Saturday, October 7, 2023

Paper Wings for JUGS

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I am so excited to be Guest Designing for Just Us Girls this month.


I have a soft spot for butterflies and my stamp and die collection reflects that.
Recently I saw a stamp set on the Unity Stamp site that I "needed" to have.

When I saw the challenge for Just Us Girls with these colors...

I knew it was time to use this new butterfly set.  I think I may have set a record for 
the least amount of time a new stamp stayed in the NBUS box!  In fact, it didn't even
make it to the NBUS box!

Did you notice the number of this JUGS challenge?
It's the 700th week of their challenge.
Whew! That's a lot of challenges!

"Some of the design team members wanted to celebrate this 700th challenge.  There are some surprise prizes on a few of their blogs.  Please pop on over and see who is playing along.  In order to win any of these prizes, you must play in this challenge, comment on this blog and the blog of the design team member who is giving a prize.  You may comment on as many of the DT blogs as you'd like."


I've stamped and embossed the butterfly on watercolor paper and colored on with Zigs, then
fussy cut it out. The background was done with Distress Oxide inks on a piece of acetate, 
spritzed and pressed unto a piece of mixed media paper.  The set also comes with these 
sweet silhouette flowers.

I've popped up the outside frame and inset the design piece back inside.
It will go to a very special lady for her birthday.

Challenges:
Just Us Girls #700 - Color Challenge (see above)
Krafty Chicks #684 - Stamp Act
NBUS #55 - Never Before Used Schtuff
Triple B - Butterfly



 
 





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Paper Wings (Unity) Handwritten Notes (ret PTI)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Baked Brown Sugar (ret SU), Speckled Egg, Faded Jeans (DOX)
Paper: Watercolor (Altenew), Mixed Media (Strathnore), Kraft   
Other:  Acetate, Double Pierced Rectangles (ret Avery Elle), Black EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


31 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful card using your new stamp set and DOX background and die cut framing, Bonnie. Perfect for the Just US Girls #700 Challenge...Congratulations on being their Guest Designer too, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

TK said...

Beautiful butterfly and card! It's very easy to see why this HAD to come live at your house, and it apparently was so special you used it right away! Very pretty

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a beautiful card Bonnie - your uses of the colours and the stamps is exquisite.
Blessings
Maxine

Pat said...

Congratulations on being the GD this time Bonnie, and with this beautiful card. I love the smooshed background and the prettily coloured butterfly over it and love the gold foliage and sentiment, and framed perfectly with the double stitched rectangle..a wonderful card. x

Diane said...

I LOVE this card, absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Marcia Hill said...

I can see why you "needed" this butterfly set Bonnie and am not surprised at all that it never made it to the NBUS box! That butterfly is GORGEOUS and I love your background too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

JosieD said...

I am also a big fan of making cards with butterflies! They make a pretty
and happy result. I am so grateful to you for having me at your classes to learn this wonderful hobby when I moved here many years ago!!
With big smile,
Josie D.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love the pretty fly with that background. Fabulous card!

HilaryJane said...

Yes, I have noticed that you like butterflies. Love the background on this one and the vibrant orange. Congrats on your guest designer spot and how special that it is on their 700th challenge xx

Loll said...

That butterfly is beautiful ... I can see why you HAD to have it. :) Gorgeous card using the challenge colours. Congrats on being GD at JUGS, Bonnie! xx

Nancy said...

First of all, Welcome to Jugs for the month of October! I was so happy to see you were guesting with us. As for your gorgeous card…I can see why you purchased that pretty butterfly, as it is so realistic looking. Awesome job with the colors and I love your background too. Have a great day!

I Card Everyone said...

Congratulations, Bonnie! and what a gorgeous beginning to what will be a month of fabulous makes from you, my friend! I love your new butterfly - are you surprised? It's going to be hard for me not to completely CASE your card! That's okay, isn't it? well as long as I don't submit it! x
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so happy you're joining us as our guest this month, Bonnie! Your debut card is as pretty as it can be. That butterfly you had to have was the perfect choice for our colors!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous use of the colors, Bonnie - love that butterfly atop the blue! Congrats on being guest designer!!

Susan said...

Lovely butterfly, great spray of wildflowers. I like the way you did the background with the acetate and oxide ink.

jimlynn said...

Love that Unity stamp AND your card. The butterfly is so pretty and loving the background too. VERY pretty card Bonnie.
Lynn

Carol said...

Welcome Bonnie! We are so happy to have you as our guest! Your card is a perfect use of our colors this week. That butterfly just pops on your soft blue background. Such a serene scene card!!!

ElizStewart said...

Bonnie... I am thrilled you are here for the 700th challenge! Your card is spectacular as always!

Brenda said...

This card is gorgeous Bonnie! That butterfly is beautiful and of course you colored it up beautifully. It looks amazing on that stunning background sky! And I love the stamped wildflowers. Very organic, very beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Lori Turner said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Bonnie! I love these colors together. Great choice for a stamp - thanks for joining us this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge xoxoox

Bobby said...

Your Monarch is so regal, Bonnie, and he sparkles agains the simple background. I'm so happy to have you as our guest this month. I love everything you do and so will our followers.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with these colors. Love the pretty butterfly and the great background.

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving these colours too and your use of them on this pretty card! Vicky x

Johanna said...

One of my stamping friends is nuts about butterflies so it wouldn't have stayed unused for long in her craft room either. I can see why you like it. Very pretty image and nicely designed card.

Ina G said...

Simpleeeeeeeee beautiful Bonnie. That butterfly is stunning. Love the soft background and the extra foliage in your peek a boo die. Simply thrilled to have you Guesting with us this month. So glad we get to see more of your talents.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful butterfly card!

dj said...

Gorgeous!! I am loving your detailed butterfly...and you coloring of it is just gorgeous!! 700 challenges!! How exciting!! It has been so fun to play along with the JUG team over the last 14 years...so many fun challenges...thank for all the great inspiration!! I celebrate with you!!

cm said...

A beautiful scene with your new butterfly. I can see why you had to have it and why it spent a short time in the NBUS box: it's absolutely lovely! Wonderful choice for the 700th challenge!
~carol

Trina P. said...

Congratulations on GD! Gorgeous card. The colours were used perfectly!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on being Guest Designer for this very special 700th challenge, Bon! I love your design and love that your beautiful butterfly flew right from your mailbox to your card! Thank you so much for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly (Sorry to be so late. Just getting back to Blogland...feels good to be home!)

BożenA said...

Great color combination, Bonnie. I love the sunny butterfly and the color of the sky, slightly clouded by the approaching autumn
xx