Monday, September 4, 2023

Two for Christmas

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

First up has a vintage feel.


The music stamp is a new acquisition from a friend's stash.  After lightly stamping,
I used a stencil a sweet friend sent me for my birthday.  Two wreaths were layered in
the top of the arch and that pretty bow was in with the die.

I had to be a bit creative with the bird.  I don't have a cardinal that's the right scale.
So I cut the bird from another set leaving the top of his head off the plate
so I could cut his crest with scissors.

The second Christmas card was inspired by the mood board at Peace on Earth.


Those white snowflake cupcakes gave me an immediate idea.

I've embossed the snowflakes and lightly dragged a VersaMark pad over the raised
edges.  I sprinkled Heat & Stick powder over top and heat set.  Then I sprinkled some
fine crystal glitter over top and heated again. I don't know if you can see it, but it has
lots of sparkle to go with the shiny gold.

Challenges:
Jingle Belles - Have Yourself a Vintage Christmas (card 1)
Peace on Earth #47 - Inspired by the mood board (card 2)

  




Card Recipe ( card 1)
Stamps:  Musical Wordprints (ret HA), Season's Wishes (PB)
Ink:   Lumberjack Plaid, Rustic Wilderness, Brushed Corduroy, Antique Linen (DOX), Frayed Burlap (DI)
Paper:   Soft Seafoam, Real Red
Other:  Essential Arches Dies (Spl), Berry Stencil (Lavinia), Whirl Wreath, Bird Amidst the Holly (PB), Sparkle Papers Sticker Dots, 

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  
Ink:   VersaMark
Paper:   Neenah Natural, Gold Foil
Other:  Winter Snowflake 3D EF (Sizzix), Heat & Stick Powder (SU), Fine Crystal Glitter (Stampendous), Fancy Peace Die (Alt)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

29 comments:

JoAnn said...

Two great Christmas cards. Love the arched card with the swirly wreath and cute cardinal. I can see all the sparkle on your snowflake card. I know it is pretty IRL. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

This is the second arched shape card today that I've seen and loved, Bonnie!
You were very clever making this little guy into a cardinal - and what a fancy sentiment!
You'll laugh - the first thing I thought of after seeing the Peace on Earth challenge mood board... coconut cake! You were much more creative with that gorgeous crystal glitter!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

The bird card is charming and I hope no birds were injured in the making of this card! The snowflakes sparkle right through the screen. It is beautiful.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Short on time, but loving all your cards, from your September page, right through to here, gorgeous creations Bonnie.

Dorothy C. said...

Love both cards but have to say the first one I imagined a Christmas brooch/broach (never sure on the correct spelling). So lovely!!

jimlynn said...

Two beautiful cards for the holidays. Love the pretty wreath and bird.
Lynn

Marcia Hill said...

Your arched card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie!! I love how you created your own Cardinal, the background is gorgeous, and the wreath and bow are perfection!! And your glittery white on white snowflake card with the shiny gold die cut sentiment is sheer elegance and SOOOO pretty!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend and YAY for 2 more cards for the Christmas stash!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

These are both just gorgeous! I admit that the first one is my fave! How can you go wrong with a shaped card, musically embellished and has a CARDINAL on it! Beautiful!

Ann D said...

Two gorgeous cards! Thank you for sharing them and how you created them.

SmilynStef said...

That glittery bow is magical and I love the scripty font ... so very glad you joined us for our Christmas Past at Jingle Belles.

Colleen said...

Bonnie, your two Christmas cards are so pretty. I love your bird and wreath on the arched card with the music background, That is very cool! And your snowflake card sure has lots of sparkle and shine, it is gorgeous! Two more for the stash! Now isn't the hard part deciding who gets what card? I struggle with that!! LOL

Loll said...

I LOVE the arched card shape for your first card. That wreath is gorgeous over top of the stamped and stenciled background. And great work with the bird die ... you made a very plump and happy looking cardinal! Gorgeous glitter shine to your elegant, embossed snowflake panel with the second card. There's nothing that matches glitter. Wonderful cards Bonnie!! xx

Linda said...

Bonnie, two beautiful Christmas cards Lots of lovely dimension on each card.
Hope you are doing well.

Bobby said...

The wreath fits perfectly into that arch, Bonnie, and you did a great job making a cardinal. I can see all the glitter and shine on the snowflakes and they are beautiful.

Pat said...

A beautiful cardinal Bonnie and I love the die cut wreath and the softly stamped music in the background, and the arched shape looks great, then the fabulous sparkly finish to the embossed snowflakes on the second, and so elegant with the gold layer and sentiment. x

Lisa Elton said...

These are both fabulous, Bonnie! I'm quite smitten with your first one. I like the arched shape, your creativity to get a cardinal included and the music background. But it's that amazing bow that really caught my eye ~ WOWEE!

Susan said...

Love both of the cards - fabulous shape, background music stamping, and wreath on the first. Wonderful sparkle from the glitter on the second (I need to use Heat'n'Stick more often). Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.

Christine Alexander said...

Two gorgeous cards Bonnie. I especially love the glittery snow flakes, they are so elegant ♥

Diane said...

Both cards are gorgeous, love the plump red cardinal and the snowflake card is so elegant and beautiful!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

lauren bergold said...

What a lovely pair of cards, the vintage one kinda HAS to be my fave, right?! especially since you've made each element so special AND "converted" the sweet bird to a cardinal!!!! So happy you could join our Old-Fashioned Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

laurie said...

Hi Bonnie! Your cards are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations!

Leslie Miller said...

Bonnie, your wreath card is absolutely gorgeous! It makes my little heart happy. Clever girl to essentially create your own Cardinal. Gosh, what a pretty card. Your second card is a dazzling use of the embossing folder! I sure can see the sparkle. I thought at first it was sparkly embossing paste through a stencil. Brilliant!

Vicky Hayes said...

Two beautiful and clever cards Bonnie! Bravo at altering the die cut cardinal - it's seamless! I love the technique you describe with the embossed snowflakes too. Vicky x

TK said...

Two amazing cards for your stash, Bonnie! Love, love, love the cardinal on the wreath but then again your second card has ALL THAT SHINE!

Cat Craig said...

I love the wreath on the arched card...great design. I may have to borrow that. the sparkle and gold are fab on your second card too.

Brenda said...

Love both of these cards Bonnie! Your first card is just beautiful. The wreath is so unusual and I love the sweeping branches. The bow is so cool, looks like you put gems all over the shape, so sparkly! I love how you made your cardinal, I would have never know that it wasn't a cardinal die. The music background really makes this card look so pretty! Your peace snowflake card is elegant and so beautiful. Love your inspiration for it! Hugs, Brenda

Nancy said...

Two very lovely card... but I sure love the shine and sparkle of that second one! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both Christmas cards are fantastic, Bonnie! Your creativity shines through in your first card - with layered stamping and stenciling, dorm shaping, and a little "surgery" on the cardinal.
The second card is absolutely stunning with all that sparkle. It's so pretty!
Hideko xx