Saturday, May 6, 2023

Patterned Butterfly for Penny Black Saturday

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I am excited to be Guest Designing for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.





This challenge is always using Penny Black items and each month they have an
optional additional challenge.

This month the option is to Use Patterned Paper.

Inspired by this card, I stamped my favorite butterfly on a piece of patterned paper 
with white pigment ink and heat embossed with white powder.  
No die for this stamp so I fussy cut it out.

For the background I used a NBUS Music Background stamp and At Grace, also
from Penny Black.  The flowers were inked with markers and lightly spritzed before
stamping for a bit of subtle color.

I went a little crazy with the splatters.  Fortunately it was before I adhered the butterfly!

There are so many things you can do with patterned paper and with
Penny Black stamps and dies!  I hope you'll join in the challenge.

Challenges:
Penny Black Saturday - Penny Black stamp and patterned paper
NBUS #50 - Never Before Used Schtuff - Music Background stamp



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Butterfly Trio, Music Background, At Grace, Special Sentiments (all PB)
Ink:   Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede (SU), Spun Sugar, Shabby Shutters (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Blushing Bride, Expressions in Ink DSP (ret SU)
Other:  White EP, Re-inkers for splatter


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a beautiful card Bonnie - loving the stamp also, and your colours are so soft and delightful. Those subtle flowers are perfect there in the background
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

Wow, love your gorgeous card with that big butterfly and the great background. Congrats on the GD spot at Penny Black.

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I adore this gorgeous butterfly! You've so beautifully represented Penny Black and the original card artist!
Congratulations! I'm off to check out your challenge!
=]

jimlynn said...

Congrts on the guest designer spot! I love this beauty!! SO pretty and elegant looking Bonnie. Also love the font on that sentiment. Outstanding and gorgeous card.
Lynn

Brenda in IN said...

This is lovely, Bonnie. A wonderful way to use your pattern paper and those soft colors compliment the butterfly.

Marcia Hill said...

This is AWESOME Bonnie! I love your dsp and the stamping you did over it...and the splatters too! Of course the butterfly takes center stage and is absolutely GORGEOUS! Beautiful card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

LOVE you white embossed butterfly, Bonnie. Looks amazing over your stamped, patterned paper background. Congrats on being GD at PBSC! xx

Leslie Miller said...

I love patterned paper and Penny Black! I suspected you made the background paper yourself, although it's as pretty as anything in my paper stash. Not too many splatters at all. They're subtle and really look like they belong there. Gorgeous and graceful butterfly. Congrats on your guest spot!

Pat said...

Such a beautiful large butterfly Bonnie and the pretty softly stamped flowers and script background goes really well. x

BożenA said...

WOW! You have created such a beautiful patterned paper. I love the background and this wonderful butterfly. I must admit that you cut the butterfly perfectly. Looks like you used a die cutter.
Hugs,
BożenA

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY beautiful x

Nstiz said...

This one has a WOW factor! I have no idea if your background is stamped or designer paper but it looks fabulous! Outstanding work and congratulations on being guest designer for Penny Black!

Cat Craig said...

Fantastic collage look and feel. Gorgeous.

Bobby said...

The background is so soft and pretty and the perfect place for your beautiful butterfly, Bonnie. A lot of alliteration in that sentence. lol

Brenda said...

Wow, I would have never guess this was pattern paper! This card is gorgeous Bonnie, equally as gorgeous as the inspirational one. Your butterfly is so pretty and fussy cut out so nicely! Hugs, Brenda

Carole said...

Lovely use of your patterned paper Bonnie...something we all forget to do is stamp on it! A very pretty butterfly and card. x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous buttefly, Bonnie, and I love the background you created!! Had to laugh - I'm working on a post with a butterfly on patterned paper too. Love making those!!

Helen said...

Beautiful card Bonnie - love the way you used the patterned paper!
Thanks so much for guest designing for us this month!
Helen x

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on your GD spot. Your card is very special. I love the soft colours and those amazing splatters xx

Trina P. said...

Congratulations on GD. 👏 Wonderful card… so soft and pretty.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congrats on being a Guest Designer, Bonnie! Your butterfly is stunning, and the background complements it perfectly! I love the soft and dreamy feeling your card evokes.
Hideko xx

Lisa Elton said...

Love the music in the background and that lovely sentiment! Pretty card, Bonnie congrats on guesting!

TK said...

Beautiful pp and used brilliantly! I love the butterfly stamped/embossed in white on the paper, which I truly thought you did smooshing! This is a really pretty card, and I don't think there's too many splatters at all

Darnell said...

I love the soft dreamy coloring you achieved, Bon. The musical background and stunning butterfly work so well together! Looking forward to seeing this in the NBUS gallery! Hugs, Dolly

Susan said...

Fabulous card!! One of my favourite ever butterfly stamps! Great idea to stamp it on patterned paper. Love the background you created.

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations on being the Guest Designer for PB Saturday Challenge, Bonnie. I love your choice of PP for your die cut butterfly. Your background turned out beautiful for your butterfly too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy