Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Elegant Butterflies

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by! 

I am enjoying these Embossing Folder/Die combinations and
had a new one to try out.


Seeing the Color Hues Challenge this time is Teal and Orange, I thought it would  be
a good time to break this out.

I looked in my backgrounds and found a Brusho mop up in orange that
worked great for one butterfly.

The teal butterfly is ink-blended with a blending brush and Simon Says 
Pawsitively Saturated ink.  I blended the die cut butterfly, then embossed it
after the ink was dry.

I had one more lattice base that was a bit narrower than normal that they could
hang off from it a little bit.

My camera makes the teal look green, but it is teal IRL.

Just for fun, I did another teal butterfly.


This time I did some ink smooshing with the die cut, let it dry, then embossed it.

I colored an embossed background with detail brushes to pop this one on.
I tried to stick with teal and orange, but just had to add some sage for the leaves.
(This is the technique that the Group of Seven Cardmakers is doing this month.)

I still have some orange and teal butterflies flitting around on my table.  I'll have to
see where they'll land....Until then...

Challenges: card 1
Color Hues #69 - Teal & Orange
NBUS #53 - Never Before Used Schtuff

Challenges:, card 2

  

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   Tropic, Aegean Pawsitively Saturated (SSS)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Black
Other:  Graceful Butterfly Set EF & Die (SSS), Leafy 3D EF (Spl), Sentimental Die Set (Avery Elle), Brushos (Yellow, Pink, Orange)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  
Ink:   Spiced Marmalade, Bundled Sage (DOX)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil
Other: Graceful Butterfly Set EF & Die (SSS), Sweet Sentiments Die (Alt), Texture Fades Botanical EF (TH), Detail Blending Brushes (Kat Scrappiness, SSS)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

25 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Every time I see your colorful butterflies, I wish you could come sit with me on my front porch, Bonnie!
Just so beautiful on your 'fence' but the garden is the best place to find butterflies!
Two beautiful cards!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

These colors are beautiful. It makes me want to buy more inks! I love the lattice and together with those gorgeous butterflies you created wonderful cards.

Sandy said...

Butterflies - what Butterflies!?! I have been focusing on the design (or should I say cut out) on your first card. Second came the embossed paper - love it with the design. Oh - hello! Now I see the butterflies but my eye jumps right away to the cut out design. The blue butterfly is definitely the focal point of card #2. Visiting you blog is always so much fun. Your design work is so varied and interesting. Now I am looking at your first card again -- first my eye sees the orange butterfly then jumps to the green one (ooops) the teal one.
Sure did enjoy my visit today Bonnie!
Sandy xx

jimlynn said...

The colors are so beautiful! Love the lattice die on that first card. Gorgeous cards Bonnie.
Lynn

Bobby said...

I do have to make a lattice card. Your lattice was a great place to perch the lovely butterflies, Bonnie, although the other teal one looks right at home on the inky embossed background.

Susan said...

Love your two butterfly cards! The lattice one is so unique - a great change from a regular card. And the second card has such a lovely embossed background.

Pat said...

Such pretty and bright butterflies on the leafy 3D embossed background and love the lattice, and then another beautiful look with the prettily inked embossed background on the second..two wonderful cards Bonnie. x

JoAnn said...

Love your teal and orange butterflies - they are so pretty and look great floating on your trellis card and also on your colored, embossed card. Beautiful cards.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards, Bonnie. You've brought the flutterbys to wonderful landings.

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS cards Bonnie! I have been wanting to try a trellis card, and I think you just pushed me over the edge! The embossing on the trellis is so pretty and your orange and teal butterflies are the perfect addition to the trellis! And your 2nd card is just as pretty as the first and we won't even talk about the light green (neutral) leaves!! Thanks so much for sharing both of these beauties with us here at Color Hues...we always love seeing you in the gallery!! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

Fabulous card! I love the embossed lattice--the first I've seen, and those beautiful butterflies finish it off perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

nancy littrell said...

Two beautiful cards using butterflies die cut from your pretty backgrounds from your stash, Bonnie. The Group of Seven Techniques this month have been awesome. I will be linking another card in several days...can't stop using the techniques with 3D EB backgrounds:-) TFS my friend and always inspiring me...Love and Hugs...Nancy

LeAnne said...

Your butterflies are beautiful! I have been wanting to try one of these lattice cards too....I must do it!

Trina P. said...

Both butterfly cards are beautiful. Love the lattice design on the first. Love the soft colouring/blending on the EF background in the second.

Carole said...

Two wonderful cards as always Bonnie. Love them both.x

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW and wow again Bonnie.. these are both stunning. Love the way you have used the butterflies on you beautiful backgrounds
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda said...

Oh my, this are such fun colors and gorgeous cards Bonnie! I love the lattice card, haven't been bold enough to try making one yet, but think they are so fun! Your second card with the embossed background highlighted with color is just perfect for your beautiful teal butterfly to land on! Hugs, Brenda

Leslie Miller said...

These are amazing 3D butterflies, and the lattice design is still on my to-do list. I know how easy it is. I even received a card that's a beautiful example. So what am I waiting for? Just me being me. I really love the pretty embossing on your second card, too.

TK said...

Two beauties -- what's not to love about these pretty butterflies and embossed backgrounds!!!

TK said...

Two beauties -- what's not to love about these pretty butterflies and embossed backgrounds!!!

Loll said...

Two beautiful butterfly cards, Bonnie. I love the design with the lattice --- very cool!! xx

BożenA said...

I love how cleverly you combined both butterflies of the first card with sentiment. Very clever. I also love the second card, the slightly faded colors on the embossing are a beautiful background for the blue butterfly.
xx

Cindy Beach said...

Your beautiful butterfly cards are works of art, Bonnie! I love the inked and smooshed colors and the lovely texture. Your lattice technique puts this over the top! Thanks for again playing along at Color Hues!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Two beautiful butterfly cards, Bonnie! Both the lattice design is unique and awesome!
Hideko xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the butterflies and fabulous design! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!