Saturday, August 10, 2024

Shimmery Wings

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I've mentioned my Craft Group several times.
We meet once a month for lunch and crafty time.  There are six of us in the group
and we take turns hosting the lunch and leading the craft.  It's a wonderful group of
ladies that have become treasured friends and each of us has a wealth of crafty ideas
to share.

Jan was our hostess last month and she had found a new product called
Fusible Angelina Fibers.  See that wonderful shimmer?



It reminded me of cotton candy the way we pulled it apart.  Then we formed it together in
a piece big enough to cut our image and folded it into a doubled piece of parchment
paper.  A warm iron and slight pressing fuses it together in a sheet that
can be die cut.

It worked best to lay it on a piece of cardstock and cut them together.

I gently peeled the fiber die cut from the cardstock and added the top piece
of the butterfly over top.

Jan had some embossed pieces ready for us to mount our die cuts on so
this card was finished except for the sentiment.


I had a good sized piece after fused fiber that was enough for a dragonfly too.
I brought it home and mounted it on an embossed piece in my stash.

I did need to add some glue to the areas where the cardstock had peeled from
the fibers.


I also fused a piece of purple to bring home with me and used my favorite
Dreamy Butterfly die to pop on a die cut and embossed background.

I had just a smidge left to put behind the sentiment.

I wish I'd popped up the design, but it's too late now.
On the plus side, it will be easy to mail.




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Fancy Greetings (Alt)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Angelina Fibers, Drifting Side Butterfly (MB), Beautiful Butterflies 3D EF (SB), Black Sharpie

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps: Easy Expressions Original (Ton) 
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Marina Mist, Black
Other:  Angelina Fibers, Jumbo Curio Dragonfly (Grtry), Leaf Bundle 3D EF (SSS), Easy Expressions Die (Ton)

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Angelina Fibers, Dreamy Butterfly Die (MB), Everyday Sentiments Foil Plate (SB), Gold Foil, Hexagon Frames (PB), Criss Cross Motif 3D EF (SB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

Sandy said...

Both butterflies really have the WOW factor. Beautiful stuff what ever it is. My favorite is the first card -
Sandy xx

I Card Everyone said...

All three of your cards are gorgeous with your fibrous creations as the star - you 'had me' at the 'hitchhiker!' These are the kinds of supplies I would never hear of if it weren't for you and your friends, Bonnie! Thank you!
=]

JoAnn said...

Wow, 3 gorgeous cards with these shiny fibers. Sounds like an interesting product. Glad you have such fun with your crafting group each month. I have several ladies that get together to make cards once a month and we all enjoy it.

Bobby said...

That fluff sounds interesting, Bonnie, and it sure does add a wonderful shimmer to the wings of the butterflies and dragonfly.

Heather said...

What a beautiful discovery! Your bright white cards look stunning with the shimmery features.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

All of them gorgeous. x

Pat said...

It actually has been around for quite a while..I think I have seen Barbara Gray over at Clarity use it. It is great to see how it compresses and sticks together with heat, and the blue and the purply pink you have used here look fabulous and they both work brilliantly for the two different butterflies and the dragonfly and love the different embossed backgrounds and lovely sentiments. x

Patricia said...

Beautiful Cards, Bonnie! I love those sparkly butterflies!

Loll said...

Each card is so beautiful. This fusible fibre is amazing. What a great bunch of crafters you meet. xx

Jan said...

Simply Brilliant!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I've never hear of that product but it sure gives pretty results! These are wonderful, Bonnie!

Jeanne H said...

Just lovely cards. Lucky you having the sparkling stuff.

Trina P. said...

Never heard of Angelina Fibers, but the sparkle looks amazing, indeed! Fabulous cards.

Marcia Hill said...

I've never heard of the fusible Angelina fibers either, but boy does it pack of punch of sparkling goodness! Three absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards where you let those fibers be the star of the show on each one! Your crafty group sounds like so much fun...almost like Michele and I, but we're a lot smaller group with just the 2 of us! Haha!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wonderful texture and shimmer on all three cards, Bonnie!!

LeAnne said...

Wowza! That stuff has some definite glimmer power! Just gorgeous! The CAS designs really allow those images to shine!

Brenda in IN said...

What a great look on cards with such sparkle. This is a new product to me but it is gorgeous. I love each card made with it.

Nance said...

These are so pretty, Bonnie! Sounds like a process but final look is worth it. So shimmery! I think my fave is the dragonfly.

nancy littrell said...

Three Gorgeous die cut very special cards, Bonnie:-) I could not choose a favorite:-) I can't wait for you to design more cards using the products:-) Thank you so much for sharing. Love and Hugs...Nancy

TK said...

Wow! That shine is gorgeous, and great luscious colors too! You made beautiful cards with the product, Bonnie

kiwimeskreations said...

Thank you for sharing these amazing cards Bonnie - I have some of these fibres, and had forgotten how to use them... oops. You have inspired me to have a go
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

What a fabulous shine those fibers give...just magical.

Denise Bryant said...

I remember using the angelina fibers from many years ago! I'm thinking they were popular over 20 years back! How fun to see them again! Your cards are beautiful!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful collection of butterfly cards, I love all the sparkle and shimmer ♥

Susan said...

I've never heard of that product but need to check it out as I love the shimmer and texture of it! Three beautiful cards!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my WOW! I can see the texture and quality of the fusible shiny fibers. Your butterflies and dragonfly look amazing!