Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Brilliant Coneflower Bloom

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have a new embossing folder and die combo that I am loving!


I love coneflowers and yellow so it was easy and fun to put them together.

What I love the most of these die and embossing folder combos is the
wonderful texture you can get on the die cut.

I die cut the flower head twice from mixed media paper and used a blending brush to
add color to the flowers with some Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated ink
.  I touched the color with a damp waterbrush to blend a bit.

When everything was dry, I used a thumb dauber to add some brown to the raised 
bits of the flower center.

You can emboss the die cut before coloring but I didn't this time and after it 
was colored and dry, I placed the flowers in the embossing folder to get the details.

It doesn't come with a stem die, so I used the stem from the Alstroemeria set.
Then I layered two flowers over the stem using a few dimensionals under the top flower.

All was placed on top of my favorite embossed background.

Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - Use an embossing folder (no twist this time)
NBUS #54 - Never Before Used Schtuff
Simon Says Monday - What's Your Favorite Color (yellow)

 
 


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Honeybee Home (ret SU), Bitty Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:   Sunburst, Citrus, Peachy, Pearfection, Field, Cappuccino, Mocha (SSS)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Brilliant Coneflower EF & Die Combo (SSS), Vine Canopy 3D EF (SSS), Blending Brushes


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love your new Coneflower, Bonnie! In my garden, the Finches would have obliterated that big seed head in a nanosecond! Fantastic that you had the stem that works perfectly!
Note to self: borrow Marcia's Vine Canopy embossing folder again soon! I LOve that one, too!
=]

jimlynn said...

Coneflowers are always so pretty and this one is gorgeous! Love the detail on that die. The little bee is a perfect addition to an already beautiful card.
Lynn

Diane said...

Beautiful coneflower and oh yeah, that EB folder is a beauty!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Bobby said...

The companies knew what they were doing when they started the embossing for die cuts trend. Your coneflower is lovely in yellow with all the dimension, Bonnie. Love the little bee too.

Cat Craig said...

Oh I love this!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful coneflower in a lovely color. Love the texture of the embossing and on the flower.

Marcia Hill said...

Ooooooooh!! I love cone flowers and yellow too Bonnie, and this is just BEAUTIFUL!! Love that texture on the cone flower and really love that Vine Canopy embossed background too (one of my favorites also!)! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

You found the perfect stem for your pretty Coneflower! This is a lovely card, Bonnie!

Pat said...

You have some wonderful EF and die combos Bonnie and this is definitely one of them. I adore coneflowers and this is beautifully coloured, and the background embossing is really pretty with it, and what a cute little bee buzzing around it. x

Susan said...

Beautiful cone flower - love the fact that the die came with an embossing folder. Also love the embossing folder that you used for the background.

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a stunning result Bonnie - love your colours on this beautiful cone flower. The embossed background is wonderful, as is that bee.
Blessings
Maxine

Carole said...

Beautiful card Bonnie...a super coneflower and you have the patience of a saint with all that lovely colouring and layering. xx

Brenda in IN said...

Love everything about this card. I like a large die and this one is awesome. Your coloring brought it out so beautifully and the bee can't wait to get to the nectar. That is one of my favorite embossing folders too.

Loll said...

Beautiful cone flower Bonnie. Love the detailed embossing you got from your matching embossing. Adds so much to the flower to give it life. Lovely card, my friend. xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. This die and EF are perfectly matched. I’m ashamed my NBUS coneflower die set is still collecting dust. 🫣

Christine Alexander said...

Cone flowers are so beautiful, love the yellow against the white embossed background ♥

TK said...

Very pretty, and some really terrific dimension too! Wonderful coneflower and card, Bonnie

Brenda said...

I can see why you are loving this folder and die combo Bonnie, your card is gorgeous! Who doesn't love a coneflower and the color yellow-yellow is just so happy and sunny! Who fun that you had a stem that would work for this flower head. Love the embossing and love that little bee. Hugs, Brenda

Judy Woodland said...

Such a pretty card, and that little bee is just the perfect final touch. Lots of wonderful work here, thanks so much for playing along over at Can You Handle the Pressure. Hope we see you back again soon.
Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

Viv said...

I love this card Bonnie! the gorgeous flower and that cute little bee too...so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' :) Viv DT xx

Cindy Beach said...

Your folder and die duet look like a real winner to me, Bonnie! I could say the same for your card, it is stunning! The texture is phenomenal and so so pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge.

BożenA said...

I love your coneflowers for their sunny look. Such little rays of sunshine in winter time. This card is wonderful to look at
xx