Thursday, June 8, 2023

Alstoemeria Bunch Happy Birthday

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm back again at Seize the Birthday as their Surprise Party Guest.

Who doesn't love a birthday party!


 

I have used this wonderful 3D Embossing Folder with Die from Simon Says.
I embossed on Neenah Solar White and cut the flower from Fabriano Watercolor paper.

To color, I used Distress Oxide inks and a sponge dauber, then went over the coloring
with a damp waterbrush. It's such an easy way to get that watercolor look!

I had to hunt, but I found a banner die in my stash.  After cutting it, I added a gold
embossed sentiment.

As usual, I overdid it with splatters.  It was an easy fix with the waterbrush and
a little blending over the flower.  I used a gold gel pen to add some gold highlights
to tie in with the banner.

Remember you don't have to use the topping on your birthday card to join the party.
Just be sure that it's a birthday card.  And if you're a topping kind of person, you can add
a birthday banner.  Hope to see you over at Seize the Birthday.

Now let's go see what that awesome Design Team and Guest Designers have done.


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Fun Birthday Sentiments (HLS-OOB)
Ink:   Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness (DOX), Versafine Onyx Black, Encore Gold
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Watercolor (Fabriano Extra White Cold Press)
Other:  Alstroemeria Bunch EF & Die (SSS), Sponge Daubers, Banner Die (?), Gold EP, Gold Gel Pen, Posca Pen for splatters


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

34 comments:

Loll said...

I am loving the 3D embossing folders with matching dies. The alstromeria is a gorgeous colour and I love the splattering of gold to tie it to sentiment banner. Congrats again on being GD at Seize the Birthday, my sweet friend! xx

Jeanne H said...

I've never heard of this flower, but your card is lovely.

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I am so happy to see this wonderful flower again - so pretty in this rich raspberry!
You are such a wonderful party guest - love the gold edging on your banner!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

What a pretty card Bonnie...I love that flower and matching embossed background! I love how you water colored the Alstromeria too and will have to try that technique! (And I have just the flower to try it on as I still have the 2 you sent me!!) Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

This is just gorgeous, love that embossing and the flower looks amazing xx

Barbara said...

Bonnie this flower is just amazing it looks so real. Glad that you decided to use it. The flower image on the embossed background makes for a scrumptious card.

Nstiz said...

Wow! Your coloring on this is superb! Love the shading and the added touches of gold. I've never successfully colored a die cut and usually have a mess. This one is done perfectly! A beautiful card, Bonnie!

JoAnn said...

Love your gorgeous flower and the pretty colors. How neat that the embossed background matches the flower. Glad you found a banner die for our sentiment. Love everything about your card. So glad to have you as our party guest at STB.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the pop of color against the white background! So pretty.

Nancy said...

Bonnie, I wanted to come by and tell you once again how beautiful this card is. You are really an exceptional guest that we are enjoying!

Pat said...

The Alstoemeria flower is beautiful Bonnie and pretty bright colours too, and perfect placed over the coordinating 3D embossed background in white, and the perfect banner sentiment too. x

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely, Bonnie! The little touch of gold adds a wonderful elegance to that fabulous raspberry flower!

Sandy said...

Beautiful - gorgeous color on the flower - that is the first thing I noticed!
Sandy xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful, elegant CAS card Bonnie. Love it
Blessings
Maxine

TK said...

Stunning, Bonnie! The folder and your colored flower are just fantastic, so pretty

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful coloring on the flower and the embossing folder makes for a lovely backdrop.

Brenda in IN said...

The flower looks so real. It is beautiful and the color is so pretty. I love how you did it. You are such a delightful party guest!

jimlynn said...

So beautiful and I love that embossing folder. The flower jumps off the page and is gorgeous! Love it!
Lynn

Bobby said...

So beautiful, Bonnie! I have the ones you sent me on my desk ready to color. Now that you've inspired me I'm going to finish them today.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, gorgeous! One of my favorite new things is the fabulous array of 3D embossing folders with dies on the market these days. Your coloring of this is exquisite, Bonnie. Congrats on your party guest spot!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This card is really lovely, the embossing and colouring are so beautiful, Bonnie.
Faith x

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Another fabulous party guest inspiration card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the vivid flower atop the embossed background, Bonnie!!

Susan said...

Beautiful embossing folder background and gorgeous flower! I'm off to England this afternoon and taking as much of a computer break as I can while there so forgive the lack of comments from me for the next two and a half weeks!

JulieP said...

This is stunning Bonnie!!! I love how your background embossing mimicks your gorgeous floral. We're so happy to have you here at STB!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, love the 3D embossing background, the flower itself is gorgeous and I love the way you colored it. The banner for your sentiment is perfect. Hugs, Brenda

Carole said...

What a beautiful Alstroemeria, superbly coloured and a fabulous card. xx

shirley-bee said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie! I love how the embossed background mimics the focal alstroemeria, which is beautifully coloured.

Linda said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. So happy to have you as our Surprise Party Guest this month. Love your popped flower on top of that pretty embossed floral. Your coloring is perfect as always.

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card Bonnie, love the embossing with the matching flower. Those colours are gorgeous too, thankyou for guesting with us once again, Cathy x

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congrats on the Surprise Party Guest at Seize the Birthday, Bonnie!
Your Alstroemeria is gorgeous with your wonderful coloring! Love the echoing effect on the background and the gold and white details!
Hideko xx

Ashwini Rao said...

Definitely a sweet card! I love the splashes of gold on this one. A great use of the banner as well! Thank you so much for this awesome inspiration!

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely stunning Bonnie! Your flower is spectacular and the embossed background is the perfect backdrop.

BożenA said...

Another beautiful card with this Peruvian lily. A fantastically designed card.
xx