Thursday, September 7, 2023

More Water Lifting

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

A few days ago I posted this cards using ink blending and waterlifting.

I didn't use the whole piece then.  Here's the rest of the piece.


A subtly embossed background and pretty die cut leaf were all this piece needed.

Two more that were made from some pieces that I used to check the colors for
ink blending.  They were too pretty to throw away.


This one ended up being my favorite.  I love these Whittle Birds!


The last one gave me a tussle getting the ink to lift.  There was a bit of pilling
that called for some tiny pearls and some Wink of Stella.  Yes the sentiment is crooked. 
 I'm hoping the little butterfly is getting all the attention.

For more about waterlifting, check out the Group of Seven Cardmakers blog.

Challenges:
Krafty Chicks - Must use stamp (card 1)
Simon Says Monday - Stamp it-Stamptember (card 2)
Simon Says Wednesday - Stamp it-Stamptember (card 2)
Triple B - Birds (card #2)



   
  


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Roses All Over (MFT), Every Day Sayings (HA)
Ink:   Whisper White, Picked Raspberry (DOX)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 Series), Neenah Solar White
Other:  White EF, Waterbrush, Subtle Textured EF (ret SU), Etched Laurel Leaves (SSS)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Stronger Together (SSS), Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Spiced Marmalade, Candied Apple (DOX)
Paper:   Neenah Natural, MM (Strathmore 400 Series)
Other:  White EP, Waterbrush, Whittle Birds (PS)

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  Stronger Together (SSS), Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Whisper White, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves (DOX)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 Series), Neenah Solar White
Other:  White EP, Waterbrush, Spring Leaves Coverplate (Honey Bee), Flights of Fancy Die (PB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


25 comments:

jimlynn said...

They're ALL so beautiful! I can't even pick a favorite. Love the water lifting.
Lynn

Darlene said...

Oh Bonnie, these are just GORGEOUS! Love the orange one ... that's a color I rarely use but am impressed every time I see someone else create with it! These beauties also fit our Simply Clean & Simple (CAS) challenge too ... please feel free to come play along.
Thanks for always sharing such amazing inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

JoAnn said...

These are beautiful. Those pieces sure came in handy for these beautiful cards. Love them all.

Bobby said...

I love your whittle birds too, Bonnie. Each card is lovely in its own right and it is such a great technique.

Brenda in IN said...

These are wonderful and my favorite is the birds too. I love the orange and lifting the color from the blooms is a great way to highlight them. I don't mind a crooked sentiment as crooked is my middle name so it looks perfect to me.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm always happy when pink and orange come together - even if they aren't on the same card!
You already know those roses are among my favorite - but that die - you have so many beauties!
Sweetest whittle birdies!
LOve the dotted background and of course the butterfly, too! h.e.l.l.o!
=]

Diane said...

WOW, ALL the cards are absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Pat said...

Three more water lifting beauties Bonnie and all very different and all equally beautiful, but I do love birds so think the second in those hot citrus colours is my favourite. x

Marcia Hill said...

I love both of the pink cards Bonnie, but I especially LOVE the middle one with the whittle birds...especially since I just bought those dies and it's great to see them in action!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Susan said...

Beautiful waterlifting on all three cards, Bonnie! Love those abstract roses on the first. And I agree the second one is my favourite - I love those sweet birds too.

Loll said...

These are beautiful, Bonnie. I love this combination of techniques. xx

Lisa Elton said...

Yep, those Whittle Birds are adorable and so is the card they landed on! Two pretty pink cards, love the roses!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful blending and water lifting. I think my favourite is the little birds ♥

nancy littrell said...

Wow...I LOVE all 3 of your ink blended cards using practice ink blending pieces, Bonnie. You are so creative and clever, my friend. I am finding the ink blending GO7 technique for August addicting...such beautiful results!! TFS your beauties, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Ida said...

What a beautiful trio of cards. Hard to pick a favorite but I am leaning a little towards those sweet little birds.

HilaryJane said...

I still haven't got round to having a go with this technique. I love all 3 of these, but I think the orange one is my favourite too. I have been away for a few days so I am sorry not to have been able to visit all your recent posts, but I am all caught up now xx

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous collection of cards, Bonnie. I love the textures the lifting and the dry embossing add.

TK said...

All three cards are just beautiful, Bonnie, I love each and every one! I have the MFT stamp and should pull it out, but your other two flowers are beautiful too

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, I like this card with the pink piece even more than the first! What a beautiful design! The middle card with the Whittle Birds is my favorite, too. Love the colors, the stamping, and those birds are the sweetest! The butterfly, flowers, and color were getting all my attention on your third card. I had to scroll back up to see the crooked sentiment after reading your note. Gorgeous stuff, Bonnie!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Such gorgeous cards, each one is different, but the technique works so well on each. Sigh, so very lovely.
Faith x

Brenda said...

These are all so beautiful Bonnie! I love the first one, my favorite I think. The colors on the second one are indeed beautiful, love the leaves and of course those sweet little birds. Your last one is equally beautiful, love that color combo. I think your butterfly is doing it's job, because I didn't notice our sentiment was crooked until I read it. Love this one as well. Hugs, Brenda

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful card Bonnie. I love the white heat embossed panel and the water lifting looks gorgeous. The die cut is really elegant too. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge this week. Hugs, Denise, Guest Designer x x

Leanne said...

Love these cards, and so pretty, I need try a few of these techniques so pretty. Thanks again for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Happy Krafty!


Leanne DT Member/KCC

Trina P. said...

You got amazing results! Love the pink ones.

Julia Aston said...

So glad you didn't toss the color blending tryouts Bonnie - these are all so pretty with just the panels of colors! Julia xx