Monday, August 5, 2024

Mushrooms

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I've had these mushroom dies for quite a while and finally got around to 
using them.  I made lots and colored them up for my craft group swaps last month.

Here you can see my first design but I decided I needed to go with something simpler
since I needed six and time was short.


You can see the dimension better here.


There's a die cut pocket and tag on the back for a message.

Here's the simpler version on a regular card that I did for swaps at Craft Group.


Each card has a different arrangement of colors.  I had so much fun making them;
almost as much fun as hanging out for a day with these friends!


Challenges:
NBUS #65 - Never Before Used Schtuff 








Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Lost Shadow, Vintage Photo, Scorched Timber, Peeled Paint, Rustic Wilderness, Crackling Campfire, Lumberjack Plaid, Uncharted Mariner (DI)
Paper:   Mixed Media, Kraft, Rustic Primitive White (MFT)
Other:  Spring Leaves Cover Plate (HB), Essential Arches (SB), Mushroom Stems Die (SSS), Sword Fern Die (SSS), Woodland EF (ret SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

25 comments:

JoAnn said...

Your mushroom cards are pretty and different. Love both of them. Have a great week.

Sandy said...

These colors are just so pretty Bonnie - not being a "Fancy Nancy", I actually like the more simple design better. But then again, the embossed background seems to show up better with the first card and I have to say, I do like the dimension of your first card. The first thing I notice on any card is the color.
We have started off our week with hurricane weather!
Sandy xx

I Card Everyone said...

I love them both so MUSH, Bonnie - but there is nothing more wonderful than those shadow box cards!
Bet your group just loved your mushrooms I DO!
=]

Bobby said...

I love the colorful tops and the way you colored the stems, Bonnie. I may be CASEing your arch design one day.

Nance said...

Oooo, beautiful shrooms, Bonnie! Might need to play with those next time. I love that shadow box style card. It has so much texture and depth. So do the mushrooms. Love your coloring and shading of them. I like them better than the ones that popped up in my yard last week. LOL

Marcia Hill said...

Your trio of colored mushrooms on both cards are SO pretty Bonnie, and who would ever have thought mushrooms could be pretty?!! I absolutely LOVE all the dimension of your first box card...awesome my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

You've made the most of your fabulous mushroom dies, Bonnie. These cards are AWESOME! xx

Pat said...

I love both versions using these pretty mushrooms and foliage Bonnie, and the coverplate leaf die on the kraft card makes a wonderful background, and the embossed trees within the arched frame go beautifully. x

Patricia said...

Lovin your colorful shrooms and the shadow box design. But I would be making the simple one too, if I had to make six of them. Both are great designs. Love your coloring on those mushrooms!

Brenda in IN said...

They are both terrific and colorful. I do like the dimension you got on the raised card.

Darnell said...

Oh, wow, you really texturized that first design to the max, Bon! It's awe-mazing! I love those mushrooms and making them can be addicting, so the simpler (and still beautiful design) is a good idea for using them on a card for yourself or the craft group. Your coloring is fantastic, as always!

Thank you for linking again to NBUS and playing with my I.D.E.A.S. this inky week! Hugs, Dolly

TK said...

Really great cards! I love the mushrooms, colors and all the little details that make all three fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

Two marvelous makes, Bonnie! Love the shadow box!

Christine Alexander said...

I love the colour of your mushrooms especially the blue and red. They really pop on the card ♥

nancy littrell said...

I Love both your fun and colorful mushroom cards, Bonnie. Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend. Love and Big Hugs.....Nancy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous cards, love those mushrooms x

Cat Craig said...

Great cards!

Nstiz said...

How cute is this? I’d never think to get that stamp until I saw what you did with it. These are just super, Bonnie! Your ability to design is just amaazing!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous mushrooms, Bonnie!! Did you create the shadow box yourself? Looks amazing & I love the tree texture behind the shrooms!!

Trina P. said...

These are so cute.

Susan said...

Love those colourful mushrooms! The embossed birch trees are the perfect background to set the mushrooms in a forest.

Julia Aston said...

What gorgeous mushrooms Bonnie! Love the dimensional one inside the arch - but the easier design is beautiful as well! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Woodlands! Julia xx

cm said...

Hi Bonnie...dropping in to share that your fabulous mushroom card is a Top Pick at Inkspirational. Congratulations; thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us! Hopefully you'll join us for our current Mood Board challenge.
~carol

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE the mushrooms! You're so productive coloring up a bunch at a time. I read that you did the same with the humming bird, and you always have such lovely things in your UFO box. I'm swooning again!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Bonnie, these are so gorgeous. I love your mushrooms in both iterations. Love the colors, the embossing the design - everything. Very inspiring.