Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Blooms

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have a couple more cards using the gel plate with alcohol ink technique.

First up...


I dropped some Amethyst, Flamingo and Wild Plum alcohol ink on a mini round
Gel Plate, added some 91% alcohol and used my Ink Blower to move the colors
around, being careful not to mix them up too much.

When I was happy with the look, I placed a piece of cardstock on top and pressed.

I stamped this Lavinia flower on top, then die cut a circle from the piece, then
dry embossed what was left.

The circle was added back foam and framed with a thin circle frame.

There was some ink left on the plate so I added a bit more alcohol and pulled
again to get a softer look.


This time I die cut a circle from another piece of cardstock and subtly embossed
that piece to add over the gel print.

I added some die cut NBUS flowers all around then added a tiny butterfly
for contrast.

Have you tried this technique yet?
If you have we'd love for you to add it to the

Challenges:
Triple B Challenge - Birds, Butterflies & Blooms (I have blooms & butterfly)
NBUS #50 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Blossom Vine die)
Simon Says Wednesday - No Patterned Paper


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Floral Spray (Lavinia), Just Breathe (W+9)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Alcohol Ink (Wild Plum, Flamingo, Amethyst)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  91% Alcohol, Infinity Circles (HA), Subtle EF (ret SU), Icy Sparkle Crystals (Studio Katia)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Encouragement Phrases (Rubbernecker)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Blossom Vine Die (SSS), Stitched Circle Die (OOB LI), Subtle EF (ret SU), Levenworth Butterfly Trio (MB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

25 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I found my AIs when I purged my closet, Bonnie - I kept them but never have I ever come close to making anything as pretty as these two lovelies! The circle designs really bring those colors into focus perfectly!
Love your new flowers!
=]

JoAnn said...

Both cards are gorgeous. I love the colors, especially the softer one with the die cut flowers and the black butterfly. TFS
Have a wonderful day.

Marcia Hill said...

No I haven't tried it yet because I haven't gone digging through my closet to find my gelli plate! I know, I know...weak excuse! One of these days..... In the meantime though, I sure am enjoying your results...both cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie!! Hugs. :0)

P.S. Thank you so much for the washi die cuts that arrived safely yesterday, and the beautiful card too! Hope to play with them very soon! :0)

BożenA said...

Two great cards, Bonnie. Alcoholic backgrounds are intricate and your choice of colors is perfect. I love how you added flowers in the second card, it looks phenomenal!
hugs,
BożenA

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous cards, love the effect of those inks. Such pretty colours too.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

Both are so beautiful! I love looking at all the different techniques you do. VERY pretty cards.
lynn

Viv said...

Two lovely cards Bonnie. x

HilaryJane said...

What amazing vibrant colours. Love the first one and how the flower stem goes outside the frame. Two great cards xx

Darnell said...

The jewel tones you used are just gorgeous, Bon! I love that Lavina flower and the font of Friend on your first design. And how cool that you got a second lighter print for yet another stunning card! Honestly, if we lived closer, I could see us happily making prints all day long. It's so addictive and satisfying! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty pretty! No gelli plate at my house but I sure do love what you're doing with this technique! The colors are so lovely and the black really pops. Those die cut flowers on the second make such a nice background.

Nstiz said...

This is such a gorgeous marbling effect and a technique I MUST try! Beautiful color choices! Now this goes into my "must try folder". What a great effect!

Bobby said...

I hope I get a chance to do this before we head to the lake since I don't usually take my alcohol inks with me. I've been busy trying to get all my design team cards done through October. WHew! Almost done. I love how deep the colors are on the first card which of course let you get a second lighter pull. So beautiful, Bonnie.

Lisa Elton said...

I love that you highlighted those fancy panels with the circles! These are both pretty, Bonnie!

TK said...

Both circles are so very different, yet both so pretty! Love the colors and how you accented each one to take center stage. The vines on the second card are just gorgeous in white on white

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Bonnie - these are both beautiful. Loving the embossed white panel on the second card, it complements the AI feature beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous...I love the stem outside the circle on your first card.

Carole said...

Another Wow couple of cards. I haven't broken open my gel press yet let alone tried this technique. Does the alcohol not affect the geli plate? I love your cards(always do) and in the second one I thought you had stuck die cuts around the aperture, that embossing is so deep! xx

Diane said...

Wow, these are gorgeous, beautifully created!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Heather said...

what gorgeous colours, Bonnie, and classic black or white elements which contrast beautifully.

Susan said...

Love both cards but especially the second one - fabulous addition of the white die cut flowers on the white panel. Beautiful AI prints!

Brenda said...

Love both of these cards Bonnie, they are just too pretty! I am also loving the inky backgrounds, and I hope to be able to try them out sometime this summer as it looks like so much fun to do. Hugs, Brenda

Loll said...

These are both so lovely. The colours are so pretty together! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Bonnie! Your AI on gel plate prints are fantastic! Love the way the AI inks blended and the second pull is just as beautiful as the first one. The pretty white-on-white die-cuts and the black butterfly accent are just perfect for the lighter print.
Hideko xx

nancy littrell said...

Two gorgeous cards, Bonnie using the AI on a circle gelli plate..wow!! You have the technique perfected my friend. I finally had a chance to start playing with the technique tonight. I still need practice and in the end I hope to have several backgrounds to finish into cards. May take a few more days...The sun is out and I am still working on my Spring Cleaning...inside and out:-) Wonderful having my brisk walks in the sun and not having to be all bundled up:-) TFS and always inspiring me, my dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Sandy said...

First things first - your alcohol ink background is gorgeous!! That could stand alone the colors are so fantastic together. The second card is pretty and here again the alcohol ink technique is so pretty - love it - keep thinking how good that would look using balloon dies - yes I love balloons!
Sandy xx