Thursday, August 31, 2023

Winter Barn Merry Christmas

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Hopefully I'm not going to miss the deadline for the Peace on Earth Challenge.

Time sure flies!


I stamped this retired stamp with Archival ink and used Distress Markers and my 
waterbrush to color.  I started light and kept building up color until I had the depth 
of color I wanted.

For the moon, I punched a 3/4" circle and colored around it. I added a light wash of
Scattered Straw to add some glow.

I used a very sharp watercolor pencil in black to add some definition to the tree and 
windmill.  Some Chunky White Frantage added a little snow flurry.  

Finally, I fashioned a tiny wreath with a snowflake stamp and tiny paper punch and
a stamped sentiment finished it off.

Challenges:
Peace on Earth #46 - Inspired by mood board






Card Recipe
Stamps:  Winter Barn (ret Serendipity), Merry Christmas (ret IO)
Ink:   Archival Watering Can, Fired Brick, Hickory Smoke, Iced Spruce, Chipped Sapphire, Scattered Straw (DM), Versafine Onyx Black 
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Night of Navy (SU), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencil (Ivory Black), Chunky White Frantage (Stampendous), White Gel Pen


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm calling it: WWCD!!! Bingo! DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!!
OH, MY GOODNESS, Bonnie, the image is perfect but the way you've added the 'twilight' sky, and glittering snow and perfect barn-red - all the extra! have really made the image all that it can be, and more!
Can I call dibs on this one? lol
=]

Brenda in IN said...

Such a peaceful, perfect farm scene. The frantage looks so authentic and I love you added that teeny wreath to the barn.

Sandy said...

I wish I could explain my reaction when I first see some of your cards -- it's like my lungs and brain go OH - at the same time I think OH MY! This is a sure winner Bonnie. It doesn't get any better than this!!!! The color red with the blue sky is absolutely beautiful -- have I gushed enough?
Sandy xx

jimlynn said...

This is so peaceful looking and pretty. I love that stamp! It reminds me of a barn on property I used to have. Brings back memories. The tiny little wreath adds that something extra and just makes it so special. Fabulous card Bonnie.
Lynn

Bobby said...

In addition to birds, barns are an obession of mine. I'm so sad that this stamp is retired because it would definitely come home with me. I love everything you did in the coloring and the adding of the little wreath. I'm with Michele, Bonnie. I see a winner.

Pat said...

I love this wonderful winter moonlit scene with the with the lovely barn as the focal image Bonnie, and the white frontage makes great snow flurries. x

Susan said...

A perfect image to go with our mood board! Wonderful job of colouring it. I love the tiny wreath you created! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful stamp and I love how you've colored all of it, especially the sky. It's moody, but not threatening. Perfect for the challenge!

Loll said...

Your watercolouring of this snowy barn scene is outstanding, my sweet friend. This could be framed and hung on the wall. A gorgeous piece of art! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Worthy of framing, Bonnie - what a masterpiece of watercoloring!! Love it!!

Lisa Elton said...

NAILED IT!!! This is a winner for sure, Bonnie and it's and incredible card. You've created the perfect scene and added all of the perfect trimmings!

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous! The scene so soft and serene.

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous scene Bonnie, I love these Serendipity stamps ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning, Bonnie - love he depth of colour you have achieved, and all the wee details
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous coloring on this lovely moonlit scene. Love the barn with the wreath over the door. Beautiful Christmas card.

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful stamp and image Bonnie and colored so beautifully too...you've truly evoked the feeling of a cold and frosty but calm Winter evening at Christmastime! Lovely, lovely scene and card my friend!! Hugs! :0)

nancy littrell said...

OMG..your Christmas barn scene is Stunning, Bonnie...it looks like a painting and deserves a frame so it can be displayed properly every Christmas...you may want to send it to yourself:-) TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

Diane said...

Absolutely a gorgeous scene you have created, each detail is beautiful and perfect!! Congrats on your win!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! This card is gorgeous Bonnie! At first glance, I thought it was a gorgeous paper scene....but it isn't! I love this scene you created, that sky is stunning and so real looking with the moon and snow. I love barns, so you already grabs my heart with the farm scene. You have colored this up to perfection!!! Hugs, Brenda

Cat Craig said...

Oh my this is lovely Bonnie. Each little extra touch adds so much.

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous and a well deserved win at POE! 👏🎉🎉🎉

TK said...

Wow! Love the sweet scene and ALL the little details you've added, so sweet!

Carol Cel said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! So much detail went into creating this card. I hope the recipient appreciates it! Beautiful.