Thursday, October 12, 2023

Pink Christmas

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It's October and Breast Cancer Awareness month so there's lots of pink cards out there.

 


I pulled out  a stencil that had been in my collection for a long time, but I'm
not sure that I ever used it.  I love it though and it makes lovely poinsettias.

I masked off the leaves with some low tack tape while I stenciled the flowers,
then moved the tap to the flowers to stencil the leaves.  I missed a spot in the middle
so I added a few more leaves there and it was a good place for a die cut.

I have an embossing folder that is a near perfect match so I added an
embossed background and die cut and framed the flowers.

The gals at Jingle Belles are donating $2.00 each for every entry in this challenge.
They've been doing this every year and I know it is helping to make great strides in the
treatment of breast cancer.  My Mom had breast cancer in 1968 and I am so thankful that
there are better and more successful treatments for breast cancer now.
Thank you Belles!


Challenges:  
Inkspriational #300 - Matching Envelope
Jingle Belles - Dreaming of a pink Christmas
Krafty Chicks #685 - Christmas
Tic Tac Toe #229 - Used bottom row (Matching Envelope, Die Cut, Stencil

 
  


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Kitsch Flamingo, Worn Lipstick, Rustic Wilderness, Wild Honey (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil
Other:  Poinsettia Layering Stencil (TH), Greetings Die (PB), Elegant Layers Dies (MFT)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

28 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I adore pink at Christmas and so I'm happy to see these deep pink poinsettias, Bonnie - what a gorgeous stencil for a gorgeous card!
=]

jimlynn said...

Very pretty stencil and love the way you framed it out too. The embossing folder is so lovely with the poinsettias.
Lynn

Vicky Hayes said...

So pretty Bonnie and thanks for the heads up about the jingle Belles breast cancer challenge. Definitely one to join in with! Vicky x

JoAnn said...

Such pretty pink poinsettias and they are framed beautifully. Love everything about your card. TFS

Brenda said...

Oh I love this card Bonnie! Yes, this is the month for pink! And your poinsettia's look amazing, loving that stencil. The gold joy looks to pretty in the center too as does the dry embossing folder you used. Very festive! And how about the gals at Jingle Belles for donating $2 for each entry?!! That is amazing! Treatments have come a long way since your mother had to fight breast cancer, but sadly there are still those who lose their lives to it. Which just stinks, cancer stinks! Hugs, Brenda

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous pink poinsettias, Bonnie, and I love how you've framed them with the embossed panel!

Lisa Elton said...

I love every fabulous detail on this beautiful card, Bonnie!

Marcia Hill said...

I had a real pink Poinsettia in my house last Christmas and it didn't match anything, but I absolutely LOVED it, and I'm loving your beautifully stenciled pink Poinsettia's too Bonnie! Love how you framed it and the white embossed card base too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Absolutely gorgeous poinsettia Bonnie. Well done masking all those little holly leaves and adding the colours. Stunning card ♥

nancy littrell said...

Beautifully stenciled poinsettias, Bonnie and I love how you used your 3D Embossed poinsettias for your background. TFS your beauty, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Susan said...

What a beautiful poinsettia card! Wonderful stencilling and a perfect embossed background!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a beautiful card Bonnie - loving the deep pink poinsettias! The gold sentiment is the perfect finish to your stencilled panel.
I hear you about the breast cancer treatments - although my daughter didn't do too well on the drug she was given. With the stats being as low as they are for a reoccurrence of her cancer after a mastectomy, 2.7%, she has chosen to go off them and live, not just drag herself through life as was happening.
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

I LOVE that stencil done in pink, Bonnie. And you are right, it's a perfect match to the embossed background. Gorgeous together! And LOVE the shape of your stenciled panel.

I've played along with the Jingle Belles a few times in the past for this very special Breast Cancer Awareness challenge and hope to again this year. xx

Bobby said...

Masking parts of a stencil can be a pain but with lovely results like this it's worth it, Bonnie. I love how you framed out the poinsettias and added them to the embossed background. I didn't know about Jingle Belles. I'll have to check it out.

Brenda in IN said...

This is such a great thing the Jingle Belles are doing for breast cancer. Your card is so pretty, Bonnie. I love the embossing folder that goes right along with the stencil and that frame is so cool.

Pat said...

Beautiful 3D embossed and stencilled poinsettias and love the shape of the frame around the pretty coloured stencilled flower layer... brilliantly done Bonnie. x

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie - your stencilling is fantastic. x

Karren said...

This is gorgeous! The pop of colour in the centre really draws the eye. Thanks so much for joining us at Tic Tac Toe.

HilaryJane said...

I love how you have framed your poinsettias and that embossing folder makes the perfect background xx

Trina P. said...

You worked your magic with this NBUS stencil. This is gorgeous and a well deserved win at TTTC! Congratulations. 🎉🎉

Julia Aston said...

Love the white embossing behind the lovely framed poinsettia stenciling Bonnie! Your stenciled envelope gives a little clue to the receiver of what they will see inside - So pretty! thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: card and matching envelope! Julia xx

TK said...

Wow! Gorgeous card from the beautiful poinsettias to the wonderful embossing texture

lauren bergold said...

Such an amazing and beautifully elegant card! What a fabulous take on PINK CHRISTMAS at Jingle Belles!

SmilynStef said...

Love those gorgeous holiday blooms ... so glad you went Pink for a Cure with us at Jingle Belles.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Such a wonderful stencil of poinsettias. I’m loving the embossed panel as well. Thank you for playing along with the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

Marianne said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. Love how how the embossing enhances the effect of the stencilled poinsettias.
Marianne x

Pia S said...

This is lovely, I love how you combined stencilling and embossing on your card, and it's a beautiful envelope too. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational.

BożenA said...

WOW! Such an amazing combination of poinsettias embossed in the background and those applied to the panel using a stencil. This is a truly stunning card, Bonnie
xx