Tuesday, October 3, 2023

More Coneflowers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

When I made this card, I cut and embossed a few more flowers and backgrounds.
  I finally got around to getting them on cards.


The flowers were all die cut from Neena Solar White and colored with my
Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils.  After coloring it sharpened the pencil and gently
swiped the side of the point over t petals.  I used the same technique for the cone
atop the flower.  I used the stem from the Alstromeria Bunch die and colored it with pencils.

It sits on a background of Neenah Solar White that was embossed with the 
matching embossing folder.  I love the texture the embossing folder gives to the die cut too.

I added a bit of stamped and heat embossed script around some of the edges.  You
have to look close to see that in the photo.

And a twofer....


I did the die cut flowers the same way but embossed on watercolor paper and lightly 
colored the raised flowers with my Supracolor Pencils.

Then I covered two of them up with the die cut flowers.

Challenges:
Can you Handle the Pressure - Embossing with option of Bee
Simon Says Monday - Add some texture

 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Easy Expressions Original (Ton), Honeybee Home (SU), Texture Stamp (DD)
Ink:   Whisper White, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Brilliant Coneflower 3D EF & Die (SSS), Alstroemeria Bunch (SSS), White EP, Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils (Salmon Pink, Bordeaux Red, Yellow, Moss Green, Olive Grey)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful floral cards, my gardens are winding down so I will have to get all my garden beauty out of cards like yours!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane TB and CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I adore your coneflowers! You're a pro at coloring them to look so natural. Two gorgeous cards!
=]

Darlene said...

Oh Bonnie, these are both just BEAUTIFUL! You are so clever! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful coneflowers, Bonnie - so realistic!!

nancy littrell said...

TFS two more beautiful die cut and dry embossed floral cards, Bonnie. Love and Hugs..Nancy

HilaryJane said...

these are both so pretty, love that dusky pink. I don'y own any embossing folders with matching dies yet. think I might have to change that soon. Thanks for your recent visits to me and your tips for creating splatters xx

Marcia Hill said...

I never get tired of looking at coneflowers, and yours are BEAUTIFUL Bonnie! The detailing you added with the pencils is so pretty...they really look realistic!! Hugs. :0)

Melanie Hungerford said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring with the colored pencils is amazing, and such a pretty shade of pink. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, these are PRETTY! Incredible coloring on both of them!

Bobby said...

You know how much I love the Alstroemeria but these run a close second, Bonnie. The embossing really brings those coneflowers to life as does your wonderful pencil coloring.

kiwimeskreations said...

Two absolutely beautiful cards Bonnie - love your colouring and how you have coloured the edges of the die cuts. The backgrounds are perfect for them,, and I could just wee the embossed sentiments on the first card
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

Pretty coneflower cards Bonnie. Especially love the first card with the white embossed images in the background. Beautiful! xx

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous, I love cone flowers and texture and you've knocked both out of the park!

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful flowers and stunning coloring.

Trina P. said...

Lovely coneflower twofers and so beautifully coloured as always.

Pat said...

These coneflowers are beautiful Bonnie and love the cute bee on the first and the added embossed flowers in the background together with the embossed script, and the added stem and sentiment are great. The second card is pretty with the flowers and the pink strip down the side of the card, and some pretty gems too. x

TK said...

I love these coneflowers and your extra color on the tips, it really makes them stand out.

Susan said...

Beautiful coneflowers! The first one is great with the embossed background. The second is so soft and pretty with the various shades of pink.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous cards. x

Christine Alexander said...

Such a beautiful cone flower and I love the little bee ♥

Brenda said...

Both of these cards are amazing Bonnie! I love this flower and little bee on the matching embossed background. It amazes me how you get the cone part of the flower looking so fluffy! The clear embossing really adds that something, something...love that! Your second card is equally beautiful, love the cluster of these fabulous flowers! Hugs, Brenda

BożenA said...

WOW! These coneflowers look truly stunning! Your coloring is perfection and adding the cut out flowers to the embossed background makes the cards even more beautiful
xx