Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Off the Edge for Group of Seven Cardmakers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

We're doing something different at Group of Seven Cardmakers this month.
Instead of a new technique, we are using an oldie but goodie; Off the Edge.


A sweet friend gifted me with this fern stamp and another friend inspired me with a beautiful
birthday card using this stamp.  I pretty much copied the coloring of the ferns f
rom that birthday card.  Thank you for the wonderful inspiration, Nancy! 

Placing the stamp and paper so the stamp set off the edge, I used my MISTI and first 
inked the stamp with light green, gave it a quick spritz and stamped.  
I used a waterbrush to move the ink around.  Then I used a sponge dauber to
add a darker green ink in the middle of each frond.  I kept doing this, using darker inks until
I had the depth of color that I liked.

The bird was cut from Neenah Solar White and colored with Copic Markers
His tail hangs a bit off the edge too.

I finished up with a sentiment and some gold Nuvo drops.

This is such a great technique for a large stamp like this fern.

Let's go see what the rest of the Group of Seven Cardmakers have been creating
 off the edge this month.  And we have an honorary member of our group, 
Nancy (Scandinancy Creates).  I know she will inspire you too.

Challenges:
Penny Black Saturday - ATG/Optional Masculine


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Fresh Fern (PB), Delightful Day (PB)
Ink:   Twisted Citron, Peeled Pant, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Forest Moss (DI), Speckled Egg (DOX), Soft Suede (SU)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Solar White, Cinnamon Cider (SU), Warm Cocoa (GKD)
Other:  Nestled Die (PB), Copic Markers (E00, E11, E33, E23, E25, #27, W0, W1), Bright Gold Crystal Drops (Nuvo)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

28 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE this inspired nature card Bonnie! Love the earthy tones of the beautiful fern leaves and that sweet bird. xx

Carole said...

Wow those ferns look so natural with your little bird perched in them. A lovely card and sentiment. xx

Brenda said...

I haven't seen this technique in a while, forgot how beautiful it is to go off the edge! Your card is stunning Bonnie! I love those ferns and the depth you got with your inks. The gorgeous bird fits perfectly on that fern leaf too. Love this! Hugs, Brenda

nancy littrell said...

Love you beautiful bird and ferns off the edge card, Bonnie:-) Wonderful coloring, framing and framing, my friend. I am so happy to be apart of your awesome GO7 group:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

HilaryJane said...

Your fern looks amazing and your little bird fits perfectly on that frond. Love the look xx

I Card Everyone said...

You've inked, spritzed, stamped, and brushed your way to very realistic and beautiful ferns, my friend! Can't think of a better place to tuck a sweet bird like yours - and OH the sentiment... so sweet from top to bottom and so much love it had to drip off the edge!
=]

Julia Aston said...

wow - a great technique used on the stamping of your off the edge ferns Bonnie - they look SO real and I love your sweet little bird perched on top of one! xx

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

So beautifully created.

LeAnne said...

What a sweet little bird you have nestled among those ferns! So very pretty!

Pat said...

What a sweet bird sitting on the fern branches Bonnie, and love the sentiment and pretty gold Nuvo drops...great finishing touches. x

Bobby said...

The fern looks so realistic, Bonnie, and that bird is as sweet as she can be.

Lisa Elton said...

The ferns are absolutely gorgeous, well done! I love this sentiment too. This is a marvelous card, Bonnie!

Trina P. said...

Tweet gift resulting in this tweet card! I love off-the-edge designs!

kiwimeskreations said...

You didn't copy, you were inspired by the card you saw!! Love the depth of colour on the ferns, and you colouring of the wee bird is gorgeous. a Beautiful card Bonnie
Blessings
Maxine

Leslie Miller said...

I'll take a bird and ferns any day of the week, Bonnie. This is absolutely beautiful, sweet, and quietly soothing.

Brenda in IN said...

This fern is beautiful and I love the watercolor look and how you got it. I want to try this spritzing to make watercolor. The sweet bird and wonderful sentiment steals my heart.

JoAnn said...

Love the fern leaves with the cute bird perched on them. He looks so natural setting there. Great masculine card.

Susan said...

Beautiful card design with the ferns going off the edge! Love the sweet bird! Fabulous colouring! A perfect card for our Group of Seven project this month.

Nstiz said...

Fantastic job with that fern and love the way you colored that bird. I do love that fern stamps although tedious to color it. Outstanding, Bonnie!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. That fern looks so real. Love it!
Lynn

Christine Alexander said...

The fern image is stunning, and I love your little bird nestled among them ♥

Robyn Oliver said...

The sweetest little bird perched among the ferns... love it and your off the page design.. fabulous card Bonnie, hugs Robyn

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, it think the technique adds nice movement.

Marcia Hill said...

You know I love your bird cards Bonnie and this one is no exception!! He is such a sweet little image and I'm loving the softly colored ferns he's resting on too! Beautiful card my friend!! HUgs. :0)

Helen said...

Beautiful card Bonnie - fabulous stamping!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Darnell said...

You truly have the world's greatest selection of bird stamps, Bon! I love this little guy paired with the fantastic ferns and the sweet sediment! A great OTE design! Hugs, Dolly

TK said...

Such a handsome fella perched on those ferns! Love this beautiful card, Bonnie, and the sentiment is pretty spectacular too!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a pretty bird card with a beautiful off-the-edge design, Bonnie! Love the fern's beautiful shades of green! The color of the card base is just like that of the bird's feather, and the dark brown thin frame is a really nice touch!
Hideko xx