Monday, June 26, 2023

Butterflies for Craft Group

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

We're still not seeing many butterflies or bees in our yard.

But I have an abundance of butterflies in my craft collection. 


I needed to make some butterfly cards for our Craft Group swaps this month.

  The hardest thing about this assignment was deciding which butterfly to use.  
I ended up going with this large one from Penny Black's Butterfly Trio.

I stamped and heat embossed a few on mixed media paper.  Some were embossed with 
white and some with black.

Then I colored with Distress Markers and my waterbrush changing up the colors.

No die for this stamp, but it's easy to fussy cut.

I am accumulating some beautiful 3D embossing folders from the Spellbinders club.  So
I embossed a few backgrounds to mount the butterflies on.

Here's another that won't make it to the craft group...


The swaps and aqua butterfly card are A6 size cards and I embossed the flap of an
envelope to go with each.

Here's a peek at the swaps with the black embossing.



Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - Embossing folder w Butterfly
Penny Black Saturday - ATG using Penny Black




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Butterfly Trio (PB)
Ink:   Whisper White, Blueprint Sketch, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet (DM)
Paper: Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Solar White, Blueberry Bushel
Other:  White EP, WOS, Spring Burst 3D EF (Spl), Rainbow Sparkle Jewels (Lucy's Little Things)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Butterfly Trio (PB)
Ink:   Whisper White, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet (DM)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Solar White, Coastal Cabana
Other:  White EP, 3D Patchwork EF (Spl), Rainbow Sparkle Jewels (LLT)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful butterfly cards and very colorful. Love them all, especially the blue one. :)
Have a wonderful week my friend.

I Card Everyone said...

I've never met a butterfly that I didn't love - your gorgeous specimens today are no exception, Bonnie! As much as I love this lovely purple- blue, and aqua those embossed in black have my heart today!
Our milkweed is blossoming: come and get it flutterby friends! We'll be watching for eggs and getting the house ready for you!
=]

Loll said...

This large butterfly is so pretty and looks amazing in all the different colours, Bonnie. I especially love the ones embossed in black --- the contrast is so striking. xx

Bobby said...

That is such a lovely butterfly no matter the color, Bonnie. I love all your embossing, especially the flowers that the butterflies can perch on.

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful collection of butterfly cards Bonnie! They are all absolutely GORGEOUS and I'm loving all the colors you used too! AND the embossed backgrounds! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness gracious that's a lot of gorgeous butterflies and embossed backgrounds!

BożenA said...

An impressive set of wonderful cards, Bonnie. I love all the embossed backgrounds on your cards. A small detail that does a great job.
hugs,
BozenA

HilaryJane said...

Wonderful set of cards, love all the different colours and great to see you using your embossing folders xx

Pat said...

What a fabulous PB butterfly image and love all the different colours with the white and black embossing Bonnie, but I think I do just favour the black which makes them really pop against the white embossed backgrounds...a gorgeous selection of 3D embossing folders too. x

Brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful butterfly cards Bonnie! I love the embossing folders you used with those butterflies. I think my favorite are the black embossed one, boy do those colors pop with the black embossing! Hugs, Brenda

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous cards, with stunning butterflies, Bonnie. Love.

jimlynn said...

All of these are so beautiful! I love the pop of the black on the butterflies and that beautiful embossing. Lovely cards!
Lynn

Lisa Elton said...

I haven't seen many butterflies either, Bonnie. Yours are a refreshing sight! I think your set of black embossed are my favorite! They really pop!

Papercraft Boutique said...

These butterfly cards are gorgeous, Bonnie! Love the colors of all butterflies, and the background texture! My hat's off to you for fussy-cutting all these butterflies!!
Hideko xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful kaleidoscope of butterflies, Bonnie. Loving those fabulous embossed backgrounds also.
Blessings
Maxine

nancy littrell said...

Beautifully watercolored fussy cut butterflies, Bonnie. I love your different 3D folders backgrounds and colored card bases that match your butterflies. Wonderful to have cards without sentiments in your stash too. Your girls in your class will LOVE your projects. TFS my sweet friend...Love and Hugs...Nancy

TK said...

Beautiful cards, Bonnie! Love the embossing, dry and heat, plus your colors chosen are terrific. I see no sentiments so they'll be great for "the need", as it arises

Darlene said...

OH WOW! These are ALL just beautiful Bonnie! You go girl!! What gorgeous inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
Can You Handle the Pressure
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

Nstiz said...

These are fantastic and LOVE all the beautiful colors. What a wonderful embossing folder too. Some day hope to see your collection. Great card, Bonnie!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful set of butterfly cards. The black outline ones really pop and stand out.

Robyn Oliver said...

WOW Bonnie, I love your array of butterfly cards.. each of lovely coloured butterfly against the embossed background look amazing... Robyn

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful butterfly cards! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

corysnana said...

Gorgeous card designs, Bonnie. I especially love the one with the purples and blues!