Saturday, October 28, 2023

CAS for JUGS

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It's my final week Guest Designing with the Just Us Girls Challenge.  It has been such fun 
joining in with this lovely group that has welcomed me so warmly.  
Thank you for the opportunity to join your fabulous Design Team this month.


The challenge this week is....

I apologize to those who don't like spiders.  But this guy is so cute! 
He's not scary at all!

He's hanging in the middle of the card and needed something to help him
stand out.  I had a new pumpkin die set and used it to cut a stencil of the outline.

After ink blending some orange ink through the stencil, I used the dies that are
for cutting layers for the pumpkin to trace around with a colored pencil to
give the pumpkin some dimension.

I hope you'll go to the JUGS website and see what the Design Team has done
to inspire you.  Once inspired, use the center of your card to make something to
share over there.

Challenges:
Just Us Girls - Use Just the Center of Your Card (remember to keep it CAS)
Double D - Pumpkins
NBUS #55  -  Never Before Used Schtuff (Pumpkin Die)
Simply Clean And Simple -  Option Autumn 
Stencil Fun - Use a Stencil - Using Option of ORANGE



 



 

Card Recipe
Stamps:  August Limited Edition (Unity)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black, Carved Pumpkin, Ripe Persimmon, Vintage Photo (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Vellum (For stencil)
Other:  Copics (V05, V04), Into the Blooms-Pumpkins (PTI), Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils (Orange, VanDyke Brown), Crystal Glaze, Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die (MFT)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!




23 comments:

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Such a clever way to use your pumpkin die as a stencil for your awesome..use just the center CAS card for the Just Us Girls Challenge, Bonnie. You have been an inspiring Guest of Honor... I have been concentrating on Christmas cards the last couple of weeks for my stash...I just hit 50, so can now play in some challenges. I always make about 60 cards and a few tags, so feeling much better about my goal. TFS Love and Hugs, dear friend.

cm said...

Your spider certainly is cute; I think that's because he's fuzzy! Your pumpkin and spider pairing are perfect for this challenge and for wishing someone a wicked good day! Thank you so much for being our guest designer this month, with cards that are inspired and inspiring!
~carol

Darlene said...

Oh Bonnie ... this is fabulous! I've never seen a spider quite so cute! LOL Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple, Double D & Stencil Fun challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

I Card Everyone said...

I'm not one bit afraid of your eight-legged friend today - though 'cute' isn't a word I'd normally use to describe a spider! lol You get an A++ for ingenuity today - love how your clever stenciling kept the layers down to a minimum on your CAS card!
You have been such a wonderful guest designer, Bonnie! I've loved every card!
Can't wait to play along!
=]

Barbara said...

I am impressed with the Halloween card! I have seen a lot recently on the web, but I think this one I will remember. Great pumpkin and that spider! Oh MY!So glad to see you here at Double D Challenge.

Viv said...

How can anyone be afraid of this cute spider?!
Just a fab card Bonnie! x

Carol said...

This is just adorable Bonnie! I have a pumpkin ready to go in a couple of weeks similar to this...yours made me smile as soon as I saw it. We were so happy you guested with us this month too. Hope to see you in the gallery!!!

Nancy said...

It has been such a pleasure having you with us this month at Just Us Girls. Your cards have been so wonderful! I am not a huge fan of spiders but this one is too cute to spook. Your pumpkin looks terrific and awesome font on that sentiment too. Take care!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Only time of year I like spiders. This is a super fun card. Thanks so much for joining JUGS for the month of October You were a fabulous Guestie 😊

Marcia Hill said...

I don't mind paper spiders at all and this one IS a cutie! The pumpkin was a great way to ground him and perfect for keeping the card CAS and centered! Awesome card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Cute! Love all the imagination you used to get your colored pumpkin, lots of out-of-the-box uses for your dies

HilaryJane said...

Great card. I don't like spiders, but you ar right, yours is quite cute. Great idea with the pumpkin xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling card with the pumpkin center focal point, Bonnie! My sister-in-law would freak out with the spider, but I agree - he's a cutie!!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous CAS card Bonnie! And yes, your spider does look cute but I still don't trust him!! Vicky x

Trina P. said...

Wicked fun and spooktacular!

Bunny said...

Wicked good card. Love it.

Sue VanDeVusse said...


Absolutely brilliant to use the die as a stencil! Your pumpkin looks fabulous and that spider handing from the sentiment is so cute. Thank you for joining us this past month as our very talented Guest Designer!

ElizStewart said...

OMGosh Bonnie... that spider is adorable! Love it. Thanks so much for being our guestie... we loved having you!

Nstiz said...

Love the way you colored that pumpkin and love your friendly spider. What a fun design and great sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

You rocked your guest design gig, Bonnie! Your finale card is spooktacular! I like the arrow pointing down at the spider. Thanks so much for joining us this month!

Ina G said...

Finally back online to now play catch up commenting. WOW! what a fantabulous fun wicked card you created here Bonnie. Yes the spider 'is' cute especially in front of that awesome pumpkin. So thrilled and happy you were our Guest this month at JUGS.

Bobby said...

Brilliant idea to make a stencil from the die to make a one layer card, Bonnie. I guess I'm one of the few who isn't afraid of spiders. ;) You have inspired us all with your wonderful cards this month.

BożenA said...

Great Halloween card. I love this beautiful pumpkin infested with a spider. The inscription looks really scary :-) Congratulations on joining JUG as a GD.
xx