Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Seashore Christmas Greetings

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm working on Christmas cards again.


I die cut this NBUS dainty pine bough from Neenah Solar White cardstock and
smooshed it into some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink swiped on my craft sheet and
spritzed with water.  After letting it dry, I used some Bearly Art glue on the needles
and sprinkled with clear glitter.

I found the sand dollar and starfish in the envelope with the dies.  The sand dollar
was a bit too white so I added a very light wash of pink over top.  To make it sparkle a 
bit, I outlined the flower with a Quickie Glue Pen and sprinkled glitter on top.

The starfish was cut from a piece of textured cardstock.  Adding a red rhinestone
to the center of each gave them a festive look.

I have a twofer.....


When I was checking out all my seashore stamps and dies, I found some sand dollars
that were stamped and clear embossed.  The JOY die was in my NBUS box.
They worked together beautifully for another Christmas card!

The photo doesn't show it, but the letters were embossed with the Subtle Embossing
folder to add a little contrast in the texture.

Two more Christmas cards for the stash!

Challenges:
Inkspirational #296 - Iridescent  (glitter)
NBUS #53 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Fir Sprig, Big Joy dies)
Peace on Earth #45 - Inspired by the shells. See below.


 


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Believe (PB)
Ink:   Rustic Wilderness (DOX), Blushing Bride (SU)
Paper:   Crumb Cake, Neenah Solar White, Watercolor, Tan Textured
Other: Fir Sprig Die (SSS), Pine Bough EF (ret SU), Starfish & Sand Dollar Dies (Gina Marie), Quickie Glue Pen, Fine Crystal Glitter

 Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  By the Seashore (ret SU)
Ink:   Sahara Sand, VersaMark
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Real Red
Other: Big Joy Die (SSS), Gracious Leaves EF (MB), Pine Sprigs Die (IO), Holly Punch (MS), Clear EF, Subtle EF (ret SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Two BEAUTIFUL cards for your stash, Bonnie! I only wish I were going to be in some tropical paradise for Christmas!
You know what - I think I have this sweet little sand dollar die! In fact, it was purchased at the Scrap Market where I met Marcia the first time! They both make darling little ornaments, Bonnie - I love the bits of glitter and this gorgeous bright red JOY!
=]

Bobby said...

What a great idea for a seaside Christmas card, Bonnie. The shells make great ornaments with the added sparkle and embellishments.

Sandy said...

Good Hot Morning! We have had a couple of days of 100 degree temps. I would say that I should be making cards using shells and so forth since the beach is only a block away from us. Your sand dollar and star fish look real. I love what you did with the pine bough and the greetings sentiment is a perfect size for your card. Love your JOY card -- have always been drawn to red and white.
Sandy xx

Darlene said...

Oh Bonnie, both cards are just FABULOUS! (Don't forget to share them over on our embossing challenge too ... link below my name for CYHTP). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

jimlynn said...

Both are beauties! I'm loving that sand dollar - perfect for Christmas cards. Love both of these Bonnie.
Lynn

LeAnne said...

Love them both! The ornaments are so precious hung on your "tree"! And I just got that JOY die and I can't wait to use it! There are lots of ways to use that die and you gave me some great ideas!

Brenda said...

I love both of these Christmas cards Bonnie! They have a tropical feel with a bit of traditional mix in as well and I think that is so fun! Both equally beautiful, but that first one is the one that catches my eye! Hugs, Brenda

Pat said...

Two delightful seasonal cards Bonnie, and such a brilliant idea to use the starfish and sand dollar as ornaments on the pine bough, and love the embossed boughs in the background. I also love the look of the sand dollar replacing the 'O' in the Joy with a pretty bit of holly and pine branch, and the background leaves and berries embossing is gorgeous. x

HilaryJane said...

What fun to make the starfish and sand dollar into Christmas ornaments. Great idea and it works so well. Sorry to have been absent for a few days, but I am now back and catching up with everything. Love your Chrysanthemum card from the other day too xx

Cat Craig said...

Oh those are fabulous seaside holiday cards...love.

Loll said...

Two fabulous beach-themed Christmas cards. I love that you've used the starfish and sand dollar as ornaments --- so creative!! And the sand dollar makes a perfect "O" for JOY! :) xx

Leslie Miller said...

These two cards are mind-blowingly clever, Bonnie! If I was in charge you would be winner winner chicken dinner! So cute! Lovelovelove them!

JoAnn said...

Two great cards. Love the texture on both cards. The shells are cute but I really like the Joy card and the and how you used the stamped seashell for the "O".

Lisa Elton said...

I don't know which I like better, the delicate pine or that sweet little sand dollar! These are pretty, Bonnie!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is such a fun idea Bonnie! I love the idea that beach findings can be used as Christmas decorations and the sand dollar as the 'O' in JOY is gorgeous! Vicky x

Marlena M. said...

LOVE the use of sea treasures for your cards Bonnie; such beautiful Christmas creations! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwwwwww...I love both of these cards Bonnie! How perfect to hang the starfish and sand dollar as ornaments on the pine sprig...love, LOVE it!! And using the sand dollar for the "O" in the JOY diecut is perfect too! Very creative my friend!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Ohhhh these are great, Bonnie! Love the Christmas cards, and use of sand dollars and starfish - way to go!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

Susan said...

Two wonderful cards that both reflect our mood board so well with your shell and sand dollar as ornaments on the first card and your sand dollar standing in for the "o" in joy. Wonderful layouts and embossed backgrounds on both. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Julia Aston said...

Oh what lovely beach Christmas designs Bonnie! Wonderful glitter on the pine branches holding the starfish and shimmery sand dollar! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Iridescent! Julia xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

These are beautiful "think-outside-the-box" Christmas cards, Bonnie! Living in the northern hemisphere, I didn't think of using a summery sand dollar and starfish for holiday cards! The ornaments are so pretty and I love both of the cards!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

How cute and creative. Awesome twofers.