Friday, October 20, 2023

Sunrise Stem

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I love the colors that Hannelie chose for Color Hues #74.


Yellow and Kraft are perfect for this NBUS Sunrise Stem die.

I die cut all the pieces of the flower from Neenah Solar White 110 lb. cardstock
and colored with Pawsitively Saturated Ink and blending brushes.  The colors are
bright but not as glaring as they seem in this photo.  After brushing the brown inks
on the stem and leaves, I added a bit of yellow to give hem more of a fallish look.

The sentiment strip has been inked the same as the stem and leaves and stamped
with the darkest brown ink.

Challenges:
Color Hues #74 - Yellow & Kraft
NBUS #55 - Never Before Used Schtuff - Flower Die

 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:   Lemonade, Sunbeam, Citrine, Cappuccino, Mocha (SSS PSI)
Paper:   Crumb Cake, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Sunrise Stem die (SSS), Sparkling Diamonds Cover Plate (PFS) White Gel Pen


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


25 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is so pretty Bonnie. The cover plate you used is beautiful behind that lovely bloom. Love the font on the sentiment too.
Lynn

Brenda in IN said...

A beautiful breath of sunshine on this cloudy day here. I love the die and the coloring. Have a great weekend, Bonnie.

I Card Everyone said...

You have all the prettiest flowers in the garden, Bonnie! Another beautiful die and wonderful card! BTW doesn't seem 'glaring' to me at all!
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card in yellow and kraft. Love the coverplate you used and that lovely yellow flower. Great card.

Colleen said...

Bonnie, this is just stunning, so simple yet so gorgeous, your background really adds interest to the card design and showcases the flower beautifully!

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful card Bonnie! Your bright yellow flower looks perfect against that diamond background and kraft leaves! CAS perfection...LOVE it!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Hues Challenge...we always love seeing you in the gallery!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

I recently got that die and as bad as I wanted it, I haven't used it yet. It is so pretty in the yellow and I don't mind kraft leaves. Love that background too. Wonderful card, my friend.

LeAnne said...

This is just lovely! Lovely floral, lovely background, lovely sentiment!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous take on that color combo, Bonnie - love your flower stem atop that background!!

Viv said...

This is lovely Bonnie - and how beautiful is that sentiment. Love it

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Fall colors for your die cut daisy, stem and leaves, Bonnie. The challenge colors were perfect for your card. Nice adding the cover plate background for more texture too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

HilaryJane said...

Your flower is beautiful and that background is perfect for it xx

Loll said...

Your flower is beautiful with these colours from the challenge, Bonnie. The background is lovely. xx

Pat said...

This flower is so elegant and pretty Bonnie, and I love the diamond coverplate as a background, and a lovely sentiment to finish. x

Lisa Elton said...

I don't know which I like more, the sentiment or the flower! This is pretty, Bonnie!

TK said...

Gorgeous stem! You are correct, the colors are wonderful and definitely perfect for your card -- your background die is pretty terrific too!

Nstiz said...

Love this! How fresh this looks and so appropriate for so many occasions. I LOVE the way you color you die cuts, something I struggle with.

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Bonnie - such elegant simplicity!
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

Bonnie, you have used one of my favorite dies so wonderfully! I also love that sentiment too. Adding a touch of yellow back over the brown was a terrific idea! Always a pleasure having you pop up in our gallery at Color Hues.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a pretty floral card, Bonnie! I love how you used the challenge colors. I think adding a bit of yellow to the brown stem and leaves made all the difference. Ink-blending the sentiment strip in the same color(s) is a wonderful touch! Love this card!
Hideko xx

Hannelie said...

Oh my goodness I could not love this more! Beautiful card Bonnie! So happy you played along using my colors at Color Hues ♥

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

A pleasure to see your project in our gallery. Love your CAS approach and the colours! Such a beautiful flower! Thanks for sharing.
Diane - DT @ Krafty Chicks Challenge

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the fabulous CAS design! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Color Challenge!

JulieP said...

I'm coming in late here but this is just fabulous Bonnie! I love the CAS style and the background with your fabulous flower. Thanks so much for playing with us at the CH blog!

BożenA said...

Beautiful card in Earth colors. Your daisy is adorable and looks so beautiful against this spectacular background
xx