Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Using Vellum with Group of Seven Cardmakers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

This month the Group of Seven Cardmakers is using vellum on our cards.


First up are dragonflies stamped and heat embossed on vellum and placed over
a gel plate background.  I left a border without the vellum for contrast.

Using a frame is a good way to mount the vellum without the adhesive showing.


I found a piece in my UFO box that was stamped in one corner with the berries.
I stamped more berries in the opposite corner and added some stenciled holly.  Then I 
added a piece of vellum over the design to add a frosty look and again placed 
behind a frame.

The chickadee and berry branch were die cut and watercolored.


I made this one after watching the first video on the GO7 site.  I used cardstock vellum
and embossed it with a 3D embossing folder.  Then I used blending brushes on the back
with Distress inks.  I let the ink dry and added the embossed piece to a piece of
80 pound cardstock with a thin bead of glue around the edges.

The leaves were die cut from mixed media paper and colored with re-inkers.

I was happy to see that the glue doesn't show through the vellum.

There are so many things you can do with vellum.  I'm looking forward to seeing
what the other GO7 gals did.  I hope you check the others out and if you make
something with vellum, there's a linky on the website so you can share.



Challenges:
Peace on Earth #70 (card 2) - ATG Christmas
Can You Handle the Pressure (card 3) - Dry Embossing with twist of leaves





Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Dragonfly Dreams (ret SU)
Ink:   VersaMark
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Vellum, Gel Print, Silver Foil
Other:  White EP, Elegant Stitching Frames (PB), Fancy Hello Die (Alt)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Winterberry (PB), Bitty Holiday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:   Wow Embossing, Real Red (SU), Rustic Wilderness, Black Soot, Tattered Rose (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Vellum, Bristol, Black
Other:  Holly Bough Stencil (TH), Stitched Rectangle Die (SSS), Nested Die (PB), Layered Chickadee Die (SSS), Subtle EF (ret SU)

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  
Ink:   Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Ripe Persimmon (DI)
Paper:  Cardstock Vellum (SU), Mixed Media (Strathmore), Soft Suede, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Distress Re-inkers (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Festive Berries, Peeled Paint, Brushed Corduroy), Vine Canopy 3D EF (SSS), Privet Branch Die (SSS), Words of Gratitude Die (PB), Linen Thread (SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

24 comments:

nancy littrell said...

OMG...All 3 of your embossed cards are Stunning, Bonnie:-) You have me so inspired to get started on Christmas Cards. This Summer has been spent on daily gardening chores for Denny and I :-) But I do look forward to stamping again this Fall and Winter:-) Thank you so much for all your inspiration:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Julia Aston said...

three beautiful cards using vellum in different ways Bonnie - The white dragonflies look so pretty against the blue, the light colors behind the die cut leaves make a lovely fall card - and my fav is the sweet chickadee on the branch with the berries and holly behind it! Julia xx

HilaryJane said...

These are superb, I love them all, but I think I will pick the third one as my favourite. It is those colours. Just gorgeous xx

Loll said...

All three cards are GORGEOUS!! Love your white embossed dragonflies with the beautiful gel print backing. I love how you've added the vellum over the main panel and left some of the outside border showing through. Shows how vellum softens colours and adds a dreamy look. Your chickadee is so adorable on the dreamy background of stamping layered with vellum. The final card is my favourite ... I LOVE the colours you've used to sponge over the dry embossed vellum. So gorgeous paired with the large leafy sprig. Great work Bonnie. It's so much fun to work with vellum! xx

JoAnn said...

Wow, three gorgeous cards using vellum and all with different techniques. Love the Christmas card with the cute little chickadee and berries. The embossed dragonfly card is so pretty on the vellum. Love the gel plate background in blue.

Christine Alexander said...

All three cards are stunning but I think my favourite is the Christmas one. Your Chickadee looks so pretty against the berry velum background ♥

TK said...

Wow! These are all pretty -- love the way the first one tones down the background; love the snowy/frosty feel of the second card; and the third is gorgeous with the embossing -- these are amazing, Bonnie

Susan said...

Love all three of these - impossible to choose a favourite. The heat embossed dragonflies look so lovely against that blue gel plate background - and I like the way you inset the frame so that there's some vellum showing beyond it. The chickadee card is beautiful. I love the combination of stamping and stenciling on the background - I must try that. The blended ink on the back of the third card's background is so pretty with the leaves against them. p.s. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth with the second card.

kiwimeskreations said...

A trio of stunning cards Bonnie - I love that I can visit the various blogs and see such different uses of the medium and techniques showcased by the Go7, and yours are exquisite
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

All 3 are absolutely GORGEOUS Bonnie! I love the dragonfly's against the blue gel plate background, and that chickadee against all that lovely Christmas foliage is SOOOOO pretty, but my favorite is the last one with all the beautiful soft colors and embossing...a totally standout card my friend! Vellum really does add such a special touch to cards, and all 3 of yours are definitely special my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What gorgeous examples of the embossed vellum technique, Bonnie - love them all, especially the white and blue with dragonflies!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What gorgeous inspirational cards. x

Lia said...

I like bierdies on christmascards and this one is so very nice! Lia DT POE

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of fabulous cards, Bonnie! Yo'uve used the vellum beautifully on all three creations. That sweet little chickadee is my favorite!

Pat said...

Gorgeous results Bonnie on all three and love the fabulous white heat embossed dragonflies beneath that beautiful ornate edged frame and placed over the blue gelli print leaving just a bit of that showing around the edge for contrast, and the beautiful Chickadee on the berry branch works brilliantly placed over the berries and holly in the background with the vellum between which gives such a misty look to the background. Lastly the wonderful ink blended 3D embossing and finished perfectly with the die cut and autumn coloured leaves placed over the top. x

Nstiz said...

These are fabulous, Bonnie. What struck me is those leaves look like copper! I love all of them and admire your ability to make so many different ones. The use of vellum gives them all a dreamy look.

Sandy said...

Boy oh boy, do I ever love that chickadee card. I am going to start calling you "Fancy Nancy". So many layers and techniques. Nothing shines quite like gold. Wish I lived in Cary - I would sell tickets to your card making classes and make a fortune!!
Sandy xx

Darlene said...

Oh my friend ... these are all just GORGEOUS! You are so talented! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure & Peace on Earth challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, stop! I love them all, but the third card is gorgeous beyond words!

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, you do know that I could NEVER choose a favorite, right? But my heart does skip a beat whenever you use those gorgeous 'hitchhikers!'
They are ALL so pretty!
=]

Trina P. said...

Wonderful trio. I love chickadees, so your GORGEOUS second card caught my attention. I love using frames to hide the adhesive, too.

Diane said...

Wow, what gorgeous cards all three are!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Peace On Earth and Can You Handle The Pressure!!
Diane POE and CYHTP Co-Owner

Nancy said...

Bonnie, I spied card number 3 and had to come by for all the details. I didn't know I would get a master class in vellum. Each one is just gorgeous! I clearly need to step up my game and try to do something that is out of my typical boring style. You have really inspired me here. I love them all but the chickadee stole my heart.

Robyn Oliver said...

It's fabulous to be so inspired each month with the GoS - to have us thinking of and using products and techniques that have been forgotten. Love all your cards this month Bonnie especially the lovely inking you've done on the last card. Enjoy your day, hugs Robyn