Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Fall Wren

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm sliding in to some challenges before they close, so I'll be posting a lot
for a few days.


I've used my NBUS Memory Box Wren die that I've been wanting to get to.

I die cut him from mixed media paper and colored with Distress Markers and my
waterbrush.  I also die cut the Winterberry Sprig from mixed media paper and the 
Magnolia Leaf die from cold press watercolor paper.

I decided to place him on some stitched hexagon die cuts from my stash.

To add a bit of interest in the background, I used another leaf die to
emboss the background.  I also pressed the wet berries down on the background to 
add more interest.

Then, because I couldn't seem to stop, I pulled out this vintage Memory Box stencil
and brushed a little Antique Linen DOX on the card base.

Challengs:
NBUS #53 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Wren Die)


 


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Crushed Olive, Tea Dye, Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs (DM), Antique Linen DOX
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Watercolor (Arches CP), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Backyard Wren, Magnolia Leaf (MB), Lorelai Leaf (ret PS), Stitched Hexagons, Winterberry Sprig (ret. MB), Textured Scraped Paint Stencil (ret MB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I just adore your Carolina Wren with her sweet flippin' tail, Bonnie! Wish I could spot her in MY Winterberry bushes!
All of your attention to details shine today, my friend!
=]

Sandy said...

Once again you have made a very attractive background while not distracting from your focal point. You can do so much with that Wren die - one sweet and beautiful die. I do love the Autumn colors - You re getting ready for Autumn and I am getting ready for a hurricane!
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

What a sweet little bird perched there among the leaves and berries. Love it, Bonnie.

Brenda in IN said...

So sweet and you made him so beautiful. I like the background you added.

JoAnn said...

Such a cute little wren perched in the branches. Love how you placed him on the stitched hexagon and added so much detail to the background. Love it.

Pat said...

This die cut wren is a beauty and love the way you have coloured it Bonnie, and the added leaves and berries and in that hexagonal shape, and love the dry enbossed leave and impressed wet berries, and then the added stencilling on the background card with those lines looks really great. x

Mitzi said...

Adorable fall card! My wrens sing to me all summer, but now they've gone for the winter. You made her look so realistic sitting among the branches. I can just hear her scolding me as I get too close to her nest.

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie! Your little Wren is just as sweet as can be, and I am totally loving the monochromatic color theme you've used...sooooo pretty!! Hugs. :0)

Nstiz said...

This is so well painted I thought it wsas cut out of wood. He’s adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


jimlynn said...

I really like the way you did the embossed background. The wren takes the prize though - so pretty and love how you colored him.
Lynn

Lisa Elton said...

You've captured fall so beautifully on this card, Bonnie, it's fabulous!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful colours on your wren ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

An amazing, and beautiful monochrome creation Bonnie - so many details, but it looks uncluttered.
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

I adore this card, Bonnie! The tone-on-tone is so calm and peaceful, perfect for a card with a bird. Fabulous design, my friend. xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a pretty little bird Bonnie and you made a lovely autumnal scene with her! Vicky x

TK said...

This is DARLING, Bonnnie! Love the way you colored him and the many details you've added. I love the stencil, I was about to be enabled and then I saw it's retired - bummer... The stencil provides the peeled paint but also a bit of woodgrain look -- everything is awesome!

Susan said...

I love this bird card even more than the more recent one I just commented on. Fabulous limited colour palette and a terrific layout.

Brenda said...

Wow, I am loving this sweet little wren that is sitting on your beautiful card Bonnie! I love the neutral colors, he is blending in to his surroundings so well. A nice and gorgeous fall card. Love this one! Hugs, Brenda

nancy littrell said...

LOVE your monochromatic watercolored die cut wren, hexagon framing and clever added cover to your 3D EB background...Wonderful creative CAS card design, Bonnie. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

nancy littrell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie Miller said...

I love this wren! I have it, but have been dragging my feet about getting it on a card. It seems out of proportion with everything I have. Silly me because look how amazing it is with your pretty leaves and all the earthy wonderfulness of your card!

Trina P. said...

So beautiful. Love the Backyard Wren in rich autumn colours. Wonderful watercolouring, too.

Cat Craig said...

For me the stenciled cardbase makes this card. Fabulous.