Saturday, June 10, 2023

Purple Alstroemeria

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It's a busy time around here but I have had time to play with my current favorite flower.


I had seen the Alstroemeria blooms in bouquets but didn't know what it was called
until Simon Says Stamp came out with two dies to "die" for.  I can't decide which I like the best!

This time the large die with the matching 3D embossing folder won out.

I used the embossing folder on purple cardstock and gently daubed white ink over the 
raised parts.  The die cut flower was embossed and gently colored with sponge daubers and
touched with a damp waterbrush.

I used a Supracolor pencil with a very sharp point to color the seed details.  When it was
all colored up, I put it back in the embossing folder for another pass through.

I topped it all off with a gold die cut sentiment that's another current favorite in the studio.

Challenges:
The Flower Challenge #81 - Use Your Favorite Flower
Tic Tac Toe Challenge #212 - Diagonal top left to bottom right (ink blending, free, floral)
Just Us Girls #683 - Word Week "Hello"
 

  







Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Whisper White, Wilted Violet, Peeled Paint
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gorgeous Grape, Watercolor (Arches Cold Press), Gold Foil
Other:  Alstroemeria Bunch EF & Die (SSS), Yana's Wonderful Scripted Sentiments Dies (Spl), Sponge Daubers, Waterbrush, Gold Gel Pen, Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencil with very sharp point

Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

jimlynn said...

The details are amazing! Stunning card and beautiful flowers Bonnie.
Lynn

Lisa Elton said...

Alstroemeria was always a customer favorite during my floral design days! Your paper version is lovely, Bonnie. That single flower pops right off your card! You should link this up at Just Us Girls for our word week challenge ~ Hello!

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, another great card using that lovely set. I really like the dark background and your coloring brought the flower to life.

I Card Everyone said...

You are really making a statement with this gorgeous bloom and all this wonderful purple, Bonnie!
I really need to remember this tinge of white on embossing - understated but it really brings out the depth of the embossed pattern.
=]

Nstiz said...

You hit one out of the park with this one, Bonnie! Just WOW on the coloring of that blossom! The background is so beautifully done too. This one is worthy of framing!

LeAnne said...

This is stunning! You really brought this image to LIFE! Gorgeous details!

Pat said...

Fabulous contrast with the dark 3D background with the pretty softer purple for the Alstroemeria flower Bonnie, and a lovely gold die cut sentiment. I think the added white ink blended over the raised areas really brings out the detail too. x

Bobby said...

After seeing your other Alstromeria I did color mine, Bonnie. It's good to have the embossing folder to send it through again since I can see I lost a little dimension. I don't know when I'll post it.

The purple background on your card is gorgeous and really makes the single flower stand out.

Loll said...

The purple embossed background is so striking, especially with the white highlights. Gorgeous Bloom with the soft colours is beautiful, Bonnie and I can see why this die-cut sentiment is a new favourite. Great work, my friend. xx

Jan said...

Beautifully done Bonnie!!! I have these sets too and they are so versatile. Alstroemeria come in so many colors so our choices are abundant....I chose Mauve Alstroemeria to carry for my wedding to match my Dress with baby's breath mixed in the bouquet...oh so many years ago - LOL!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

nancy littrell said...

Thank you, Bonnie for sharing your most recent die cut and dry embossed flower...again!
TFS all the details on how you colored your dry embossed background and your watercolored die cut flower is Stunning. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Brenda said...

Another gorgeous card Bonnie, I love the way the background turned out, the way your flower pops off of it is so beautiful. The thin sentiment in gold is just stunning. Hugs, Brenda

Trina P. said...

So pretty in purple. Love that embossed background… it’s gorgeous.

TK said...

Deep, rich and oh so pretty! A lovely flower, and the dimension is fantastic, Bonnie

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Bonnie - this is exquisite - love the embossed deep purple background and the gorgeous single bloom over it - and the delicate sentiment die cuts. And all so beautifully assembled.... now to go pick up my jaw from the floor....
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

They are also known as peruvian lilies. They are a favorite of mine... they last quite a while as a cut flower. Your card showcases their beauty in such a wonderful way.

Carole said...

Another fabulous card with that beautiful Alstroemeria. Love it! ow if I had put it back in the embossing folder I would have a double image..so well done you! I never think of embossing coloured card either! xx

Marcia Hill said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Bonnie!! Love, LOVE your background and your single bloom just couldn't be any prettier!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Sandy said...

Beautiful!!!!
Sandy xx

Leslie Miller said...

I've loved every Alstromeria card you've ever made, but this with the purple embossing is extra stunning! Wow!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Bonnie this card is fabulous! I love the embossed purple background but that single stem - wow! Thanks for sharing with us over at TicTacToe Challenge this week!

Nancy said...

Another beauty, Bonnie! You have a thing with florals! So happy to see this gorgeous card at Just Us Girls, thanks for playing!

wienerhoneymooners said...

So LOVELY!

Ina G said...

Oh Bonnie you blew me away when I saw this oh so beautiful card. The detail is exceptional and you chose my favourite colour! Love the gold die cut - perfect. Thank you so much for sharing with us at JUGS this week. Swooning!

Nancy Penir said...

Bonnie, this is just stunning. Oh, that background. And the single bloom pops off the rich purple.Beautiful work. Love seeing it in the Flower Challenge lineup!

Christine Alexander said...

absolutely stunning Bonnie, the touch of white on the embossed flowers is so pretty. I'm loving the die cut embossing folder combos xx

BożenA said...

This EF is beautiful and I totally agree with you that it might be among the favourites. I like the beautiful, deep color of the card.
xx