Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Leafy Bird

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I don't think it's a surprise the I like birds!

Whether they are outside or in the studio, they are among my favorite blessings.


I had this embossed background laying on my table since the 3D Embossing Folder
arrived.  I wasn't sure what I'd do with it.  I think it would be beautiful colored.
But I decided to keep it plain and color some NBUS Spellbinder die cuts to go with it.

The bird was colored with Distress Markers and spread with a waterbrush.
The leaves were colored with a blending brush and ink.

I trimmed it down and used the same colors to brush ink on a leftover strip of
watercolor paper to add a bit of contrast to the background.

I am loving these Scripted Die cuts and need to do some more. 
It's very handy to have some cut and ready to go!

Challenges:
NBUS #53 - Never Before Used Schtuff - 3D Embossing Folder, Bird Die, Leafy Die
Seize the Birthday #268 - ATG Birthday (no musical topping)
Try it on Tuesday - Let's Go Outside


    
 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Rusty Hinge, Brushed Corduroy (DM), Sprout, Pearfection, Field, Sherbet (SSS)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Watercolor (Arches CP), Gold Foil, Vellum
Other:  3D Stylized Floral (Spl August Club), Leafy Sprig, Little Chickadee, Yana's Scripted Sentiments (Spl), Everyday Sentiments Glimmer Plate, Gold Foil (Spl)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

21 comments:

Bobby said...

Loving birds? You and me both, Bonnie. This one is so cute perching on your wonderful leafy branches. I do love the strip of green and that gold scripty sentiment is marvelous.

Brenda in IN said...

Your coloring on this card is beautiful, Bonnie. The bird looks so real I can hear him chirping. That is a gorgeous embossing folder.

Marcia Hill said...

Your background looks amazing with that sweet little chickadee perched on the branch and leaves, and I'm loving the gold scripted die cut too! Beautiful card Bonnie!! Hugs. :0)

JoAnn said...

Love your card and your coloring is so perfect with that cute birdie perched among the leaves. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

I Card Everyone said...

You've chosen some wren-like colors for your sweet little Chicka-dee-dee-dee today, Bonnie! He looks right at home on this pretty leafy branch - seems to be checking out and loving your embossed surroundings - me too!
This little bird could be so many different breeds and is an extra great die because of that! Maybe a little butterbutt next time? They are stopping by us already - yikes I hope that isn't a bad sign for an early winter!
=]

jimlynn said...

Another pretty, pretty card and I love the bird - and the background embossing too.
Lynn

Susan said...

I love bird cards too. This little bird is so sweet and so perfectly set on the branches that tie in so well to the embossed background.

Lisa Elton said...

What a cutie he is! I like the pretty leaves you've perched him on and the wonderful embossed background. Fabulous card, Bonnie!

Brenda said...

OMWord, this card is just gorgeous Bonnie! You and Michele do birds very well, I love birds too...outside because I could never created anything as gorgeous as the birds you ladies create! I love....again....the colors on this card. The bird is just so pretty sitting among those beautifully blended leaves. The embossing folder goes perfectly and oh yeah, I am loving that scripty birthday sentiment! Hugs, Brenda

nancy littrell said...

OMG...Love your 3D EB background for your beautifully colored die cut bird, leaves and sentiment, Bonnie...TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

I'm loving your bird cards Bonnie! This is another spectacular design, my friend! xx

Barbara said...

Yes, it is no surprise that you like birds as you do them very well. The blended watercolors give the leaves and your bird realism. This is an awesome card with all that texture in the background. Good to see you here at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Viv said...

This is so pretty Bonnie! Loving the scripty sentiment too and thanks so much for sharing with us at TIOT! x

Nancy said...

Bonnie, Another gorgeous card! Your leaves and sweet bird look wonderful and very realistic. The gold birthday greeting is a nice blended touch! Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday! HUGS!

Leslie Miller said...

This little bird is darling! I'm pretty sure you know how much I love birds, too. Beautiful leaves with the blended inks, and the embossed background is amazing!

Kathyk said...

A delightful card and composition, thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday this time around

Kathyk
Guest Designer at STB

Trina P. said...

Wonderful and tweet. Good idea to leave the embossed background white.

kiwimeskreations said...

An exquisite card Bonnie - love your colouring of the leaves and the bird
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

Love the bird over that fab embossed folder. Lovely.

TK said...

A beautiful bird, which sits beautifully on your embossed background. Your card is fantastic, Bonnie, it provides such an air of relaxation and beauty

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Bonnie, love that cute little birdie on the embossed background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx