Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Chick Fun

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I recently had a play with my Copic markers and needed a chuckle so
I pulled out this Golden Girl.


The colors at Color Hues worked perfectly to color this chick, and the sentiment
from another set seemed to fit the bill for AAA Birthday and Seize the Birthday.
(I hope this is cut enough.)

Here's another chick from this set.  This was a card for a class earlier this year.


Challenges:
AAA Birthday #64 - Critters
Color Hues #93 - Orange and Yellow
Seize the  Birthday #289 - Cute Critters Birthday




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Coolest Chick Ever, Shoreline Friendship (Unity)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Black
Other:  Chicken Wire EF (TE), Circle Thin Frames (SSS), Potpourri Flower Set (PS), Copics (Y000, Y00, Y11, Y15, Y17, Y21, Y38, YR07, YR09)



Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Coolest Chick Ever (Unity), Egg-stra Special Sentiments (Amy R)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, PP, Daffodil Delight
Other:  Sharpies (Yellow, Lt. Orange, Lt. Green, Aqua, Teal, Red, Black), Black Ultrafine Sharpie, Arteza Pencil (Charcoal)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

These chicks make me smile too Bonnie and I love the sentiments too! Awesome use of our challenge colors...thanks so much for sharing these cuties with us at Color Hues. Hugs. :0)

Sandy said...

What a great way to start my day - pictures from my family album! Aunt Chikade is quite the sight with her green glasses. I don't know Bonnie but fried chicken will never be the same again!
Love both of your cards especially the second one.
Sandy xx

I Card Everyone said...

Well, I now know just what I'm going to borrow first, if you don't mind! These chicks are the cutest ever! Fabulous coloring, Bonnie - dare I say it? WWCD!!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous cards and colouring. x

JoAnn said...

Those chicks are so cute and your coloring is fabulous. Love the sentiment on the first card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Ashwini Rao said...

Super adorable!! I love them chicks and cool sentiments and the colors are the perfect pick! Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge with these cuties!

Nancy said...

Talk about putting a huge smile on my face this morning, these cards certainly did! The Golden Girl sentiment is just perfect and second image with the bow and glasses is hysterical! You have quite the collection of fabulous stamps my friend. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Darnell said...

How did you get my picture, Bon? As an old stewing hen, I have to say, you make us mature birds look very cute in both these cards! I'll be chuckling (clucking?) all day!! Hugs, Dolly

Nancy said...

Well, I clearly was too enamored by your cards I failed to thank you for also playing along at Color Hues! Off to get more coffee! LOL

Lisa Elton said...

They are too much fun for their own good! Love them both, Bonnie, but the second brings the biggest smile!

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh are these ever fun! Unity has some great, comical stamps. Love the coloring on these . I admit, they made me smile!

HilaryJane said...

What fun, you just have to smile. Love them xx

Pat said...

I love these two fun chickens Bonnie and both sentiments are brilliant and the added pretty flower on each of the toppers, and also the faux stitching you added on the second finish them perfectly. x

TK said...

Two fun cards, and your chuckles are continuing all the way over here! Very cute

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Super cute chicks, Bonnie - really bring a smile!!

Trina P. said...

These chicks made me smile. Two fun cards.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful set of stamps, Bonnie, and you have used them beautifully on both cards!! They certainly gave me a smile.
Blessings
Maxine

wienerhoneymooners said...

My, don't we think alike, lol!!! Loving this card!!

Loll said...

These are so fun and I can see why it gave you a chuckle. :) xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie I love your orange and yellow chickens! So cute and fun. They are the star of your cards! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Color Hues!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie I love your orange and yellow chickens! So cute and fun. They are the star of your cards! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Color Hues!

Jane said...

Oh that chick is awesome, certainly put a smile on my face! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, teehee! Your golden girl is beautiful and she looks right at home with her chicken wire background. The second one is quite the character with her polka dot bow and big glasses. I love them both. What fun!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG these guys are so funny :)

Bobby said...

Those hens are hilarious, Bonnie. Great job of using your Copics.

Sheri Gilson said...

What FUN cards! Love them both! Thank you so much for playing along with Color Hues Color Challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute cards - I love your coloring on that first chick! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday & STB