM)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Smoky Gray (SU)
Other:  Black EP, Mini Slimline Double Stitched Rectangle Die (Kat Scrap)


Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Butterfly Garden (PB), Passionate (PB), Smile Today (PB), Scripted Background (W9)
Ink:   Patina, Glacier (AI), Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Vellum, Hot Pink (?), Back of Mixed Media Pad Cover
Other:  White EP, Butterfly Garden Die, Elegant Stitching Frames Die (PB)

Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

25 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the varying sizes of butterfly on your slimline card and the butterfly is gorgeous on the pink, for your second card. Lovely work.
Faith x

Marcia Hill said...

Two beautiful butterfly cards Bonnie, and great color combo's on both of them! I'm loving the artsy feeling of both of them too...the backgrounds are both amazing! Lovely, lovely cards my friend, and you're right on time for the current Color Hues Challenge! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

I don't have to tell you how much I love your bevy of beautiful butterflies do I? This first specimen card is just amazing - the second one is just as your sentiment says: fun and smile inducing!
=]

jimlynn said...

I love the backgrounds on both of these cards Bonnie. The butterflies on the first card just look so real with your coloring. Great cards.
Lynn

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful butterfly cards. Love your arrangement of the lovely butterflies on the slimline card and the colors of the butterflies. Great backgrounds on both cards.

Loll said...

I love your slimline card using the challenge colours, Bonnie! Those butterflies are gorgeous and I love the soft gray stamping in the background. Your vellum butterfly is so pretty and stands out beautifully against the pink and gray background. Two amazing cards using layering of elements ... great work! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous butterfly cards, Bonnie! Love the backgrounds you created for each!!

Ida said...

Both cards are lovely. - I like the way you did the background on both of the cards. I think my favorite is the last one although I like them both.

Cat Craig said...

Two lovely butterfly cards Bonnie. The backgrounds are perfect for each butterfly and card size.

Leslie Miller said...

I find your slimline card very appealing with the artsy style and lovely background stamping, each butterfly in graduating colors and sizes looking like a page from a field book. Then I see the color wash and cute butterfly on your second card and it made me smile. I'm very drawn to the first card, especially.

Bobby said...

The title should be Bonnie's bevy of beautiful butterflies. lol I love alliteration, can't you tell? I also love your butterflies. The first group were perfect for the color challenge and the second one has such beautiful color with the alcohol inks.

Pat said...

What beautiful butterflies on both cards, and love the interesting backgrounds on both. Such a shame you missed the deadline for the previous Colour Hues Challenge with the pretty second card, but the grey and orange tones on the first are perfect for the present one and is really elegant and a terrific design Bonnie. x

Susan said...

I've done exactly what you did with your second card - had a challenge in mind and then finish the card too late to enter it! But they are both lovely cards for your stash - great backgrounds on both and beautiful butterflies!

Lisa Elton said...

Your two wonderful cards made me smile today! Love them both, but there's just something special about the second one!

Christine Alexander said...

two amazing cards, the soft subtle background stamping is a fantastic frame for your butterflies ♥

TK said...

Two beautiful butterfly cards! Soft and pretty backgrounds and bold butterflies, it all works to showcase these beauties

nancy littrell said...

Love your mixed media layered soft background for your beautiful alcohol ink colored die cut butterfly, Bonnie. Simply beautiful and creative card, my friend. Love and hugs..Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW WOW and WOW again Bonnie - these are a pair of gorgeous cards - I particularly like the butterfly on the second one!!
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

When I stop by your blog it is evident how loved you are and that is not surprising at all to me. This industry has brought me so much joy! As for your cards, you have made two gorgeous butterfly cards! Love the backgrounds you created for each one and I am sorry you missed the deadline at Color Hues, but as you say never hurts to have another card in your stash. As for your card for this challenge at CH, I love that the butterflies are all different and that they go from large to small. You have an eye for design as that background is super too. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues and bringing so much joy to me and others!

HilaryJane said...

It is often the same for me when making cards for specific challenges. I am far too slow. these are both so different but equally lovely in their own way. I like the formality and seriousness of the first one and the light hearted feel of the second one xx

Linda said...

Bonnie, two beautiful butterfly cards. Love your stamped background to showcase your pretty butterflies.

Trina P. said...

Both so lovely. The slimline is perfect for TCH challenge.

Julie B said...

Two fab butterfly themed cards Bonnie. We've all been there with being too late but happy that you didn't miss the cut off at Color Hues! :)

Brenda said...

Well Bonnie, I'm sad to say I'm behind once again. But here goes, going to try and catch up. These butterfly cards are fantabulous! I love the butterflies on the slimline card. For your second butterfly card I am loving the color combo. So artsy and beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

BożenA said...

Everyone loves butterflies. The first card was covered with very realistic butterflies. My favorite is the second card, with its amazing colors.
xx