Monday, August 19, 2024

Peony Bundle

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have a new 3D Embossing Folder.
Are you shocked?


I embossed some Tim Holtz Watercolor paper and colored with Zigs and a
waterbrush.  It was a lot of fun. 


The peonies in my garden are very light pink, almost white and I wondered if 
I could color some similar.

I chose a light green for a background and embossed it.
To color, I used a finger dauber and white pigment ink to lightly rub over
the embossed flowers.  I didn't want to flatten the embossing so I went over it many
times to build the color.

To add a tint of pink and color the leaves, I used my Caran d'ache 
Supracolor pencils.  To keep it very light, I swiped my waterbrush over the point
of the pencil to pick up color.

Once the coloring was done and the ink was dry, I placed it back in 
the embossing folder and took care of any flattening the coloring caused.

Some Nuvo drops brightened the berries.

I think this will make a great Winter card.

I'm joining our fantastic friend Darnell in her I.D.E.A.S. Monday using Embossing.

Challenges:
Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. - 3rd week Embossing

 









Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Bouquet of Thanks (SSS)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Watercolor (TH), Primitive White
Other:  Peony Bundle 3D EF (SSS), Zigs (Lt. Carmine, Carmine Red, Yellow, Olive Green, Pale Dawn, Gray, Violet), 1.5 mm gems (Dreamtime Creations), Curved Cap Pinpoint Layers Die (MB), Black Twine

Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Whisper White
Paper:   Soft Seafoam, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils (Scarlet, Lt. Olive, Khaki Green, Olive, Chestnut), (BP Merry & Bright Sentiment Strips Plate used for foiling, Gold Foil,


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

24 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

These peonies are both absolutely beautiful Bonnie, and your coloring fabulous! I'm especially loving the soft coloring of the 2nd card and seeing the depth and dimension of that one a bit more than the first one too! Both sooooo pretty though my friend! Can definitely tell you had fun coloring them up! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Shocked? I nearly fell off my chair! Ha - not one bit really and your collection gets more beautiful with each addition, Bonnie! LOve the detail and how you've drawn it all out with color - even that kiss of pink!
=]

Sandy said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous! The first one is a blue ribbon winner for sure. The only word I can come up with for the red colors is delicious. I don't know where you keep all the card making goodies that you own. And you are soooo productive! I seem to bumble stumble along but I love what I am doing. That's the name of the game - to love what you do.
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

I thought "How gorgeous" when I saw the pink peonies and then my jaw dropped upon seeing the white ones. You did an amazing job of coloring both of them, Bonnie. You have the magic touch with embossing folders.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are stunning cards. x

Loll said...

Both cards are beautiful with your colouring, Bonnie. I LOVE the vibrancy of your pink flowers ... gorgeous. The soft white ones look amazing on the green card stock. Amazing colouring of both, my friend! xx

Darnell said...

You need to make room on your gallery wall for these two works of art, Bon! You have colored your new e/f perfectly and I love both the vibrant design and the dreamy light pink design! Thank you for playing with your e/f for this week's I.D.E.A.S.📌(and the sweet shout-out!)! Hugs, Dolly

HilaryJane said...

and what a beautiful embossing folder it is too. I particularly like the second one with that soft green and pinky white flowers. Beautiful xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Who could resist that ef? Just love both versions of it, Bonnie - gorgeous pinks on card one and whites on card two. Love the frames on #2 and the bow on #1 too!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Both jaw dropping gorgeous. I'm impressed with how you accomplished the white on the soft green. It came out amazing!

Pat said...

The two cards made using this Peony EF are beautiful Bonnie, and they look so different with the first in the lovely bright red, and then the second with the very soft and pretty pink and love the berries too. You have so many fabulous 3D embossing folders to choose from it must be incredibly difficult to decide which to use. x

Lisa Elton said...

You put that new toy to good use, Bonnie! These are both fabulous. I'm partial to that soft pink version!

Darlene said...

WOW!! Both cards are gorgeous my friend! BEAUTIFUL coloring and love your designs! I too have peonies of this light pink color. Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

JoAnn said...

Two more gorgeous cards Connie. You do amazing work with those e/f and your coloring. I love the vibrant pink ones on your first card, but the white w/pink on the green is beautiful also. Love them both.

JoAnn said...

Ooops, hit the wrong key Bonnie (not Connie - Ha!)

Nance said...

Wow, too very different looks with the same folder. Great coloring. I think my fave is the 2nd then I'm partial to pink flowers. Had a lot of fun today! Thanks to your help I feel better at Betterpressing! :D

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie your 'colouring' of the embossing on both cards is amazing - you are quite the artist! With loads of patience also :) Loving the results both times
Blessings
Maxine

nancy littrell said...

Both your embossed Peonies Flowers cards are absolutely Stunning and Precious, Bonnie:-) Thank you so much for sharing. Love and hugs...Nancy

Nstiz said...

WOW on both cards. I did try and tint an embossed image and it was a mess! No way could I do this. You did an amazing job on these. Both are extremely impressive!

TK said...

Oh boy! These are gorgeous, Bonnie! Your coloring is perfect, and it's easy to see why this 3d landed in your cart

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Such gorgeous blooms! I didn’t even realize that was an embossed image. Good job on the colouring, stunning! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful CAS card with us at The Krafty Chicks Challenge! So nice to see you in the gallery.
Diane - DT KCC

Susan said...

Beautiful use of that gorgeous embossing folder! Love the colouring on the first one and the embellishment with the twine bow. Love the soft colours in the second one and the way you used the thin white frames.

Trina P. said...

One EF, two beautiful yet such different looks. I absolutely LOVE the 2nd card! Your garden must be gorgeous IRL.

Christine Alexander said...

Two gorgeous cards Bonnie and the peonies are beautifully coloured. I meant to have thanked you earlier for my beautiful Birthday card and those wonderful orca die cuts ♥