Saturday, August 26, 2023

Scattered Shells

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I rarely play in sketch challenges.  I don't know why.  But this is a special challenge at
Freshly Made Sketches.  It's their 600th sketch.

Wow! That's a lot of sketches and this happens to be one of my favorites!


I needed a card for the widower of a dear friend and thought of this 3D emboaaing
Folder.  It's 8 1/2 inches long so it's perfect for a slimline card.  In this case it's a Monarch
size.  It's bigger than a mini slimline yet smaller than the larger slimline.

I've embossed a piece of Pool Party cardstock and rubbed over the raised areas with
Whisper White pigment ink.  (Sometimes I hit the lower areas too!)

I added a sand dollar and a fussy cut embossed starfish and little shell.

I don't know what happened to the top of the E.  I checked before mailing the card and
the E is complete.

Congratulations to the team at Freshly Made Sketches for providing all those fabulous
sketches.  I'll try to get over there more often.

Lots of inspiration over there from the fantastic team and a load of Guest Designers!

Challenges:



Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Whisper White (SU)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Pool Party, Crumb Cake
Other:  Scattered Shells 3D EF (Spl), Sand Dollar Die (GM), Every Day Sentiments Hot Foil Plate (Spl), Gold Foil (Spl)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card.

I Card Everyone said...

Sketches have always been a favorite of mine, Bonnie - looks like you mastered this one!
Such a pretty card that I'm sure will be appreciated by the recipient, and the FMS team, too!
=]

jimlynn said...

Very pretty embossing folder and Pool Party is still one of my favorite colors. Beautiful card and a great sketch too!
Lynn

Jan said...

nicely done...such a great combo of colors too!

Susan said...

Lovely cluster of shells, etc. and perfect colours for a beach themed card!

Brenda said...

Wow, 600 sketches?! That is amazing! I am loving this sketch and I really love your take on it Bonnie! This embossing folder is just so beautiful and you have made gorgeous cards from it. I especially love this one. The white ink really makes all the difference. Love the starfish, sand dollar and shell as your circle. I didn't know there was another size of slimline between the mini and regular! That's what happens when you live under a rock. LOL Hugs, Brenda

Loll said...

So pretty and peaceful with the beach theme, Bonnie. LOVE the white sponging on the blue! xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. I love the size versatility of SB 3D EFs!

Pat said...

The embossed shell background looks wonderful Bonnie and I love the cut out and added shells in kraft card with that hint of white too.. a pretty summery card Bonnie. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a delightful card Bonnie - I also find I hit the 'low' spots as well as the high spots when trying to colour embossing... love this card - calm and elegant and obviously a lot of thought has gone into it
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

That soft white over blue is gorgeous. I like the shells you added and a great sketch. Sand dollars are so awesome.

Leslie Miller said...

I love what you've done with the sketch on your Monarch-size card! I haven't heard that term before, but guessing it's approximately what I call a "midi-slimline". The embossing is gorgeous and the shells look almost real. Must be a trick of the light on the sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like your embossed shells! What a lovely use of the sketch, Bonnie!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful ocean color and I love the embossed shells! Thank you for joining us for Sketch #600 at Freshly Made Sketches!

Bobby said...

Great masculine card, Bonnie. The white ink really brings out the embossed seashells and the others tie right in. I'm sad I wasn't around to be able to join this momentous challenge which is also one of my favorites.

Karren said...

Beautiful card with lovely texture and details! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow that background is gorgeous! Love your card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

TK said...

Perfect use of that sketch, Bonnie, and I love the white inking -- it really shows off the pretty e/f. Course, the whole card is actually very pretty!!!

Jen Timko said...

This background makes for quite a wow card! So pretty. Thank you so much for joining our 600th sketch celebration at FMS!

Sandy said...

That embossed background makes this card special - love it! Also like the contrast of colors - can't believe oh real that sand dollar looks. A most attractive card Bonnie.
Sandy xx