Saturday, August 12, 2023

Jumbo Spider Mum in Yellow

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I recently treated myself to a new floral stamp and die that I had been admiring
for a long time.


I stamped and heat embossed in white and added Distress Re-inkers as
watercolors.  Once it was completely dry, I die cut the flower and leaves with 
the matching dies.  (I'm really glad that I included the dies in my order!)

I found a piece of decorative paper with yellow stripes in my stash and added
the spots too by flicking ink and water off an acrylic block.  The spotted piece was 
die cut with a scalloped curve that lets some of the stripes peek out.

The birthday was die cut from yellow cardstock and stacked 2 deep then mounted
on the shadow piece die cut from vellum.  The heat embossed sentiment was done
on a piece of the yellow cardstock.



Challenges:
Flower Challenge  #83 - Spots or Stripes (I managed both)
NBUS #53 - Never Before Used Schtuff
Seize the Birthday #267 - ATG (Did not use the option)

 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Jumbo Spider Mum (Ton), All Occasions (Jane's Doodles)
Ink:   Whisper White, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade (for splatters)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 Series), Neenah Solar White, PP (?)
Other: White EP, Distress Re-Inkers (Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Bundled Sage, Rustic Wilderness, Jumbo Spider Mum Dies (Ton) Scallop Borders Die (PPP)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

28 comments:

Pat said...

What a beautiful bright chrysanthemum image and looks so pretty white embossed Bonnie and the inky splatters and yellow and white striped paper make a wonderful background..love the pretty font of the die cut birthday greeting with the vellum shadow background too. x

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, this jumbo mum tops my little one by a mile! SOOO gorgeous - love it in this mustard-yellow and you've managed to bring the depths of the bloom out beautifully!
You've treated yourself to a wonderful gift!
=]

I Card Everyone said...

WAIT! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Flower Challenge with dots AND stripes - you clever girl!
=]

Bobby said...

I knew right away your card was for The Flower Challenge, Bonnie. Great use of striped and dots with your gorgeous jumbo Mum. You colored it beautifully and designed a wonderful way to display it.

Bobby said...

I forgot to thank you for sharing your card at The Flower Challenge.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I can see why you wanted these stamps and dies! LOVE the yellow hues!

Susan said...

What a beautiful sunny card - perfect for a summer birthday! Makes me feel happy looking at all those lovely colours and that gorgeous flower!

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Bonnie! Fabulous style in the layout. The splats and stripes are just perfect, and I LOVE the big flower! Of course, you had me at the yellow, too. Sooooo pretty!

jimlynn said...

Very pretty card Bonnie. Love, love the spider mum!!! It reminds me of yesteryear and my aunt having so many planted. Love your card.
Lynn

Loll said...

WOW!! This is a beauty, Bonnie. LOVE the gorgeous Spider Mum ... especially in yellow. So happy! Gorgeous layered card, my friend. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie, have a smile on me - I first read your title as Giant Spider in Yellow... so glad to see it was a giant spider Mum.. Loving your use of the flower and colours, and the gorgeous background you created for it too. A beautiful result
Blessings
Maxine

Carole said...

What a beautiful stamp bonnie and thus a fantastic card, so wonderfully well coordinated. Love it! xx

Brenda in IN said...

When I saw the word spider I thought "oh dear, I'm not going to be able to like this card". then the beautiful surprise. The coloring is stunning and the card is just beautiful. This is a gorgeous stamp. Now if I can get my heart rate back to normal!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This Spider Mum is GORGEOUS Bonnie and I'm totally loving all the dots and stripes in your background too...they really make this beautiful flower POP!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Stunning card and design, love the colour mix too. x

BożenA said...

A wonderful card in optimistic colors. I've been wanting this stamp for a long time, but haven't decided to buy it yet. Looking at your card, I think I should make up my mind :-)
hugs,
xx

Darnell said...

Well, Bon. You've done it again. I've just come back from The Ton to get that spider mum. It's a compliment to you as a designer and colorist when people go off and buy the ingredients! This is truly spectacular! Hugs, Dolly (And thanks for linking to the NBUS gallery again!)

Vicky Hayes said...

That is a gorgeous image Bonnie and I love it in that beautiful yellow colourway! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

Using that stripey spider mum was a great idea! Terrific purchase, Bonnie it's pretty and so is your fabulous card!

TK said...

Bonnie, this is stunning! LOVE the bold mum, delicate lacey die and yellow stripey paper -- so fun and fabulous!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Bonnie, so bright and sunny and happy looking! I can see why you treated yourself, this flower is amazing and I am loving it too. Love how you colored this bloom and it's leaves. Your card is just gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

JoAnn said...

Fabulous card with that big mum with all the detail and texture. Love the colors.

JoAnn said...

Forgot to say thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
JoAnn

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card and stamp! Such a great purchase and I totally see why it was on your list! Love the vellum shadow behind the greeting and the splatters too! It would have been easier to say that every inch is spectacular! LOL Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a gorgeous Spider Mum in bright happy yellow, Bonnie! And what a wonderful idea to add yellow stripes in the background. It's interesting, and it bears a slight resemblance to mum's petals.
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

So beautiful, Bonnie. Wonderful watercoloring.

shirley-bee said...

Apologies for the late visit, Bonnie, but it is so worth it. This is a stunner! I love that you’ve embossed in white, and used yellow for the sentiment, it makes everything so bright and summery. And the flower is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Bright and Beautiful stamped and die cut yellow mum, Bonnie. Your yellow striped PP was the perfect addition plus the beautiful die cut sentiment and scalloped edge. TFS your Stunning Birthday card, my friend and...The link to the mum stamp and die cut. Love and Hugs..Nancy