Monday, August 26, 2024

Vintage Christmas

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I don't feel like I do vintage well.

I love the look when others do it, but somehow I just can't capture that look.


The lovely ladies at Jingle Belles awarded me this embossing folder and I 
really wanted to use it for this challenge, so I gave it a try.  
Thanks Jingle Belles.

I sponged some Distress Oxide inks around the edges to give it a more vintage look.

A vintage image in my Christmas box was added it to the top of the embossing.

Then I watercolored some die cut holly and tucked it in around the 
vintage print.

Challenges:
Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. - 4th Monday ATG
Jingle Belles - Vintage
Rudolph Days - ATG Christmas


 




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bitty Holiday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:   Christmas Pine (GKD), Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo (DOX), Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Paper:   Neenah Natural, Mixed Media, Christmas Pine
Other:  Holiday Flora EF (GKD), Holly & Berry Branch Die (PB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

24 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, you aren't giving yourself enough credit - this is a gorgeous way to spotlight your wonderful vintage Christmas image! LOOK you even captured the holly on the postage stamp!
Well done, my friend!
=]

JoAnn said...

I think you do great vintage cards - this one is so pretty. Love the embossing and the vintage photo. The holly leaves look great around it. Congrats on winning that EF.

Marcia Hill said...

I think you did vintage beautifully Bonnie...this card is gorgeous!! I love the inking around the edges of the embossed panel, and that image and the holly leaves look like they were made to go together! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Janet L. said...

I think it's beautiful!!

TK said...

wow! Vintage at its finest is what I see, Bonnie! You've captured the mood and the wonders all in one card - beautiful

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous vintage image and you showcased it beautifully with the embossing and die cuts, Bonnie!!

HilaryJane said...

I think this has a great vintage look. The image and background are perfect xx

Lisa Elton said...

Your embossing makes a lovely background for this vintage image. Terrific card, Bonnie!

Leslie Miller said...

It looks quite vintage to me and it's beautiful. That's a lovely embossing folder and image. You did good!

Loll said...

Looks fabulously vintage to me!! But I know what you mean. I'm the same with vintage ... rarely a card style I make. Your embossing with the aged look is perfectly paired with your lovely vintage image. Great work, my friend! xx

Pat said...

I think it definitely has the vintage feel Bonnie, and the ochre shade for the pretty background embossing and the holly and berries in a good strong green are complemented perfectly by the pretty vintage scene. A beautiful card. x

Christine Alexander said...

your card is perfectly vintage, your image with the green and light brown are beautiful ♥

Susan said...

You're selling yourself short, Bonnie - that is a great vintage card! The image is perfect, and the background treatment looks appropriately aged.

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous card Bonnie with a distinctly vintage 'vibe'. Well done .
Blessings
Maxine

Bobby said...

You captured the vintage look of the photo with your card background perfectly, Bonnie. The watercolored holly was a great addition.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You do vintage well, it's beautiful. x

Nstiz said...

I'd definitely call this one a success particularly with your creative background. I call it perfect!

Helen said...

I think you do vintage really well! Great card.

Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Darnell said...

This just screams vintage, Bon, and I think you have another win on your hands! It's sensational in every way!! Thank you for playing with my I.D.E.A.S. this week!📌 Love, Dolly

nancy littrell said...

Oh My....Such a beautiful Vintage Christmas Scene, Bonnie:-) Thank you so much for sharing. Love and Hugs....Nancy

lauren bergold said...

OH! MY! GOSH! What an amazingly lovely and elegant card; every element is chosen and created perfectly! So pleased you could join our old-fashioned, vintage-style holiday celebration at Jingle Belles!

mamapez5 said...

I think you have done an excellent vintage card. I love the embossing folder for the background. It works well here. Kate P. x

SmilynStef said...

ooo ... love how you used that embossed texture ... so glad you shared your Christmas Past with us at Jingle Belles.

Trina P. said...

Don’t know what you are talking about not doing vintage well. Your vintage card is fabulous!