Saturday, September 30, 2023

Variation

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I struggled with the GO7 technique for September.  I seem to have a block when it
comes to putting ink on my embossing folders.  Especially permanent black ink!

I loved the look of the technique though and thought there must be an easier way.
For me at least.


I did the first part of the technique using re-inkers on wet mixed media paper, spritzing
and letting the colors blend.  (Sorry I didn't take a picture of it before I cut into it.)

I die cut this branch twice from the inked and completely dry piece and 
glued them on black cardstock that had been embossed with the branch die.

So much easier and no clean up involved.

I liked it so much that I did another....


This time I used the flower die to emboss the background and used an embossing
pen to add gold embossing powder randomly.  My gold "splatters" were punched 
with 1/16" and a 1/8" circle punches from gold cardstock.  I am loving this way of 
splattering. So much more control!

Challenges:
Krafty Chicks #683 - Thanksgiving (card 1)
Tic Tac Toe #228 - Using bottom left to top right-Black, Orange, Purple (card 1)
Try it on Tuesday - Going Round in Circles (card 2-Circles on flower and background)

 



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Black, Tangerine Tango, Gold Foil
Other:  SU Re-inkers (Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Tangerine), Privet Branch Die (SSS), Words of Gratitude Die (PB), Circle Punches (1/8", 1/16")

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 Series), Black, Gold Foil 
Other:  DI Re-inkers (Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber), Wild Flower Stems #2 Die (TH), Side Drifting Butterfly (MB), Circle Punches (1/8", 1/16")



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

Sandy said...

Both of your cards are really beautiful Bonnie!
Sandy xx

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I like your way better, too! You have achieved much the same look with your embossed elements - gorgeous leaves! - and I do love the drama of black card!
I couldn't even think about putting permanent black ink on my dearest tools ... I won't allow permanent black ink to come anywhere near my stamps either!
=]

Bobby said...

The reinkers give such brilliant color, Bonnie. They die cuts really stand out against the black background. Beautiful cards, my friend.

Susan said...

Both cards are stunning! I love your use of gold cardstock for the splatters! But, I have a question! How do you glue these tiny circles on and not have glue leaching out from under the circles on to the cardstock? The shiny sight of errant glue ruins a card for me! Would love your advice! And, thank you for sharing all you do. I so look forward to my almost daily dose of your artistic talent!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! I love the colors you used for the leaves and also the butterflies. Looks stunning against that black.
Lynn

marilyn said...

Very Clever!! Crafters always find a another way to do something!

Betty said...

two beautiful cards, Bonnie and love your improved technique! thanks for joining us at TicTacToe this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Lovely examples of your workaround to folder inking, Bonnie - love the rich black with your colorful die cuts!!

tonilea said...

Awesome cards. Just stunning! I will have to try this technique! Your way!

Bonnie said...

Susan, I use Bearly Art Glue with the tiny tip. It makes it easier to get a tiny drop.

Marcia Hill said...

Where there's a will, there's a way, and you nailed it Bonnie! And I like this way better without adding ink to my embossing folders!! Especially permanent ink!! Your cards are both absolutely GORGEOUS and I am definitely going to try this technique now...thanks for the updated version!! Hugs and happy weekend!! :0)

nancy littrell said...

WOW....The same Wow results using your technique and without the mess!!! You are so clever and creative, my dear friend. I would like to try your technique in the future..Love and Hugs..Nancy

TK said...

Both cards are stunning, Bonnie! I do LOVE the bold colors on black cs, but always neglect to actually do it -- maybe there's inspiration here? I think so

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great alternative technique Bonnie - I love these two vibrant results - and well done on your technique of making splatters also :)
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

These are stunning, Bonnie. That's what is great about Group of Seven, you learn other ways to do things and this worked out beautifully. The colors are so fall and lovely.

Cat Craig said...

I do like your idea to keep the spirit of the technique with out having the messy clean up...and possible inability to get rid of all the ink! Genius.

Lisa Elton said...

Bob oh boy did you nail this! MARVELOUS cards, Bonnie and so beautiful!

Susan said...

Two beautiful examples of an alternative way to do the reinkers with black background! Wonderful vibrant colours on your die cuts!

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards Bonnie, loved the one you've shared with us at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x

Christine Alexander said...

Great twist to the GOS technique and with beautiful results, I will try this myself ♥

Pia S said...

I think your small dots/splatter help tie the scene together very beautifully, it's a clever idea and a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Try it on Tuesday!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular cards! Love all your technique, those colours are great for fall. I’m delighted to have you playing with the Krafty Chicks All Occasions Challenge this week. Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

Trina P. said...

Brilliant! Love that it’s cleaner and easier, as long as the EF cones with a die. Beautiful card.

Leslie Miller said...

The technique is amazing. I'm all for this variation. It's not only cleaner and easier, it's gorgeous!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are stunning, Bonnie! You're so clever to come up with your own way to get the same look as the cards made with the original technique. The vibrant ink colors and the gold against the black background create such a dramatic and beautiful effect! Love them both!
Hideko xx

Brenda said...

Ha, leave it to you, Bonnie, to figure this out without making a mess with the black ink! I LOVE how both of your cards came out! So vibrant and so beautiful without all the mess. Gorgeous fall colors and gorgeous summer colors in your second card. I also love your "splatters"!! Hugs, Brenda

BożenA said...

Thank you for the tip on how to avoid permanent EF dyeing and still make such stunning cards. I love all your dramatic cards, Bonnie.
xx