Monday, June 19, 2023

Potpourri Background

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm having so much fun being a party guest at Seize the Birthday that I had
to make another birthday card with a banner.


I've used a NBUS background die for this card.  It's been cut and stacked 
three layers deep.  I sponged some yellow ink in the center of the large flower and
die cut another to place over top.  The leaves were cut from a different NBUS die and 
sponged with colored before tucking them around the flower.

The banner was embossed using a very old PTI die then cut with scissors.

Trying to get my money's worth out of what I buy, I did two more cards
using this background die.

First up....


The smile die is included with the background and also a love die.

And then cutting the large flower from an ink smooshed background...


And there's a little piece of that fun Spellbinders embossing folder that I used before.
 (You can sew more of this embossing folder in action here.)

Be sure to check out what the Design Team have come up with. You're sur
to be inspired.

Don't forget you can do anything as long as it's a birthday card.  The topping is optional
but adds some extra fun!

Challenges:
Color Hues #66 -  Yellow & Green (or in this case Green & Yellow)
Seize the Birthday - ATG Birthday using topping
NBUS #51 - Never Before Used Schtuff (background die)

 




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps: Agapanthus (TT-OOB) 
Ink:   Smoky Gray, Mustard Seed (DOX)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Soft Seafoam
Other:  Potpourri Dies (C9), Basic Bookmark Die (PTI)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Sending You (CreekBank), Bee Kind Toile (Power Poppy)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade (DOX)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Potpourri Dies (C9)

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  
Ink:   Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade (DOX)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Daffodil Delight
Other:  Potpourri Dies (C9), Patchwork 3D EF (Spl)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Three gorgeous ways to use that wonderful background die - I had to pull mine out to find out that you've actually cut out that biggest bloom to showcase it - so clever, Bonnie, and so very beautiful! I especially love it sewn on like a button!
You are such a wonderful party guest!
=]

Bobby said...

You really showed some different ways to use that die in your three fantastic cards, Bonnie. I love the soft green background on the first one with the popped up flower and leaves. The bees on the second one are having a field day among the pretty blossoms and I always love the look smooshing gives a flower. I bought a different but similar die and you've inspired me to make a third card with it. I have two different ones done but not posted anywhere yet.

Marcia Hill said...

I'm loving that Potpourri Die and all that you've done with it Bonnie...3 absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards!! So glad you showed 3 different ways to use it and get your money's worth from it...I really should be doing that with a lot of my supplies! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!! Hugs. :0)

Pat said...

Three beauties using this fun and pretty flowery background die Bonnie, and they all look so different. I must say I particularly love the second because of those sweet little added bees..so cute! x

nancy littrell said...

Three beautifully creative cards using your NBUS dies and all perfect for the 3 challenges you entered, my friend. So much texture and love in each card. TFS Bonnie...Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

Three very fun, uplifting, happy cards Bonnie!! Yellow always brightens the day. Beautiful background die that looks so different on all three cards. Great work, my friend! xx

Karen said...

I can tell you're going to get your money's worth with that lovely background die! Your three cards show the versatility of it for sure! I love them all, and am glad you shared the first one with us at Color Hues!

Nstiz said...

You never seem to run out of unique ideas! The colors on these cards just caught my eye. What fabulous designs. Can't believe you stacked that large die cut three times! Impressive work on these.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful cards, and the more yellow the more drawn in I am. Sweet.

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the die, Bonnie - love your variations and your have made a fabulous trio of cards
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

Three lovely and different cards using those pretty die cuts. You are really getting your money's worth from that die. TFS

Nancy said...

I spotted your first card over at Color Hues and was tickled to see that you gave us more inspiration at Seize the Birthday as well. Thanks for supporting both challenges so much. As for all three of these cards; the soft green on the first one is one of my all-time favorite colors and paired with all that white and a subtle pop of yellow, makes it a show-stopper for sure. Card 2 is so fun with the little bees doing their thing, and card 3 is super cute with the button center! Thanks for being a great guest and for playing along at Color Hues!

JulieP said...

You've certainly created a beautiful trio of cards!!! I love them all but I do think the first one is my fav. Thanks so much for supporting both Seize the Birthday as well as Color Hues!!!

Leslie Miller said...

What fun! So pretty and I love them all! The last one with the mottled flower is a fave for me.

Cindy Beach said...

I just had to stop, Bonnie, and comment on this beauty! I must admit that my motive also had to do with finding the name of that die.Your ways of using it are so inspiring!

HilaryJane said...

Well done for making 3 cards with your new dies. They are all fabulous. I think I am going to have to check out those dies. They may well end up on my wish list. thanks for the inspiration xx

Linda said...

Bonnie, it has so great having you as our Party Guest this month. Three more beautiful cards. It is so nice to be able to get some mileage out of our supplies. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

TK said...

Love both cards, Bonnie, the bright summery colors and pretty details!

Glenda J said...

These are all so lovely Bonnie! The stacked dies results in such a cool effect. Such cheerful and fun designs.

Brenda said...

Wow, I love each of these cards Bonnie! They are so light, airy and cheerful looking! I think you are definitely getting your money's worth from your supplies. I just love these! Hugs, Brenda

Christine Alexander said...

Three beautiful cards, those die cuts are so pretty ♥

Trina P. said...

A trio of terrific cards!

BożenA said...

Three really beautiful cards. I love the extra dimension you got by putting together several layers of floral background. Delicate colors emphasize their beauty.
xx