Saturday, August 31, 2024

Bejeweled with Vellum

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

The Group of Seven Cardmakers is using vellum techniques this month.

I love using vellum so I have another.


This time I used Chrissie's technique to get a 3D look. (It looks like Loll and I
had the same idea.)

I stamped on the vellum with embossing ink and heat embossed with white powder.

Then I turned the vellum over and stamped the same image on the back using
regular inks and markers.

When the ink was dry, I turned it over for this 3D look.

Challenges:
Penny Black Saturday - ATG-Option of Flowers using Penny Black

 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bejeweled (PB)
Ink:   Embossing, Tangerine Tango
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Vellum
Other:  White EP, Subtle EF (ret SU), Elegant Rectangle STAX dies (MFT)

I'm really excited to have a very special guest.  Stay tuned for more about that.  


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

19 comments:

Sandy said...

What a pretty pop of color - so creative and unusual.
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

I loved Loll's and I love yours, Bonnie. When two minds think alike it means it's a good technique. I keep meaning to tell you I love the little bird you use to prop up your cards.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous bejeweled 3D, Bonnie! And so fun to see a different take on the same technique with the same stamp! Both yours and Loll's are fabulous!!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card with this technique. It does look 3D. Love the pop of orange.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a fabulous way to say happy birthday! Beautifully done. Bonnie!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a lovely card and technique. x

Nstiz said...

Beautiful! I have no clue how you got such great coloring on vellum. I had a mess when I tried. What a fabulous effect, Bonnie!

Pat said...

This is beautiful Bonnie using that large Chrysanthemum flower white embossed on the front and in orange on the back which really pops, and love the double frame you have placed it behind, and the slightly wavy banner sentiment is the perfect finishing touch. x

HilaryJane said...

It's brilliant. I love it xx

nancy littrell said...

Such a beautiful, dimensional arrangement for your Stunning Christmas Card, Bonnie:-) Thank you so much for sharing:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

TK said...

Vellum is such an amazing tool and this technique is such a great use of it. Beautiful, Bonnie!

Christine Alexander said...

So pretty Bonnie, that's a gorgeous colour combo ♥

Leslie Miller said...

Sigh... so beautiful. I must be ready for the change of season.

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie!! So funny that we used the same images ... great minds think alike! :) I love your colours and the beautiful shape of your framing. xx

Susan said...

Beautiful! Great job on the vellum technique. Perfect colour choices for an autumn birthday!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a brilliant result using the technique, Bonnie - love the strong contrast of the colours you used
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so glad that I can comment again!!! LOve vellum and you have really brought out the beauty of it, Bonnie - such a clever idea with wonderful results!
=]

Trina P. said...

Beautiful! Chrissy’s vellum technique is still on my list to try.

Helen said...

Your card is stunning Bonnie! I just love everything about it. As soon as I saw it, I decided I must try the same techniqque! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. :)