Wednesday, August 30, 2023

More Stylized Flowers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have another card using this month's Spellbinders 3D Embossing Folder.

I got a bit carried away from my usual CAS style!

 

Jack had painted a piece covered in roses and told me I could use it for a card.

It was sitting on my table while I was working with this embossing folder and I
thought, why not?

It really was too busy to show the lovely embossing, but I kept going anyway.

I embossed a piece of Neenah Solar White and fussy cut two of the flowers out to
place over one of the flowers.  I had some die cut branches and butterflies
sitting on the table and added them too. 

The die cut sentiment was already cut so I added that too.

It's not my favorite card and I wish I'd used his beautiful roses in a better way,
but it is another way to use this embossing folder.

Challenges:
Spellbinders - August Clubs Inspiration Roundup




Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Celery, Field, Lemonade (SSS)
Paper:   Watercolor (Strathmore CP), Neenah Solar White, Black
Other:  Twinkle H2Os, 3D Stylized Floral EF (Spl), Yana's Wonderful Scripted Sentiments (Spl), Leafy Sprig, Sealed Birds (Spl), Graceful Butterfly Set (SSS)



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

15 comments:

Jan said...

I see you used the same EF on your Leafy Bird post....it really is a very pretty EF! Your More Stylized Flowers card may not be your favorite, but I think it is pretty....and Jack's roses just took on another look - LOL!
Paper Hugs,

HilaryJane said...

You have been busy the last few days, so sorry not to visit each post individually. I am enjoying seeing you use all your embossing folders. They work so well as backgrounds to die cuts. You have been demonstrating that brilliantly. Thanks for all the inspiration xx

I Card Everyone said...

It's really lovely, Bonnie - and it is extra special from Jack's roses. How sweet.
=]

jimlynn said...

So pretty and I really do love that background! So different and pretty. He did a great job on that. Love your card.
Lynn

Susan said...

It might be outside of your usual CAS style, Bonnie, but it's very pretty. Love the background Jack created. It's the perfect setting for the white and green die cuts, and the black accents finish it off so nicely.

Pat said...

It's really pretty Bonnie, and a lovely way of using the roses background Jack painted, and the extra flower, leaves, butterfly and die sentiment work perfectly with it. x

Lisa Elton said...

Jack's roses make it extra special, Bonnie! This is lovely!

Brenda said...

It might not be your usual CAS but it is a lovely card Bonnie! And it is extra special as well because you used Jack's roses. Love how you fussy cut the flowers from the embossing folder, the butterfly is perfect to sit upon those leaves. The black just helps these beautiful colors pop and makes the card look so elegant. I think it is just stunning! Hugs, Brenda

Sandy said...

Hello back at ya -- you have been knocking our socks off with your gorgeous backgrounds!
Sandy xx

Loll said...

LOVE the artsy background. Jack's roses look amazing with the texture from the embossing folder. xx

Bobby said...

It looks great with Jack's painting even if the embossing doesn't show much, Bonnie. It turned out to be a lovely card.

Leslie Miller said...

This lovely collaboration of yours and Jack's artistic talents makes me smile all over. So sweet!

Christine Alexander said...

Jack's splashes of pink look amazing on your background. Love it

kiwimeskreations said...

Jack will be so pleased to see how you used his painted panel... what a good Grandma you are Bonnie. I like the overall look of the card
Blessings
MAxine

TK said...

A tribute to Jack and his coloring, makes any card a winner in my book! I think you've balanced out the background beautifully.