Saturday, September 2, 2023

Two Sunflowers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Today I have two very similar cards.


I cut two sunflowers and colored them with Simon Says ink and blending brushes.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them.  The die cuts are quite large and my idea of
using both of them on a card was not working out.

As usual, I went into trial and error mode.

Oops.  I got the sentiment too far to the right.  It was a good excuse for using
one of these self stick buttons I'd recently bought at a sale by a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.
I believe they are retired but I was able to get two sheets of them.

I was glad I had a second sunflower in the wings.


This time I got the sentiment centered.

Challenges:
Beautiful Blossoms #8 - (Inspired by the sunflower on the 1st mood board below)
Double D - Sunflowers (See 2nd mood board below)

 





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Brushed Calligraphy #2 (Inky Antics), Splatters (?)
Ink:   Chocolate Chip (SU), Lemonade, Sunbeam, Citrine, Pearfection, Field, Sherbet (SSS)
Paper:   Rustic White (PTI), Neenah Solar White, Chocolate Chip
Other:  Sunflower Stem Die (SSS), Stitched Rectangles Die (SSS), A2 Thin Frames Die (SSS)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

21 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Both stunning, Bonnie! I might not have even noticed that the sentiment wasn't centered on your first card - I was blinded by the beauty of your pretty sunflower!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

I think both are perfect Bonnie and both your sunflowers and the sentiment are FABULOUS!! Lovely, lovely bright and happy cards!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

I love that sentiment, Bonnie, and the happy sunflower was all that was needed for a lovely card.

Dotty Jo said...

Both are gorgeous, Bonnie! I do love sunflowers, Jo x

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful sunflower cards. Love the sentiment.

nancy littrell said...

Two beautiful sunflower cards with a wonderful stamped sentiment, Bonnie. TFS Have a wonderful sunny day, my friend. Love and hugs...Nancy

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful. A brilliant sentiment and perfect splatters. Love that sunflower die too. Well rescued with the button, but I don't think I would have noticed if you hadn't said xx

jimlynn said...

Both are so wonderful and I do love that sentiment too. The little self stick button gives that first card a special look.
Lynn

Diane said...

Gorgeous, what a pretty sunflower!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Brenda said...

Both of these cards are stunning Bonnie! I am so loving those sunflowers, they are big but they are perfect and even more perfect with that amazing sentiment! It sure doesn't look off centered to me on the first card! Both cards are stunning like I said, that little "button" is adorable and goes well with the first card. Hugs, Brenda

Vicky Hayes said...

They both work beautifully Bonnie! Love the splash of cheerful yellow the sunflower brings! Vicky x

Cat Craig said...

Love them both, and just a bit more on the black frame...it really adds a pop.

Trina P. said...

Wonderful twofers. I think the black frame helps make it pop more.

Susan said...

Love that sentiment! Beautiful sunflower, layout, and splatters to set it off!

Donna Walls said...

2 gorgeous, sweet and simple cards - even though the sentiment was a bit off center, no one will ever notice. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we hope to see more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Brenda in IN said...

That was a great save! The sentiment is so inspiring and the sunflowers so bright and happy.

Leslie Miller said...

Well, this worked out just perfectly! I hate to say how many times an embellishment is on one of my cards because something else was poorly placed. I had to scrutinize closely to see anything off balance here. Two lovely cards with great contrast for a fresh and clean look. I love the stamped sprinkles, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Two bright and happy cards, Bonnie!

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful designs, very polished and classy. Lots of wonderful work here and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along over at Double D, hope we see you back again soon!
Judy~ DD DT Designer

Darlene said...

WOW ... these are fantastic! Love the verse and that POP of color is perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

TK said...

Two perfect cards -- I adore the sentiment and font on it!!! Your beautiful sunflowers are here to usher in the beginning of the cool down leading to fall... I'm ready!