Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Flamingos

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

A pretty bird recently came to roost in my studio.


When I saw the colors for Color Hues #92, I was ticked pink to be able to use this die.

I die cut all the pieces for the flamingo from mixed media paper and added some
color with blending brushes. Then I went over the ink with a damp waterbrush.
While I was adding color, I rested the bird pieces on a piece of watercolor paper. 
  As I blended then watercolored, it added a soft pink to my background.

The sand was made from tearing a snippet of brown cardstock and adding splatters 
of Vintage Photo and White Gouache.

Jack thought it needed a flower.  So I die cut a hibiscus twice and colored
with the darker pink, layered them, added the stamen and popped it on.

A twofer....


This one was cut out of Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored with a 
blending brush.

I stenciled and die cut a background and die cut a frame, then added some
die cut flowers.  Jack liked this one better, thus the flower on the first card.

Challenges:
Color Hues #92 - Pink and Brown
NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff (flamingo die)
Triple B - The Birds and Blooms are covered

 




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Flamingo (HA)
Ink:   Baked Brown Sugar (ret SU), Kitsch Flamingo, Pickled Raspberry
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Watercolor (TH), Baked Brown Sugar (ret SU), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Feathered Friends #12 die (PTI), Palm Fancy Die (HA), Aloha Hibiscus die (FS)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Sending Love Mail (HA) 
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Speckled Egg, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Feathered Friends #12 die (PTI), Curved Cap Pinpoint Layers die (MB), Layered Waves Stencil (HB), Palm Fancy Die (HA)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

28 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I think they are both flam-AZING! However, Jack might have something there with the flowers! I love your palm leaves, too!
Such a darling bird to have landed in your studio!
=]

Cat Craig said...

THose flamingos are standing so pretty in their scenes.

Sandy said...

I did enjoy this post - loving colors I was drawn to the second card with 3 flowers. Beautifully colored Bonnie!!
Sandy xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous flamingo cards, Bonnie - love card one with the rich brown sand and fun sentiment! Jack was right about the flower - just adds an extra pop! Love card two with the colorful flowers and stenciled water too!!

Brenda in IN said...

Two cute cards with that flamingo. I love the hibiscus and the flowers on both cards. Jack has such a good eye for art.

LeAnne said...

They are both amazing! So lifelike and elegant! I recently saw a video of a baby flamingo looking down at his feet, splashing in the water. CUTEST thing ever!

Loll said...

You've made good use from your new flamingo die!! :) Both cards are lovely. That palm leaf background is just perfect and I always love to see your backgrounds from ink blending die-cuts. It's just perfect to show off the leaf and your amazing flamingo. The dark brown is such a great contrast and I love the added flower in the bottom corner. Jack does have an eye for design! Your second card is lovely with the ocean in the background and the beautiful flowers highlighting the frame. xx

JoAnn said...

Two great pink flamingo cards. Love the scene on each one, especially the 2nd one with the 3 flowers and stenciled water. I agree with Jack, that flower is just the right finishing touch.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both Super summery cards. x

Bobby said...

I love your stately looking flamingo, Bonnie, and the wonderful cards you designed around them. The flowers do add a little something something.

Pat said...

Two beautiful flamingoes Bonnieand love the splattering and background die cut leaf and then the torn stand and finished with a lovely sentinent and pink hibiscus flower. The second looks great too with the arched frame and the background is so pretty with the stencilled waves, and three very pretty flowers around the frame to finish. x

Darnell said...

That Jack has such an amazing artistic eye, taking after you, Bon! I've seen a lot of flamingo cards, but these are my favorites! I'm pinning to the I.D.E.A.S. board! Hugs, Dolly

Lisa Elton said...

That pretty bird landed in good hands! Two fabulous cards, Bonnie. Jack has a great eye the flowers looks great!

Marcia Hill said...

Good call on Jacks part Bonnie...I love the addition of the flower on the first card...you can never have too much pink (or flowers!) on a card!! Love how your background turned out on the first card too. Your 2nd card is just as sweet and SO glad you shared both with us at Color Hues!! Hugs. :0)

clelie said...

Wow...these cards are wonderful, Bonnie! I particularly love the first one...hibiscus and all! You inspire me!!!

TK said...

Pretty in pink! You and Jack make quite a team, and the ideas are totally fabulous

Christine Alexander said...

two wonderful cards, the flamingos are awesome :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie these are gorgeous - both if them!! What a beautiful die set, and I love how you have used it. The sentiment on the first one is such a fun one also.
Blessings
Maxine

Karen said...

Oh my goodness, I love them both! How perfect for our Pink and Brown Challenge. I love the subtle background on the first card, and the addition of the hibiscus on both cards is wonderful! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Color Hues!

nancy littrell said...

You and Jack had such a fun and creative stamping play day:-) Thank you so much for sharing both cards. Love both your cards:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

Nstiz said...

Beautifully shaded Bonnie! Who doesn't like flamingos. What a wonderful job you did on this and I think Jack is right, it needed the flower.

Nancy said...

What a fabulous place for Ms. Flamingo to land. Both your cards are wonderful ! Your first card...I think the white leaves with a punch of pink was perfect and a big yes to the flower. Card two...The balance of design and color is just wonderful. Can't wait when you bring this girl out again. Thanks for playing at Color Hues.

Stef Perry said...

Two fabulous cards, Bonnie! The flamingo is a beauty and I love how you colored her. I had a lightbulb moment when you described how you created the color for background on the first card. Then using the negative space of it with the palm leaf diecuts was a great design idea. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at Color Hues!

Diane said...

BOTH cards are beautifully created, full of summertime goodness!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
Co-Owner: {Triple B},NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}, {Double D}, {Word Power}, {Peace On Earth}, {Four Seasons}, {Two Old Bats}, {Can You Handle The Pressure}, {Stencil Fun}, {Simply Clean & Simple}

JulieP said...

You totally had me at Flamingo!!! I am really loving the brown sand. Very creative. And your second card is just lovely! Thanks so much for playing with Color Hues Bonnie!

Trina P. said...

Both so pretty. The flamingo is fabulous.

cm said...

Echoing the others: your cards are lovely. I'm especially smitten with the one you shared in the Colour Hues gallery; the pink and brown are perfect for your images and design. Thank you so much for joining us.
~carol

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a fabulous card Bonnie your flamingo is just stunning you've created a truly magical scene.

Marie