Thursday, June 15, 2023

Vintage Wreath

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


My sweet friend Michele sent me some of these wreath die cuts.  I have really enjoyed
putting them on cards.  Thanks again, dear friend.

Since this one was stamped on Bristol, I colored with Distress Markers and my waterbrush.
Extra detail was added with watercolor pencils.

I used a Quickie Glue Pen to go around the outline between the sentiment and foliage,
then heat embossed with Antique Gold Embossing Powder.

To put the focus on the poinsettia in this wreath, I chose this gorgeous poinsettia 3D
Embossing Folder.



Challenges:
Inkspirational - Seasonal (Winter-Christmas)
Peace on Earth - ATG Christmas inspired by top right photo in mood board

  




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Vintage Wreath (LI-OOB)
Ink:   Tuxedo Black, Distress Markers
Paper: Bristol
Other:  Vintage Wreath Die (LI-OOB), Scenic Poinsettias 3D EF (Spl), Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils, Quickie Glue Pen, Antique Gold EP (SSS)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful wreath, beautifully colored!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful wreath die and a beautiful card for the holidays. Love your coloring on this Bonnie.
Lynn

Marcia Hill said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie!! I have this wreath stamp (somewhere!) and it hasn't seen ink in years...WHY??!! You've reminded me just how beautiful it is and you've colored it perfectly too! Loving the embossed Poinsettia background too! Lovely, lovely classic Christmas card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Bonnie and how lovely of Michelle to send you some of these pretty images. I love the beautiful colouring and touch of gold embossing around the circle and the wreath has a great vintage feel, and backed by that wonderful 3D embossed poinsettia EF..perfect! x

Bobby said...

I got a few of those die cuts too, Bonnie, but mine never turned out as beautiful as this. Your coloring is amazing the the gold embossing adds such a bright accent.

JoAnn said...

Your coloring is gorgeous on this pretty Vintage Wreath. Love how you did the gold embossing around the sentiment. The poinsettia embossing was a perfect background. Gorgeous Christmas card.

I Card Everyone said...

yep. I am certainly WOWed and sweetly surprised, Bonnie! Look how pretty that little wreath is in your hands! I always loved that little cotton boll they tucked into that wreath - thanks for this beautiful reminder to play at Peace on Earth!
=]

Loll said...

Beautiful! Love your colouring of this gorgoeus wreath. You always find the most gorgeous embossing folders. xx

Brenda said...

That Michele is a sweetheart isn't she?! Love her dearly. I also love this card Bonnie, it's so beautiful, so elegant and so perfect for Christmas. The embossing works so well with your watercolored wreath, which is watercolored so beautifully! Hugs, Brenda

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So elegant with the added gold, Bonnie, and I love your watercoloring on this beautiful image!!

Nonni said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the way you brought the poinsettias as your main element by using that embossing folder. Stunning! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful wreath Bonnie - and your coloring of it is beautiful! So pretty with the added embossing of gold on the circle - and the embossed background adds lovely subtle texture! thanks for joining us at Inksirational: Seasonal! Julia xx

Christine Alexander said...

OMG that wreath is so beautiful, your colouring is amazing. I might have to hunt that one out :)

nancy littrell said...

Your watercoloring of your stamped and die cut vintage wreath gifted by Marcia I so beautiful, Bonnie. Love how you used the 3D poinsettia for your background. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

Your colouring of the wreath is incredible Bonnie - when I grow up I want to be able to colour like that!! Love the end result, and the touch of gold embossing is perfect.
Blessings
Maxine

Nstiz said...

You painted that? What fabulous work, Bonnie! I would have guessed washi tape. Extraordinary coloring on this. This is just gorgeous!

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous Bonnie!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

HilaryJane said...

What a perfect little Christmas card. Your wreath is stunning xx

TK said...

Great wreath card, and your ring of gold really brought a pop of interest to an already pretty element!

ElizStewart said...

Bonnie... this is gorgeous!Love everything about this card.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. The colours are classic. Love that EF, which I have yet to rescue from my NBUS pile. 🫣

cm said...

Hello Bonnie...popping in to let you know that your gorgeous vintage wreath is a Top Pick over at Inkspirational! Yayyy! Thank you so much for playing along; hope you'll do so often.
~carol

BożenA said...

I was sure that this wreath was a ready-made, colorful element that you used. It looks so professional, as if it was colored by a professional artist. Big WOW Bonnie.
xx