Saturday, October 28, 2023

Stenciling over Heat Embossing with GO7

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

This month the Group of Sever Cardmakers had a fun technique.  I liked it so much
that I did several cards.

First up is actually the last card I did.


I used a music background stamp from Penny Black and stamped with VersaMark on
Neenah Solar White cardstock.  I opted for this flower stencil, also from Penny Black since
it had fairly large areas of stenciling.  A foiled sentiment finished it off.

Next up...


I stamped a snowflake background stamp from Hero Arts with VersaMark and used
white embossing again.  I made a homemade stencil with a pennant die and vellum and
blended some Simon Says Pawsitively Saturated Ink through the stencil.

After adding some snowflakes from my stash, I stamped and used red powder to 
emboss the sentiment. You can see the embossed background better in the next photo.

 

Then....


I used a Christmas script stamp for the background and a Tim Holtz stencil with 
another foiled sentiment. (Sorry for the glare.)

And using the same background stamp...


I used gold embossing powder for this one and another Tim Holtz stencil.
I wasn't expecting to like this as much, but I think it's my favorite.

I found this funky bow in my twine box.  I'm not sure what I was trying to do
when I tied it, but I thought it looked good with this card.  It's always nice to get some
of those UFOs on a card!

There are tutorials and a linky on the Group of Seven Cardmakers blog if you'd like 
to try this and share your results with us.


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Music Background (PB)
Ink:   VersaMark, (Festive Berries, Candied Apple, Rustic Wilderness (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Real Red (SU)
Other:  White EP, Flower Dance Stencil (PB)

Card Recipe (Card 2)
Stamps:  Hand Drawn Snowflakes Bold Prints (HA), Botanical Blocks IV (PTI)
Ink:   VersaMark, Field (SSS)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Vellum for stencil
Other: White EP, Red EP, Stacking Pennants Die (Honey Bee)


Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  Christmas Story Background (PB)
Ink:   VersaMark, Festive Berries, Lumberjack Plaid, Mustard Seed (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Real Red (SU)
Other: White EP, Poinsettia Duo Layering Stencil (TH)

Card Recipe (card 4)
Stamps:  Christmas Story Background (PB)
Ink:   VersaMark, Lumberjack Plaid, Barn Door, Rustic Wilderness (DI)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil (SU), Vellum
Other: Gold EP, Poinsettia Layering Stencil (TH), Red Twine (stash)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

24 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How can you pick a fave from these four stunners, Bonnie - I just love each & every one - delicate flowers, fun triangle tree, bold poinsettias and gorgeous gold! Thanks for the inspiration!!

HilaryJane said...

These are great. I can see why you just kept going and made several. It seems like quite an obvious thing to do, but I don't think I have ever thought of it before. Great inspiration, thanks. i think my favourite is the last one. Love the shine and that UFO xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh wow! Another inspirational technique! All of your cards are absolutely stunning but I think the final one is my favourite too - really luxurious looking! Vicky x

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie wow! Bookmarking so I can see if I have something suitable to try this with. What a cool technique and utterly beautiful cards!

I Card Everyone said...

I can totally understand how this technique works with so many backgrounds, Bonnie - and you have some beauties in your stash! Of course, you must know the Poinsettias are my favorites, right? LOve that background so very much!
=]

JoAnn said...

Wow, these are great and you did a wonderful job with this technique. The last one is my favorite too. :)
Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

Julia Aston said...

Four beauties here Bonnie - and it shows so many different ways to use this technique! I'm glad you tilted your tree so we could see the white embossed snowflakes over the panel! And how different that text looks embossed in gold! Julia xx

Christine Alexander said...

so many beautiful cards Bonnie, I agree with the gold embossing - wow what a stunner ♥
This was such a fun technique.

TK said...

All three are gorgeous, Bonnie! This technique appears to be something I could get into too -- maybe help me bump up my "stash"?!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful trio Bonne, and a fabulous technique - that gold embossing is exquisite. Love your innovative use of the pennant die to make a stencil for the tree.
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

Wonderful Christimas cards using this awesome combination of techniques, Bonnie. Each one is so beautiful and I absolutely LOVE the gold embossed words with poinsettias. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous cards. Wonderful technique. x

Carole said...

Four stunning cards Bonnie. What an unusual technique and so effective. They are all my favourites..lol! x

Brenda in IN said...

You got wonderful results on all four cards, they are wonderful. Using the gold embossing powder really made the last card so elegant and warm.

Nstiz said...

What a cool technique and one I have to try. My stencils need dusting off anyway. Love the effect of the script and I do agree with you, the dark poinsettias in gold is my favorite.

Trina P. said...

Great technique with fabulous results. The first two cards are my favourites.

Darnell said...

Oooh, how beautiful to see this technique using gold e/p, Bon! That card is a Christmas gift all by itself! I also love the look of the snowflakes with the Christmas tree! And the musical notes with the poppies ... haha, I love them ALL! I'm inspired! Hugs, Dolly

Lisa Elton said...

Each one is a marvelous as the next! The poinsettias are my fave!

nancy littrell said...

OMG...All four of your Cards are Gorgeous with the new GO7 Technique, Bonnie. I am glad you tried using Gold EB Powder for heat embossing...beautiful examples and inspiration my friend. I agree, the 4th Christmas poinsettia with gold EB is my favorite too, but I LOVED them all. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Bobby said...

These are all so fabulous, Bonnie. I love when you try the technique in different ways and colors to give us plenty of inspiration. I'll be checking out GO7 for the tutorials.

Marcia Hill said...

Didn't realize I was so far behind on commenting (spent the last 2 days with my mom as she had a pacemaker put in), but couldn't let all these wonderful cards go by without a comment! I think you last card is my favorite too (LOVE the gold embossing with the stenciling!) and I really like the "funky" bow on it too! But seriously Bonnie, they are all absolutely GORGEOUS! Hugs. :0)

Papercraft Boutique said...

These four cards are all stunning, Bonnie! The heat-embossed music sheet, the snowflake, and the Christmas script backgrounds complement the stenciled images so well. I especially love the 4th card - the bright red and green have a solid presence as much as the shiny gold heat-embossed text background and the gold foil strips do. Thanks for sharing your inspirng cards!
Hideko xx

Susan said...

Love all of these but especially the poinsettia ones! And out of the two poinsettia ones, I'm totally in love with the second one - love the gold embossing and the gold strips down the edges. Such a gorgeous and classy card! You did a great job of using our Gof7 technique on all of them!

BożenA said...

This technique is amazing. I didn't think it was possible to combine stenciling with hot powder embossing. The last card is also my favorite. In fact, it looks like a million dollars! Thank you very much for these artistic experiences.
xx