Saturday, May 27, 2023

Painted Poppy

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I do love poppies and have quite a collection of poppy stamps and dies.
So when our craft group was trying to think of a subject for our swap this month,
I suggested poppies.  With Memorial Day coming up, it seemed fitting.


Then I had a problem of choosing which poppy stamp or die to use.

Altenew's Painted Poppy won, hands down!

I stamped and colored it in the traditional Memoria Day red poppy.


Then for my blue loving friends.


Finally in pink.  (The border is pink, but the camera seems to see red.)

I used Bristol paper for all of these.  It warped pretty bad.  I managed to get it flattened.
Note to self to used Mixed Media or Watercolor paper next time.

Challenges:
Double D - Flowers


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Painted Poppy (Alt), Out on a Limb (PTI), Splatters (?)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Tea Dye, Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss (DI), Tumbled Glass, Wilted Violet Re-inker (for wash)
Paper:   Bristol (Strathmore), Black, Poppy Parade
Other:  Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Painted Poppy (Alt), Out on a Limb (PTI)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Archival Shadow Grey, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss (DI), Brushed Corduroy DI (for wash)
Paper:   Bristol, Black Pacific Point
Other:  Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  Painted Poppy (Alt), Out on a Limb (PTI)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Tea Dye, Picked Raspberry, Aged Mahogany (DI), Tumbled Glass, Wilted Violet Re-inker (for wash)
Paper:   Bristol, Black, Melon Mambo
Other:  Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm immediately reminded of our playtime together using our Poppies, Bonnie! Can you believe it's two years ago?
You have a gorgeous collection of Poppies, and I love the water-y stamping of these beauties in every color!
=]

Sandy said...

All three cards are so pretty - I like the first one the best.
Sandy xx

Marcia Hill said...

All 3 are beauties Bonnie and I too LOVE Poppies!! I love also that you did them in 3 colors...love them all but the traditional red is my favorite. And that sentiment you used is absolutely PERFECT and I think I might need to look into that set. Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Beautiful watercolouring of your poppies, Bonnie. Love the different colours, each one so perfect with the soft watercoloured backgrounds. xx

nancy littrell said...

Three beautiful Poppy cards for the Memorial Day weekend, Bonnie. I love your watercoloring, framing and color choices for all 3 cards. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Pat said...

What a pretty poppy image Bonnie, and it looks wonderful in all three colours, and some great watercolouring of each. x

Leslie Miller said...

How wonderful! I love them all. Beautifully watercolored. Sorry about the warping but you corrected it nicely. Perfect for Memorial Day and our flower challenge at Double D. Thanks for joining us, Bonnie!

Lisa Elton said...

Love all of your colorful poppies, Bonnie! These are pretty. Enjoy your holiday weekend ;)

Bobby said...

Poppies are my second favorite flower, Bonnie, and yours are so beautiful in the different colors. I love how you did the backgrounds and that sentiment is glorious.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a lovely trio of poppy cards, Bonnie!! Perfect for Memorial Day!

Christine Alexander said...

Love your collection of poppy card, each colour is so beautiful ♥

Diane said...

Beautiful water coloring of your poppies, beautiful cards!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Stencil Fun}

Cat Craig said...

I love them in all colors. Fabulous.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a trio of beautiful cards Bonnie - love the sentiment, and how you have left the cards so simple and elegant, letting the poppy image take centre stage.
Blessings
Maxine

Nstiz said...

I love seeing your watercolor, Bonnie. All three of these are so beautifully done. I’ve yet to master that skill. I also love the soft wash in the background!

Trina P. said...

Pretty set of poppies. No surprise love the blue one,
Happy Memorial Day to you.

Brenda said...

Wow, I can see why the Altenew poppy won out, it is gorgeous! I love all the colors you have made but it is the quoted sentiment that is just perfect and so true. I'm in love with each one of these! Hugs, Brenda

jimlynn said...

No matter what color you go with this, they look so beautiful! I love that image and sentiment too. SO pretty and I love them all.
Lynn

Susan said...

Love all those colour variations of poppies! Beautiful soft backgrounds and border strips.

BożenA said...

This is one of my favorite poppy seed stamps. I love each of the color versions of your poppies. Beautiful card collection, Bonnie.
xx