Monday, June 12, 2023

Fluffy Chick

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Sharing some fun cards today...


This is actually the second card I made. I stamped this gal with Pool Party ink
and used a damp waterbrush to pull the ink into the feathers. When it was dry,
I restamped with gray Archival ink.

Then I gave her a pedicure and some "lipstick".

And the first card I made....


seemed impossible for me to get good photos with all that shine and sparkle!  
This fluffy gal is aqua and the photo wants to show her more blue.

I've inked this stamp with Distress Ink on watercolor paper, then pulled the color
from the outline with a damp brush.  After blending the color, I stamped again in Archival Ink
to define the feathers a little more.

I wasn't happy with how I colored her feet, so I made her some funky shoes. LOL!
I hope she'll bring a smile to a sweet friend.




Challenges:
Color Hues #65 - Red & Aqua



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Fluffy Chicken 1 (IO), Happy Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Pool Party (SU), Shadow Gray Archival
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Watercolor (Alt), Pool Party, Real Red  (SU)
Other:  Ultra Fine Red Sharpie, Sending Die (SSS), Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die (MFT)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Fluffy Chicken 1 (IO), Banner Sentiments (PB)
Ink:   Broken China (DI), Peacock Feathers (DOX), Shadow Gray Archival
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Watercolor (TH), Red Foil (?)
Other:  Sending Die (SSS), Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils, Lt. Green, Turquoise Blue), Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die (MFT)



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your cards will surely make someone smile. That chick is just too cute. Love the ruby slippers!

Nancy said...

These are so fun and funny, Bonnie! I think next time I am looking at a baby chick I will be checking to see if they have red shoes. Certainly, put a smile on my face this morning! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

Brenda said...

Oh my word, both of these cards are just too cute Bonnie! I love this fluffy gal and I love the way you "dressed" her up. The sparkle, the shine, the funky shoes, the whole nine yards is just too cute and both cards make me smile from ear to ear! Adorable! Hugs, Brenda

I Card Everyone said...

Such a fun Chick! Or is she a Funky Chicken?? No matter the breed you sure brought a smile to my face this morning, Bonnie! Thanks!
=]

jimlynn said...

These make me smile! SO cute and I love the pedicure and lipstick. Of course the shoes are just darling too....I expect her to click her heels together any minute now. Love your cards.
Lynn

Leslie Miller said...

Both cards are absolutely wonderful! They sure made me smile and I know whoever you send them to will get a lot of joy from them, too. Love the bling in the hair of the second chick, and those shoes are fabulous!

Cat Craig said...

Oh I am loving that funky bird...so fun so cute.

Nstiz said...

I laughed out loud at this one and got the biggest kick out of the second one with those shoes! What character you brought to that image. My gosh, this will brighten someone's day! I may have to get that stamp just because it's so fun. Great coloring on her too. This is just great!

Bobby said...

Now that bird knows how to rock her feathers, Bonnie. Definitely smile worthy.

Trina P. said...

Oh my gosh… definitely fun! Made me smile.

Liz said...

Your cards are so cute, Bonnie! xx

Pat said...

I love both your cute chickens Bonnie, and the bright shiny shoes the second is wearing look great, and the wonky stitches rectangular frame is perfect. x

Sandy said...

Sending smiles is right!!! Love the colors on your first card.
Sady xx

Hannelie said...

She will definitely make the recipient smile! Thank you so much for the effort you put in to make our challenge colors shine! Your card is perfect!
Thanks for playing at Color Hues !

nancy littrell said...

OMG..such cute cards, Bonnie. I laughed out loud when I saw the Ruby Shiny Red "Dorothy" slippers on the 2nd card:-) You are so clever and had so much fun creating this cards. TFS my friend. Love an Hugs..Nancy

Marcia Hill said...

Thanks for my morning smile Bonnie...your fluffy chick image is just too CUTE!! And I love the pedicure on the 1st card and the red sparkly shoes on the 2nd card...so fun!! So glad you played along and shared with us at The Color Hues Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

Oh, Bonnie, these made me laugh, they are adorable. The image is so cute, then she got all gussied up with lipstick, necklace and bright little toes to do her strut over to hug you! Then, those slippers, oh my gosh, how cute are they. Bet you haven't heard "gussied up" much lately!

Viv said...

Ha!
These really made me smile Bonnie! Love this mad image!
PS Thanks for the card - really appreciate it. xx

Loll said...

That girl is ready to party! :) Love all the sparkle. xx

HilaryJane said...

You have to smile when you look at these. Brilliant xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Your pair of fluffy chicks really made me smile, Bonnie!!

kiwimeskreations said...

You really have made this wee chick shine on your cards Bonnie - love both your cards, especially the way you have dressed her up :) She is sure to cheer anyone up
Blessings
Maxine

Julie B said...

Your funky chickens certainly brought a smile to my face Bonnie, love the shiny red shoes you used to cover your bloop, ;). Thanks for embracing the colours at Color Hues. :)

JoAnn said...

Love your fun cards with that fluffy chick. Love her pedicure & lipstick on the first and her red slippers on the second. Sure to bring smiles to the recipients.
Have a wonderful day.

Christine Alexander said...

Now that's one fluffy chick, so totally adorable :)

TK said...

Such a diva! She's got all the attitude and a bit of fun too -- she definitely brings smiles

BożenA said...

The blue hen boots are fantastic! You had a brilliant idea to create an original fancy dress hen. Super funny card, Bonnie.
xx