Thursday, September 21, 2023

Orange for Memory Box

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I am enjoying these fall colors.  No color in the leaves here, but lots
on my cards.


These pretty magnolias are masquerading as garden flowers today.

I've cut them from a background piece in my box that was done with Color Burst powders.

After I die cut the flowers I sponged the edges with Tangerine ink.

The Butterfly was cut from another piece in the background box that had been
smooshed with yellows.  I die cut the outline piece from a Snippet of black.

I didn't add a sentiment because I'm not sure what occasion it will go for.

Challenges:
Triple B - Inspired by Butterfly

 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Rhododendron (Technique Tuesday)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango 
Paper:   Watercolor (Strathmore), Bristol (Strathmore), Neenah Natural, Tangerine Tango
Other:  Magnolia Blossom Trio Die (MB), Drifting Side Butterfly Dies (MB), Elongated Dotted Hexagons Die (Studio Katia)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

17 comments:

Brenda said...

Such a beautiful card Bonnie! Who knew a magnolia could masquerade as a garden flower and look so beautiful doing it?!! I guess you did! LOL Love these blooms and I love that gorgeous butterfly. Only brown dried up leaves here, wonder if we will see much color this year. sigh Hugs, Brenda

I Card Everyone said...

We waved goodbye to our very last Monarch on the porch on Monday, Bonnie! You've reminded me how much I'll miss them.
In a beautiful way - and I love your Magnolia-turned-garden-flowers!
=]

Bobby said...

Great way to use up those backgrounds, Bonnie. You'd never know those beautiful orange flowers weren't meant to be garden flowers and that lovely butterfly thinks so too.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. I love that pretty butterfly and of course the flowers too.
Lynn

Darlene said...

WOW I'll say it again ... you are SO talented! I simply LOVE your design here! I see a few little tips there that I must remember! FANTASTIC card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Susan said...

Lovely autumn colours!! And a great chance to use up some of your pieces from that bottomless box that we all have! Love the way you tucked the little sentiment into the flowers.

Marcia Hill said...

Such pretty hues of orange Bonnie! Your magnolias and butterfly both look FABULOUS in this color and have definitely made me smile this morning! Hugs. :0)

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Way to stretch your magnolia dies into autumn.

Pat said...

This is a wonderful way of using up bits and pieces of backgrounds and he finished look is extremely pretty Bonnie. x

TK said...

Your blossoms and butterfly are so pretty, really love these colors and the bold black outline

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a striking card Bonnie - love your 'garden flowers', they are stunning!
Blessings
Maxine

HilaryJane said...

Lovely contrast and gorgeous colour. I could look at this all day. I am sure the leaves will be changing colour soon enough xx

Cat Craig said...

Its cool here and we're getting the edge of that storm (hope you fared well.) So these gorgeous rich fall colors are exactly what I am loving.

Loll said...

Pretty butterfly and flowers using fall colours, Bonnie! xx

Brenda in IN said...

This is a beautiful tribute to fall. The colors are amazing and both flowers and butterfly are stunning.

BożenA said...

Beautiful autumn card in autumn colors. A bit nostalgic for the passing summer...
xx

BożenA said...

Beautiful autumn card in autumn colors. A bit nostalgic for the passing summer...
xx