Saturday, May 20, 2023

Birthday Chicks

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm Guest Designing again for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
It's always Anything Goes using Penny Black items with an optional theme.

This month's theme is to Use Patterned Papers.


This is a card we made in our last class and we all agreed that this image is lots of fun.

Actually Jack colored these chicks and let me put them on a card.
I've used almost all of this pad of patterned paper now.

 

Thanks to Helen and the team for the opportunity to Guest Design with them.
It's always a pleasure to join these talented ladies.
Do check out their awesome inspiration at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Cluck, Cluck, Cluck (PB), Many Everyday Sayings (HA)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gingham/Linen Rainbow Paper (Doodlebug)
Other:  Copics (or Ultrafine Sharpies for class), Mini Slimline Double Stitched Die (Kat Scrap), Party Confetti Fancy Die (HA)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

clelie said...

Absolutely adorable and such fun! How did you make the confetti? Did you emboss them? They seem to have a 'finish' on them? Or is it metallic paper?

I Card Everyone said...

You and Jack make such a great team, Bonnie! Bravo! Very cute party chicks!
=]

Sandy said...

Your card has me singing! "Happy days are here again ---"
So cute and so much fun!!
Sandy xx

Bonnie said...

Hi clelie, the confetti is cut from mirror foil cardstock scraps.

JoAnn said...

What a fun and adorable card with those dancing chicks. Love it.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a darling, fun card and the best way to celebrate a birthday. I'm crazy about the streamers on the card in those cheerful, shiny colors. It's good to be back on the blog, where I belong!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun birthday parade of chicks - love the added streamers! congrats on being guest DT! Julia xx

Marcia Hill said...

Well these chicks certainly made me smile this morning, and you can tell Jack he did an AMAZING job with all the coloring! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful, fun card.
Faith x

Brenda said...

You are a great GD Bonnie, love your adorable card! Those hens are too cute and they are ready to celebrate! How fun is that?! Very fun and festive card, cool pattern paper that works perfectly with this "hen party". That is what Dwayne would tell people, "She is having a hen party." LOL I love this and the memory it invoked! Hugs, Brenda

Leslie Miller said...

It's very fun! I looked up this stamp once and put it on a wishlist. I think it's an oldie as it was a wood block, but I'm all about loving whatever grabs me, no matter what. Jack did a great job with the coloring. I was already smiling at the chicks, but reading that made me smile bigger. The party streamers and purple gingham add bunches of festivity!

HilaryJane said...

Such a fun image, it is backed perfectly by that purple paper. Congrats on your guest designer spot xx

jimlynn said...

So cute and fun!! Love that design you used too. The chicks are adorable.
Lynn

Cat Craig said...

Loving those chickens...so fun and festive.

Christine Alexander said...

they're the happiest chickens I've ever seen- Love the card :)

Loll said...

You just gotta smile when you see these dancing chicks! :) Great card Bonnie. Love it with the patterned paper background. Jack did a fabulous job colouring the chicks --- he's so talented! xx

Bobby said...

What a fun image, Bonnie. I love how you birthdayed it up with the party streamers.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Your quartet of birthday chicks is so darling, Bonnie!! Congrats on the guest DT slot!!

TK said...

Great fun! Glad to see Jack got in on the fun, and great coloring skills too. This is really a fun card, Bonnie

Helen said...

Such a fun card - I love the PB chickens!
Thanks so much for guest designing for us this month!
Helen x

Trina P. said...

What a fun image! It made me smile. Jack did a fantastic job of colouring it.

Lisa Elton said...

Jack's colored chickens found the perfect place to party! Cute card, Bonnie!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Love these Chicks!I keep meaning to buy them! Thanks for being our GD again - we always love having you:)

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a fun and fabulous cared Bonnie - and great team work with Jack!
Blessings
Maxine

Pat said...

Who would not love these fun chickens Bonnie, and love the way you have coloured their wattles in bright red and then the various parcels and flowers too in several really pretty colours, and the added brightly coloured confetti too, and the purple gingham paper works brilliantly as a background. x

Nstiz said...

This one is just plain fun and sure to bring smiles. Love that Jack colored it too. How great to showcase his artwork. Love this!

BożenA said...

Hahaha!!! This card made me smile :-)) I love these funny hens rushing to the party
xx